• 16(current)
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)
Something significant changed in the 14.x series because I never recall such crashing under 13 / 12.
What more can I do to help, if I enable debugging it puts all that text all over the screen? I'm happy to turn it on, albeit, gonna be a LARGE log file, since my crashes are sporadic.
(2015-03-18, 02:14)AbRASiON Wrote: Something significant changed in the 14.x series because I never recall such crashing under 13 / 12.
What more can I do to help, if I enable debugging it puts all that text all over the screen? I'm happy to turn it on, albeit, gonna be a LARGE log file, since my crashes are sporadic.

I was asking the same as you, not wanting the writing on the screen.
You need to put " <loglevel>1</loglevel> " in the advancedsettings.xml. then it makes a log every time, and there aren't any text on the screen.
Look through this post if you don't get it to work, when im told they also link to a site somewhere that tells how it's done.
(2015-03-17, 05:27)isamu.dragon Wrote: One bug that is easy to reproduce is if you have a smart playlist and you go into a movie set

then back out of the movie set. It will bring you to the All Movies area (not just the smart playlist) and will show all the movies including those that should be in a set

This has been a problem since 14.1

(Using Kodi 14.2 RC)

I've reported this also (see page 11 - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1931909) , I'm awaiting an update from mkortstiege on a fix. I found the problem in the .exe file.
I am super low on time these days, sorry. Will see if i can poke someone to have a look at this.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Bueller?
Another crash. This time not the "Kodi stopped working" but it just closed kodi and i had to restart it.
I had it paused and tried to skip back a few minutes i missed while receiving a phone call.

*rar contains:

kodi.log
xbmc_crashlog-14.2-BETA1 Git_20150213-5c1a4e8-20150319-202742.dmp
xbmc_stacktrace-14.2-BETA1 Git_20150213-5c1a4e8-20150319-202741.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo0c8jm8juzdho...5.rar?dl=0
Kodi stopped working last night as I was streaming to a upnp client. Debug logging was off sorry - last line of ordinary log was:

04:40:20 T:12360 ERROR: Unhandled exception in Process : Access violation at 0x77e7e41b: Writing location 0x7f7f7e7d

I've now set log level to 1 in advanced settings (thanks kiggerbare), so will try to recreate.
debug log of web server error. 14.2rc1

Zip with stack trace and dmp files from earlier crash:
On start up I get script failed:library data provider...

here is my log...

http://xbmclogs.com/p3gf1r4lp

*EDIT*

I deleted the service.library.data file...seems to have fixed the problem and I don't think it was needed nor related to the Kodi version updater.
Has anyone noticed that in some cases the default soundtrack is Dolby Digital and not True HD? I'm sure this wasn't happening in 14.1 version.
(2015-03-17, 05:27)isamu.dragon Wrote: One bug that is easy to reproduce is if you have a smart playlist and you go into a movie set
then back out of the movie set. It will bring you to the All Movies area (not just the smart playlist) and will show all the movies including those that should be in a set

edit: added pictures (Using Kodi 14.2 RC)

This issue has not been fixed in Kodi 14.2 Final
(2015-03-18, 09:33)Radar Wrote:

(Using Kodi 14.2 RC)

I've reported this also (see page 11 - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1931909) , I'm awaiting an update from mkortstiege on a fix. I found the problem in the .exe file.

(2015-03-18, 09:36)mkortstiege Wrote: I am super low on time these days, sorry. Will see if i can poke someone to have a look at this.

@isamu.dragon, see previous posts on this one.. It's been noted. As mkortstiege says, he is a tad busy and will poke someone to look into it. I'm hoping someone within the team can fix this issue before the final version of 14 is released as I'm still on version 14.0 with this bug in every version since.

And here is the bug ticket. http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15746#comment:11
I seem to be having problems with kodi displaying the right subtitle style (.ass files) since updating from 14.0.

sometimes it does it sometimes it won't.

Edit:

Did a bit more testing... possibly has something to do with internal attachments? I have the font i want to use installed on windows but only when i play a file with the font muxed into it does it work.

and it seems i only have to play it one time, after that the font works with other mkv files regardless if they have it in the container or not.

Its odd, i've never had this problem before.. i'd revert 14.0 but the crashes were even more annoying.

Also (not limited to this version) subtitles seem to just stop displaying sometimes. Turning them off and off doesn't make them show even though kodi says its currently displaying them.

Restarting kodi fixes it.
So "this is still a thing".
217802 (thread)
What are the plans to fix this, and anything i can do to help?
Like the rest of the bugs, this only just came after the change from Xbmc to Kodi.
try the nightly build for 15 to see if it is solved. If not solved, let them fix it there. I sounds like after 14.2 final there will not be anything else until 15.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)3