[split] New WETEK Box
@droidelec is there any more info/updates you can feed us?
looking forward for this box [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Any news on a release date? Will you start taking Pre-release orders?
Is there somebody like wrxtasy or hdmkv testing this upcoming device?

Would also like to know if the device will get the S905 or S905X, if S905 ... will there be another device with HDR?
Will it be possible to run OE from an SDCard like the Core?
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
Sooner the better! I foolishly bought a minix U1, which has passthrough issues to my sonos playbar, of which minix don't seem to care too much.

I want to buy a product that can happily run 4K 60fps without problem - and good customer support....something that minix could do with brushing up on.
I'm only speculating here, but with WeTek being a OpenELEC sponsor it would be a very strong possibility that any future products coming out of their workshop would run Android / OpenELEC in virtually the same way as existing WeTek products do.
ie. a user friendly Dual Boot setup. Wink

The v3.14 AML Linux Kernel in the S905 has also changed the the Hooks required to signal Refresh Mode changes and as such the current amcodec decoder in Kodi needs modding or as WeTek are in the process of doing, re-written entirely.

Frame Rate Automation aka HDMI Self adaptation also has different hooks to activate various modes by the looks of it.

Presumably the changes to Auto Frame brought by using v3.14 Kernel is for the better in the long run ?

We are going to present our WeTek Play 2S device next month at CabSat show in Dubai Smile

Device will support Android, OpenELEC and Enigma 2 operating systems, and there will be later this year Ubuntu Core for those who would like to do custom projects with more freedom Smile
I think i'll be holding off buying a new box until this comes out Smile
(2016-02-25, 23:38)Theetjuh Wrote: Is there somebody like wrxtasy or hdmkv testing this upcoming device?

Would also like to know if the device will get the S905 or S905X, if S905 ... will there be another device with HDR?
Will it be possible to run OE from an SDCard like the Core?
Hoping to be able to review the new WeTek box Smile. Currently in small closed beta testers group for HiMedia Q10 Pro, and I'm already pretty impressed w/its 4K capabilities, including HDR content. There are some issues present, which will hopefully fixed by release in about a month. With new WeTek, and their attention to quality, it should provide another excellent 4K option.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
[ignore]
(2016-02-26, 15:42)droidelec Wrote: We are going to present our WeTek Play 2S device next month at CabSat show in Dubai Smile

Device will support Android, OpenELEC and Enigma 2 operating systems, and there will be later this year Ubuntu Core for those who would like to do custom projects with more freedom Smile

Singel or dual dvb s2 tuner ?
(2016-02-26, 15:42)droidelec Wrote:

We are going to present our WeTek Play 2S device next month at CabSat show in Dubai Smile

Damn you wetek Wink

I've already bought every box you do on release date, looks like I'll be buying another shortly Smile
(2016-02-26, 15:42)droidelec Wrote:

Hopefully as this could be seen as a "cable box", maybe you can get Amazon to let you bundle an Amazon Prime Video App with it as you had done it with the core.

And using the the real Android TV channels App where the WETEK Theater can act in the background as a service would be awsome too Smile Then I buy that box immediatelly Smile Three of them to be more precise Smile
Guess I'm a bit dreaming Big Grin
Interesting! Would it somehow be possible to use this with a CI card for dvb-c?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] New WETEK Box1