• 17(current)
Broken hGO EU Add-on (plugin.video.hbogoeu) [input-stream] [End Of Life]
@arvvoid Where can I read that HBO-Go faq ?
For Hbo go EU there is no faq and no information at all, on the hbogo.com there is a faq but is geoblocked from here, can read only the google cached version: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s...clnk&gl=hr (original url: https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles...und-sound-)

For the EU handler the addon declares itself to hbo go as comp (generic pc) and chrome browser and like that works (but the only audio stream provided by Hbo go is 2.0), so far I didn't manage to make it work if I specify a different platform, which would supposedly get additional audio streams (there is no guaranty that would help at all, and there is no guaranty at all there is 5.1 audio. Googling about this saw complaint of Shild users using the official app not getting 5.1 audio with Hbo go EU with no solutions or answers so idk). There is no public specification of the api. Can anyone even confirm for sure that is getting 5.1 audio with the official app?

Some time ago, while working on Spain/Nordic handler in the add-on, a user using the nordic region reported getting DD+ with the add-on in that region but I wasn't able to confirm that, so not sure.
But Hbo Nordic/Spain uses a different api, different provider, different implementation and a different set of rules.

EDIT SUPPORT INFO FOR HBO GO EU VERSION: https://helpcenter.hbogo.eu/
(2019-10-23, 10:34)arvvoid Wrote: For Hbo go EU there is no faq and no information at all, on the hbogo.com there is a faq but is geoblocked from here, can read only the google cached version: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s...clnk&gl=hr (original url: https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles...und-sound-)

For the EU handler the addon declares itself to hbo go as comp (generic pc) and chrome browser and like that works (but the only audio stream provided by Hbo go is 2.0), so far I didn't manage to make it work if I specify a different platform, which would supposedly get additional audio streams (there is no guaranty that would help at all, and there is no guaranty at all there is 5.1 audio. Googling about this saw complaint of Shild users using the official app not getting 5.1 audio with Hbo go EU with no solutions or answers so idk). There is no public specification of the api. Can anyone even confirm for sure that is getting 5.1 audio with the official app?

Some time ago, while working on Spain/Nordic handler in the add-on, a user using the nordic region reported getting DD+ with the add-on in that region but I wasn't able to confirm that, so not sure.
But Hbo Nordic/Spain uses a different api, different provider, different implementation and a different set of rules.

Thanks for your reply and patience.
This all was because the audio with my AV, viewing watchmen was really bad bass very loud I couldn't sometimes understand the vocals.

I appreciate your work.
Thanks, Alsuki.
Hello maybe stupid question (i'm new to KODI), 

Is using this add on legal? I have paid account for HBO GO and no application for fire Tv stick. 

When I use this add on (for HBO Go) am I  streaming some of the content from what I'm watching (downloading)?
(2019-10-23, 20:36)alsuki Wrote:
(2019-10-23, 10:34)arvvoid Wrote: For Hbo go EU there is no faq and no information at all, on the hbogo.com there is a faq but is geoblocked from here, can read only the google cached version: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s...clnk&gl=hr (original url: https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles...und-sound-)

Thanks for your reply and patience.
This all was because the audio with my AV, viewing watchmen was really bad bass very loud I couldn't sometimes understand the vocals.

I appreciate your work.
Thanks, Alsuki. 
You can try to specify the number of channels in Kodi audio settings and enable stereo upmix, that might help, it will upmix 2.0 audio to 5.1 then, will put both left and right on center and put right to front and back right and left to front and back left.
(2019-10-24, 09:58)azsym Wrote: Hello maybe stupid question (i'm new to KODI), 

Is using this add on legal? I have paid account for HBO GO and no application for fire Tv stick. 

When I use this add on (for HBO Go) am I  streaming some of the content from what I'm watching (downloading)?
The add-on work in the same way as watching content from the official website work in any browser with widevine support. There is basically no substantial difference using a browser to watch the content or this add-on, the content is just presented inside Kodi.
The content is streamed and the proprietary Google widevine library (already embedded in android devices/fire tv) is used to watch the drm protected content, no content is downloaded on your device. A valid Hbo Go account is needed for the add-on to work and to be able to stream.

The add-on is not officially supported by Hbo go and/or done with Hbo "blessing", it's an unofficial add-on, and not done using an official specification. It's simply done making the same api calls that are done on the official hbo go web site (got reading network data using embedded developer tools in the browser).

The add-on is done in good faith and does not and tries not to do anything illegal, it stream the content with the same legit mechanism any browser use to stream the content.
The source code is public and available.

Is using this add on legal? In good faith, I believe it is, but I'm no lawyer.
Thanks for the answer, this was what I wanted to hear, if nothing is downloaded and if (most important) I'm not seeding any content then I think no legal problems.
I managed to make it work (Amazon Fire TV stick - HBO GO with BG account), for a new guy in to this kodi stuff the video is quite fast, but I managed.
Thanks a lot for the work you put in to this it's great. 
It can be done more on the visualization of the content, but I'll be patient Smile
NEW PRE-RELEASE: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.19~beta38.zip available in my repository repository.arvvoid-1.0.0.zip

OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.19~beta38.zip

v.2.0.19-beta38
  • THIS IS A RELEASE CANDIDATE VERSION
  • Fix failed del session bug
  • Use urlencode to create urls (contribution Ajnasz)
  • Fix uuid encoding on some systems

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE MISSING LANGUAGE FILES
NEW RELEASE: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.20.zip available in my repository repository.arvvoid-1.0.0.zip

OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.20.zip

v.2.0.20
  • THIS IS A STABLE RELEASE
  • Eu Handler: use api v8

(2019-10-31, 14:54)arvvoid Wrote: NEW RELEASE: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.20.zip available in my repository repository.arvvoid-1.0.0.zip

OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.20.zipv.2.0.20
  • THIS IS A STABLE RELEASE
  • Eu Handler: use api v8
Hello, do you plan to fix the rest of the redirect login please?
5,1 audio working here after manually change of audio stream . Tested with Band of brothers.
Live in Sweden ...
https://imgur.com/z0ljmyp
Nice Smile

What (Amlogic ?) hardware is that, and what OS/Kodi with which skin you get all that info in Player process info ?

Here in Croatia on my Odroid N2 with CoreElec/Kodi I have only English 2 AAC channels and cannot select any other audio...
Amlogic s905 with latest Coreelec and the nice Unfussy skin ( has the best pvr views) https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345174
@tomkod1 hello, please go and read ISSUE #5 on Github, those few operators don't use a standard login procedure like the rest but login through their websites and custom logins. I will need a local developer with access to the specific operator to send a pull request which I would prefer.
Or in alternative someone with access to perform a detailed network log using the browser developer tools while performing the login using the official website (be informed that doing so would expose your credentials in the logs and remember to change them afterward before sending the logs, also would be advised before sending the logs to replace your email and/or username and password from the browser logs with XXXXXXXXXX as placeholder).
Recently also a bug was found and fixed, and the login might work for some of the operators with login redirect, but someone using those operators have to test and send a full debug log.

CURRENT STATUS ON THIS:

Czech Republic: Skylink [REDIRECT LOGIN] [NOT TESTED AFTER RECENT FIX]
Czech Republic: UPC CZ [REDIRECT LOGIN] [NOT TESTED AFTER RECENT FIX]
Polonia: Cyfrowy Polsat [REDIRECT LOGIN] [SOLVED CONFIRMED WORKING]
Romania: Telekom Romania [REDIRECT LOGIN] [NOT TESTED]
Romania: UPC Romania [REDIRECT LOGIN] [NOT TESTED AFTER RECENT FIX]
Romania: Vodafone Romania 4GTV+ [REDIRECT LOGIN] [NOT TESTED]
Slovakia: Skylink [REDIRECT LOGIN] [NOT TESTED AFTER RECENT FIX]
Slovakia: UPC CZ [REDIRECT LOGIN] [NOT TESTED AFTER RECENT FIX]

All other operators use a standard login procedure and work fine with the add-on
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hGO EU Add-on (plugin.video.hbogoeu) [input-stream] [End Of Life]2