Artist information folder can't be selected in settings page
(2020-01-09, 08:44)Uatschitchun Wrote: As long as there's a sources.xml, the instance is able to update the library!
If there's no sources.xml, updating the library will "delete" it! So beware :-)

Thanks for the heads up. So at least my sources.xml is centralised and pointed to in the advancedsettings.xml for each device. I will let this be to make sure database will not be emptied by accident. :-)
(2020-01-08, 16:37)gotham2014 Wrote: Selecting to create a new smb location does not work either as it will not show/load this particular NAS.

Are ur Clients Win10 Htpc's? If i remeber this correctly ther's a (as far as i knew, thil now unsolved) SMB Issue regarding SMB2/3 within Kodi which can require to "reactivate" the (unsecure) SMB1 protocol.

Thers also somethin in the Wiki.

EDIT: guess its this issue. also google throws a Ton of "the one or the other" Treats by searching for "Kodi SMB Issue", might one give a bit more insight.

EDIT2: Looking throu solutions people provided for the SMB issue, might not everything is suitable, found cracy stuff by people which try to use UPnP to get there Media displayd in Kodi )
(2020-01-09, 15:31)TP.One Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 16:37)gotham2014 Wrote: Selecting to create a new smb location does not work either as it will not show/load this particular NAS.

Are ur Clients Win10 Htpc's? If i remeber this correctly ther's a (as far as i knew, thil now unsolved) SMB Issue regarding SMB2/3 within Kodi which can require to "reactivate" the (unsecure) SMB1 protocol.

Thers also somethin in the Wiki.

EDIT: guess its this issue. also google throws a Ton of Treats by searching for "Kodi SMB Issue", might one give a bit more insight.  

Hi, thanks for the additional information. My issue is currently with android, not Windows. And Synology NAS. I don't have the play "freeze" issue as described in the bug tracker. I do know, like you mentioned, their are a good few issues with smb and Kodi out there.
create a mediasources.xml and add something like:

<mediasources>
    <network>
        <location id="0">smb://192.168.2.10/Artist Information</location>
    </network>
</mediasources>

that worked for me when I came across the same issue
(2020-01-11, 12:56)helta Wrote: create a mediasources.xml and add something like:

<mediasources>
    <network>
        <location id="0">smb://192.168.2.10/Artist Information</location>
    </network>
</mediasources>

that worked for me when I came across the same issue

Ah, good to know. will add it as well to the media source.xml. Thanks!
That's triggered my memory, when you add network sources via the GUI in File Manager it creates that Network section in mediasources.xml this is why it's always preferable to add sources via the GUI and not directly in the xml files.
(2020-01-11, 13:54)jjd-uk Wrote: That's triggered my memory, when you add network sources via the GUI in File Manager it creates that Network section in mediasources.xml this is why it's always preferable to add sources via the GUI and not directly in the xml files.

Thanks for the additional feedback!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist information folder can't be selected in settings page0