• 2(current)
Skipping frames and Audio dropouts OpenElec 2.99 RC2
That is funny. it seems somehow the legacy driver got loaded for your system, which should not happen.
Update: Checkout the OpenELEC github and revert the fglrx 12.10 commit, this should restore the version before.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
didnt help
made an new version with Catalyst 12.9 beta -> fglrx 8.97.2 is used
@wene:
That is interesting, try to remove the fglrx-legacy completely. There is only one udev trigger that decides which modul to be loaded.
In the projects file of Generic, there is this line:
GRAPHIC_DRIVERS="fglrx fglrx-legacy i915 i965 nvidia"
change it to
GRAPHIC_DRIVERS="fglrx i915 i965 nvidia"

Can you provide: lspci -vvv the udev trigger seems to be non working.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
i removed Catalyst 12.10 and fglrx-legacy but couldnt build the version
maybe i should wait for your testbuilds

lspci

@wene:
Testbuild is online - read the notes, please.
@ fritsch: first of all, baldige Besserung

tested both versions-> 2,3 glitches within 2 minutes
playing the same video with ubunt mini (exact the same fglrx 9.02, but 64bit) -> no glitches after 10 minutes

@wene:
Don't know where to start debugging. The XVBA code is the same for both. OpenELEC ships a different ffmpeg. So the driver was not the issue.
Can you repost some xbmc.log with debugging turned on?

Perhaps @FernetMenta has an idea of what is going on?
I don't see a debug log in this entire thread Sad
Because i posted them in the openelec forum.
the old one with oe3.0 RC1 Log
and a new one: Log

Code:
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>

Please change this to 3 - as 1 is not safe - just to rule this out.

done, no effect log
It seems to be something with the Reference Clock (or the display driver):
22:04:05 T:2733620032 DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: detected 1 vblanks, missed 11, refreshrate might have changed
22:04:07 T:2718956352 DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 40000.00, frameduration: 40000.000000
22:05:26 T:2733620032 DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: detected 1 vblanks, missed 15, refreshrate might have changed

I think I asked that before - does the same issue arrise when you disable the Refclock? Or set it to "Audio Clock"?

/me hopes to not have to read AudioEngine code tomorrow again

Please also post:

DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr
xrandr

without Sync

Audio Clock

same problem
@wene, you said you don't observe this on Ubuntu mini. What version, what kernel?
Ubuntu 12.10
3.5.0-23-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 24 13:15:40 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping frames and Audio dropouts OpenElec 2.99 RC20