Req Stack HD and SD movies with context menu to choose which to play
(2015-03-14, 10:02)Ned Scott Wrote: Yes, this feature is coming in the future.
How do you know? or you saw?
I have not seen anything like this in the roadmap : http://trac.kodi.tv/roadmap

(2015-03-14, 12:52)nickr Wrote: What I cannot figure out is why anyone needs so many versions of one video.

mymoviename_1080p_H264.strm - sounds good
mymoviename_720p_H264.strm - why? kodi will resize the 1080 to 720
mymoviename_1080p_H265.strm - why? you already have a 1080p
mymoviename_720p_H265.strm - see above.

I need multiple file versions for one single film.

For reasons:

1080p_H264.strm
Good quality but very large file. (between 8 to 12gb)

720p_H264.strm
Quality smaller but less intensive performance. (tablet reading)

1080p_H265.strm
New codec offering the same quality for file size 2 times smaller. (Very good for streaming)

720p_H265.strm
Quality okay for a minimum file size (2GB). Great for the streaming whose connection is low.

(2015-03-14, 12:54)mkortstiege Wrote: @ned, who's working on that? And i have to agree to nickr, only reason to have such a feature is for the obvious and mostly banned streaming sites. My 2c.

it's true, it's primarily for streaming use. But for me, it is only for personal use. And that is not illegal.
I host all in a cloud and I see many advantages.

Besides, I think this type of use will become democratize in the future.
(2015-03-14, 12:54)mkortstiege Wrote: @ned, who's working on that? And i have to agree to nickr, only reason to have such a feature is for the obvious and mostly banned streaming sites. My 2c.

It's comes as part of the duplicate handling for the Media Import & Client sync work, basically if the more than one file associated with the same media item you'll be given the choice of which to play. You might have a HD version on your NAS but only a SD version on your tablet for travelling, so you connect your tablet to the network then Kodi will offer to import all the tablet's items, then when you come to play a film it will offer the version. It's also useful if you have the Theatrical & Directors cuts of a film, Kodi will scrape them as the same film then offer you which version to play.
OK. Still not a big fan of it Wink But lets see how this works out.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
+1 for this feature. Would love to see a feature to stack different variants of the same video

Examples for my case:
Avatar <-> Avatar Extended Cut <-> 3D
Apocalypse Now <-> Apocalypse Now Redux ( ~1h longer)
Sin City <-> Sin City Directors Cut (different arrangement of the story line)
Grindhouse Double Feature <-> Planet Terror <-> Death Proof (much longer runtime for single releases)
Star Wars <-> Star Wars with the loved-n-hated CGI effects (you know what I mean Tongue )
Predator <-> Predator 3D (original/remastered)
etc ...

In most cases it will be useful for 3D and the extended cut/unrated variants movies
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-03-14, 19:32)sualfred Wrote: +1 for this feature. Would love to see a feature to stack different variants of the same video

Examples for my case:
Avatar <-> Avatar Extended Cut <-> 3D
Apocalypse Now <-> Apocalypse Now Redux ( ~1h longer)
Sin City <-> Sin City Directors Cut (different arrangement of the story line)
Grindhouse Double Feature <-> Planet Terror <-> Death Proof (much longer runtime for single releases)
Star Wars <-> Star Wars with the loved-n-hated CGI effects (you know what I mean Tongue )
Predator <-> Predator 3D (original/remastered)
etc ...

In most cases it will be useful for 3D and the extended cut/unrated variants movies

Yrs that use case makes a lot of sense.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Unless I'm mistaken, this all was actually mentioned in the devcon blog post from this year.
I don't think we actually made a post about devcon. Crap, now that I think about it, I never posted any videos either. I'll post the one that talks about this topic first :)
I have partially solution for this.
I use VideoExtras addon to separate different version of movies. I have HD version in library and SD/3D in .extras folder.
any headway on this request?
I don't see this on upcoming features, any timescale when this feature will be available?

DivX/xvid with CD1/2 days are over.

My problem is I have the same movie with this format:

My.Cool.Movie.BDRip.x264-X
My.Cool.Movie.BluRay.720p.x264-X

Don't need the same poster for same movie.
Quality stacking (SD, 720p, 1080p etc) will be easier to implement than different cut (directors, theatrical, uncut etc)
hello I would like to know if this feature will be available on kodi 17 or 18. thank you in advance
Just wondering if this is still a future thing ... If so any idea on how far out?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Ya, I need this too. Anyone working on it?
Just curious, what meta data would you guys like to be shown?

If you stack a 2d movie and a 3d movie, would you like to see 2D AND 3D mediaflags?

What if both version have different languages audio/subtitles? Would you like to see all, or from the 'best' resolution movie, or whatHuh

Has anyone though about how to solve this?
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Kodi currently supports switching between multiple video files in a mkv container.

You can put all different versions of film in one mkv file. Then go into video osd settings and select video stream.

Although you have to switch audio stream manually to match the video stream.

You can map audio stream switch to keyboard shortcut for quick switching although i don't think there is keyboard shortcut for switching video streams.

This is not the best workaround but at least for now it will clean up the library having only one entry for movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stack HD and SD movies with context menu to choose which to play1