(2017-03-12, 19:06)Mnementh Wrote: Ok try this:

1. Press Windows Key + x then click on Network Connections
2. Right click the desired connection the Wifi in your case
3. Click Properties then double click Internet Protocol Version 4
4. Click Advanced
5. Uncheck 'Automatic Metric'
6. Enter 10 in 'Interface Metric'
7. Click OK

Repeat for the Lower Priority Connection (Ethernet in your case) , but this time put 20 into the 'Interface Metric'

You should now use the higher priority connection as a default.

(2017-03-17, 00:38)scott967 Wrote: Was curious about this so did some playing around. It looks like you can start the powershell (enter this in search). First execute
Code:
Get-NetIPInterface -AddressFamily IPv4

That will get you some interesting info on your setup. I guess what you need is the index for the Wifi and Ethernet interfaces. Then you can run commands
Code:
Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceIndex 12  -InterfaceMetric 10
Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceIndex 1  -InterfaceMetric 20
Using the index you find in the first command for Wifi and Ethernet, instead of "12" and "1".

You should be able to re-run the Get-NetIPInterface command above and see the results.

But probably best to wait for Mnementh to confirm (at least before you run the "set" command).

scott s.

Thanks for the help all. I just now got off my lazy a$$ and set up the HDHomeRun Prime and disabled the Ceton Cablecard adapter in device manager. Upon reboot, Kodi is now showing the manually assigned IP address.
So that fixes that issue.

Odd that it would be using the Ceton Cablecard as it's IP address though. Wonder if anyone else has had this issue before me or it is just my luck?
@scott967 yep everything you did is the same as I did yesterday to test Smile

@Usafle I think you've chosen the best option there tbh by removing the Ceton from the equation, it's the only guaranteed way to work. Microsoft seem to flick daily as to whether they prefer Ethernet over Wifi or vice versa.

I know Librelec etc all have the option to choose which network interface they use but it's not part of Kodi itself, whether there's technical reasons for that or not I don't know (Librelec and Openelec et al all create their own OS to run on top of so it might be a function of that).
Thanks for the help all.

Now I've just got to "re-learn" this HDHomeRun stuff. I've been using the Ceton since... well... forever. I'm in unfamiliar territory now. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displaying wrong IP address. Only have 1 adapter1