• 184(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
(2023-08-27, 12:00)peat Wrote: The wiki code was splitted into a separate addon afaik. You probably have to install it manually from the jurialmunkey repo cause its not listed as skin dependency.
Thank you very much. I got it and it's working again now.
Awesome skin. Loved Arctic Horizon and this is great too. Is there a way to show plot information by default when paused/OSD is shown?
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
awesome skins . got a question about the default Spotlight that it only shows newly added movies, is there a way to show all movies ?
Hi everyone! Tried this skin in a month. This is best skin ever! I even separated cartoons, cartoons tv shows via modifiing skin files. I have a PC with 1060 GPU and 4k TV. All good when I update library.
The only question is what have I change that all backgrounds for movies downloads in 4k resolution. I check it in Thumbnails folder and all backgrounds are in 1080p. It looks bad. But all posters are small and looks good.
I opened file addon.xml and saw that skin is 1080p. Is that a limitation? Why is that so? Having superior GPU we cannot get best wallpapers quality... (((
Hello so installed latest version of le 12 nightly based on the following version of kodi: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...84/commits
however now i have no library for TV or Movies. Its gone on boot.
in logs I see this error:

Code:
2023-09-02 16:01:34.802 T:1029     info <general>: [script.module.jurialmunkey]JSONRPC Error:
                                                   {'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'method': 'VideoLibrary.GetMovies', 'id': 1, 'params': {'properties': ['title', 'imdbnumber', 'originaltitle', 'uniqueid', 'year', 'file']}}
                                                   {'error': {'code': -32603, 'message': 'Internal error.'}, 'id': 1, 'jsonrpc': '2.0'}
2023-09-02 16:01:34.926 T:977      info <general>: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2023-09-02 16:01:35.057 T:977   warning <general>: Skin has invalid include:
2023-09-02 16:01:35.802 T:1029     info <general>: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                                   Getting KodiDB movie FAILED!
2023-09-02 16:01:35.803 T:1029     info <general>: [script.module.jurialmunkey]JSONRPC Error:
                                                   {'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'method': 'VideoLibrary.GetTVShows', 'id': 1, 'params': {'properties': ['title', 'imdbnumber', 'originaltitle', 'uniqueid', 'year']}}
                                                   {'error': {'code': -32603, 'message': 'Internal error.'}, 'id': 1, 'jsonrpc': '2.0'}
2023-09-02 16:01:36.803 T:1029     info <general>: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                                   Getting KodiDB tvshow FAILED!
(2023-08-29, 15:12)oops21 Wrote: I check it in Thumbnails folder and all backgrounds are in 1080p.

1080p is the default fanart resolution that Kodi resizes your artwork to, you can change it in advancedsettings.xml

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....ry_artwork

1. Stop Kodi running.
2. Create an advancedsettings.xml file in your userdata directory that contains the following:-

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<advancedsettings>
  <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>
(9999 tells Kodi not to resize the artwork)

3. Delete the entire Thumbnails directory from the userdata directory to force Kodi to rebuild the thumbnails.
4. Restart Kodi
(2023-09-02, 17:36)roidy Wrote: 3. Delete the entire Thumbnails directory from the userdata directory to force Kodi to rebuild the thumbnails.

recommend removing the texture cache db file when removing the contents of Thumbnails, Database/Textures(xx).db

otherwise it retains indexed information for thumbnails cached that do not exist
(2023-09-02, 17:51)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-09-02, 17:36)roidy Wrote: 3. Delete the entire Thumbnails directory from the userdata directory to force Kodi to rebuild the thumbnails.

recommend removing the texture cache db file when removing the contents of Thumbnails, Database/Textures(xx).db

otherwise it retains indexed information for thumbnails cached that do not exist
yup same thing happened to me - or you can use something like `EZ Maintenance` addon
does this skin cache clearlogos somewhere?

i'm trying to change the clearlogos for a TV show in my library

i can see that i've changed the artwork when i access the context menu artwork interface, but the skin itself doesn't display the updated clearlogo

i can change fanart without issue

edit-
so it appears the issue is with with local clearlogo art only

i can change to a new remote clearlogo, but when i try to change a new local clearlogo it doesn't display in the skin - it falls back to the default remote clearlogo

is there a size requirement?

edit2-
it works if i rename the file to something other than `clearlogo.<EXT>` so i'm assuming my database is screwed up somehow
Hi everyone! I have some days testing the skin and looks awesome

I have a question, when marking chapters as watched in series, sometimes the check icon isn't visible
Seems that when the serie has just 1 season all is working, but when the serie has more than 1 season  kodi don't save the information or can't show it

I am attaching some pictures for better understanding. I have manually marked the chapters as watched, and it still doesn't work.

https://i.imgur.com/bcKeJny.png
https://i.imgur.com/4UjtcRf.png

I have tried with Horizon Fuse, and the same thing happens. 
I don't know if it's a misconfiguration, a bug, or a problem on my end.
(2023-09-10, 21:17)barrichelos Wrote: Hi everyone! I have some days testing the skin and looks awesome

I have a question, when marking chapters as watched in series, sometimes the check icon isn't visible
Seems that when the serie has just 1 season all is working, but when the serie has more than 1 season  kodi don't save the information or can't show it

I am attaching some pictures for better understanding. I have manually marked the chapters as watched, and it still doesn't work.

https://i.imgur.com/bcKeJny.png
https://i.imgur.com/4UjtcRf.png

I have tried with Horizon Fuse, and the same thing happens. 
I don't know if it's a misconfiguration, a bug, or a problem on my end.
Solved. I can't edit, so I'm quoting to myself explain

Testing with different viewtypes seems the problem appears just with the skins that combine seasons and chapters at the same time, for example, 'landscape combined'
I have changed the view for season to list and the same for chapters and now the check icon for viewed chapters appears

It's fine for me right now  Smile

-

I take this post to ask another question. 
The skin on my PC has an incredible performance, but on the TV box it takes about 30/40s to load everything as I have it configured
I have a page for series and another for movies, I think it would help if the skin loaded the page only when it is selected, I mean, my homepage by default is series, so the load would be lighter if it loads only the movies information when I go to that tab

Is there any way to configure this?
(2023-09-02, 17:36)roidy Wrote: advancedsettings> <fanartres>9999</fanartres></advancedsettings>

I did all this thing. No change. This is skin limitation. It only works if I make my own local db with MediaElch. There I choose 2160p fanart and it caches to thumbnail folder in 2160p resolution.
Did you also remove contents of Thumbnails, Database/Textures(xx).db because otherwise they won't get updated?

Also, the skin using 1080p dimensions has nothing to do with it as Kodi will scale all values up to 4k.
(2023-09-12, 13:22)Hitcher Wrote: Did you also remove contents of Thumbnails, Database/Textures(xx).db because otherwise they won't get updated?

Also, the skin using 1080p dimensions has nothing to do with it as Kodi will scale all values up to 4k.

I was making different changes to advanced settings, was setting 2160p and 9999. Every time after that I deleted folder Thumbnaild and db file. Than I readded folder with movies to my library. Than restarted KODI. Then everytime recheck Thumbneil folder, every time all fanarts was 1080p. On my 2k monitor and 4k TV I always see that all bad with backgrounds. 
Then I desided to make a local database with MediaElch, I choosed for every movie my own 2160p fanarts if Mediaelch gave me 1080p. Than I checked fanarts near my video files - they ware 2160p. Well, OK. Next in KODI I changed my library to local files - all went fine. I restarted to KODI. Then I went to Thumbneil folder, and WOW all fanarts are in 2160p!!! Wow all my KODI movies and TV Shows backgrounds looks very very good!!! 
And yes Arctic Horyzon skin uses 1080p settings in file addon.xml. If I change it to 2160p all becomes messy.
All this I do on version KODI for PC. On android its all even worse with quality due to 1080p GUI interface limitations.
So there was nothing wrong with the advancedsettings.xml - it was just the source of the files.

You don't need to change any skin code as Kodi will work out all the values needed to display at 4k from 1080p code. ie double them all.
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20