Bug Strong performance hit when listening to music
Well, I'm just starting Party Mode from the home screen (I got a tile under Music) and go for it. I can send you the Party Playlist but I don't think that's gonna help since I don't think it's related to the party mode :/

I don't know if it might be related to the codec (but that would be weird since it's only happening on Titan). Most of my music is in ALAC or MP3, some FLACs here and there.

I'm now trying a graphics driver reinstall, gonna see if it helps or not.
Did you also try it with a complete fresh config of Titan ? So, go to skin settings, advanced settings --> backup your settings amd after that press "reset all skin settings to defaults"... With that virgin install make no changes to the changes and try the music playback. If it doesn't happen than, it must be related to one of the settings.
OK Graphics Driver Update didn't help the cause.
Gonna try the reset now.
Didn't help sadly Sad
I'm gonna disable the smart shortcuts on the virgin install and see what's happening.
OK, thanks for testing...
Something else to try...

1) rename your Kodi directory in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming

2) Start Kodi. You now have a "out of the box" virgin Kodi install...

3) install titan skin and try to playback music.

4) If you want to skip the scan music to library part, you can also quit Kodi again and copy over the MusicDb file in the Database subfolder.

In the meanwhile I have my testmachine running on music party mode for several hours now without any issues.

If any other user is reading this... It would really help if some more users can try to reproduce the issue.
That's the exact thing I was about to do actually Big Grin

Oh by the way smart shortcuts didn't help this time either
Mh after an hour it still looks pretty stable... So it looks like it's a Kodi setting for now :/ The only difference I notice at the moment is that Kodi seems to run at 50fps (Monitor is 60 Hz) instead of 60 as before..^^
(2015-05-20, 21:39)mihawk90 Wrote: Mh after an hour it still looks pretty stable... So it looks like it's a Kodi setting for now :/ The only difference I notice at the moment is that Kodi seems to run at 50fps (Monitor is 60 Hz) instead of 60 as before..^^

That's great to hear. Maybe you can now enable one-by-one your preferences/settings to see if the issue comes back ?
It might also have been an addon that you had installed that was causing the issues.
Yeah I think I'll try addons first since that is a greater source of issues in my eyes. Probably one of those addons that I had no idea it was installed because it was some dependency that an addon once installed and didn't uninstall when I uninstalled the addon :p

I'll try, gonna be a long time until I'm at the same settings as my old profile I guess...

/edit
suddenly the backup and restore skin options dialogs have my drives and the Home Folder displayed... previously only the sources I added in Filemanager were displayed... that's.. weird.
(2015-05-20, 22:07)mihawk90 Wrote: Yeah I think I'll try addons first since that is a greater source of issues in my eyes. Probably one of those addons that I had no idea it was installed because it was some dependency that an addon once installed and didn't uninstall when I uninstalled the addon :p
Addons can be a real pain to stability...

(2015-05-20, 22:07)mihawk90 Wrote: suddenly the backup and restore skin options dialogs have my drives and the Home Folder displayed... previously only the sources I added in Filemanager were displayed... that's.. weird.

Yeah, there's something weird with the file browse dialog in Kodi. I believe (but not sure) that when you have no sources added to file manager at all it'll let you choose from all drivers/folders
Mh so after just installing a few addon's it finally started again (never thought I'd gonna say finally with this issue). Just need to See which addon's causing it exactly...
(2015-05-21, 19:36)mihawk90 Wrote: Mh so after just installing a few addon's it finally started again (never thought I'd gonna say finally with this issue). Just need to See which addon's causing it exactly...

OK, good to hear that you have pinpointed the issue. Let me know which addon is causing the issue. It might be conflicting with Titan or it's a problem with the addon itself.
Mh this is totally weird... I've disabled all the addons I installed in the mean time and it's still slowing down o_O
(2015-05-21, 21:41)mihawk90 Wrote: Mh this is totally weird... I've disabled all the addons I installed in the mean time and it's still slowing down o_O

In that case one of the addons installed some helper service/script in the background which you don't see and that one is causing the issues.

Maybe take a look in the addons subfolder of your Kodi userdirectory and move any folders that are not needed, especially the ones that start with service or script ?
Mh well I disabled all the helper scripts as well, I'm just now starting over with a clean install again and then don't batch-install addons again Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strong performance hit when listening to music0