• 15(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
Yeah the one from eBay 3.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Display-Female-V...rt+to+hdmi

the one I suggested was £1.47 (above)
or did you get the one decpvr suggested (which was £3.99)

what are you looking forward to test on this box? hows the noise level
Sorry decpvr recommendation. Noise? What noise. Apart from the beep when it first boots I don't hear anything... But I have three young children so maybe I have tuned my ears to block out sound lol
As to testing.. So long as it plays all my moves and TV shows from my server I'm happy. Nice to have with Windows (all my other boxes run openelec) for the odd Web browse

Now to sell my nuc n2820 Big Grin
The HP 260 G1 is eligible for windows 10 upgrade in July....sometime soon. Will Kodi run on windows 10?
I've just had a very strange fault on my unit which I thought I should document in case someone else suffers from it.
As I said earlier in the thread I've had a very busy week but thought today I should try out Kodi on it,
I installed 14.2, tried it out briefly and it worked so shut my G1 down to swap out peripherals to my Pipo X7 so I could copy over the remaining files I needed,
when I went back to the G1 and started it up I had sound but no picture, so I tried a different HDMI cable but same thing, tried a different port and same thing, tried VGA and it worked.
Now I'm thinking my display port adapter is faulty but to test the theory I unplugged everything and tried it out on my other TV and it worked, back to the original TV and same fault.
To cut what is already a long story short I had to update to the latest Intel graphics drivers and all is now ok, phew!
(2015-07-04, 21:00)MediaPi Wrote: The HP 260 G1 is eligible for windows 10 upgrade in July....sometime soon. Will Kodi run on windows 10?
It already does, plenty of ppl including myself running it
thanks Matt thats great news.

noggin this might interest you
http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/42...ry-3965836

I think its saying the screws are designed for hdd's. so I can the screws that you ordered are fine but won't fit ssd, they require finer screws, but the link I just posted has a nifty way to change the screws. you'll still need the finer screws though
(2015-07-04, 15:54)jmh2002 Wrote: I would like to try and buy a couple of these HP 260 G1 boxes but as an english speaker in France now I see that none of the UK suppliers offering this reasonable price will ship here to France.
I'm having the exact same problem as you Sad The best deal I have found for now is on Alternate but I'm still digging (because their offer does not come with Win8.1 installed...) I'll keep looking around and keep you informed if I find anything. Would you do the same?
I actually tried to send you a PM to talk about this but, apparently, I'm not allowed to. Guess I'm not "reputable" enough yet... meh.
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
Its an antispam measure. You need enough forum posts before being able to PM.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As 90-95% of my usage on my G1 will be Kodi related I've just installed Launcher4kodi to give it an appliance like feel,
without putting a stop watch on it I'd say from power on to Kodi accepting remote control inputs is around 20 seconds.

I'd also suggest if you're keeping Windows on this box some form of external storage (or internal if you buy the sata cable) is a must, without very much installed at all I'm down to 10 GB's free storage and if you have a large library and have an additional storage solution fitted then using the Path Substitution setting will free up a gig or two on your C: drive
(2015-07-05, 14:01)nickr Wrote: Its an antispam measure. You need enough forum posts before being able to PM.

I get and understand the measure. Not complaining Smile
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
I just ordered the Pentium 3558U/4GB RAM/500GB HDD version at 149€ from Alternate.fr. As agreed in my other post I'll keep you guys informed right here.

Fingers crossed!
That's a good deal. The UK version of the same website charge £170 so it seems where we benefit for the haswell you benefit from this other deal.
(2015-07-06, 12:24)Mark142 Wrote: That's a good deal. The UK version of the same website charge £170 so it seems where we benefit for the haswell you benefit from this other deal.
The Celeron 2957U and Pentium 3558U are both Haswell.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2