Broken [CLOSED] Introduce new "settinglevel" that allows you to disable settings entirely.
So you are talking about these

I was asking you to explain as those are referred in the code as Sections, so from a code POV they are NOT Categories, so while I thought it likely you were referring to these by the wrong name, I wasn't 100% sure which is why I said I wasn't sure what you were trying to achieve.
(2024-02-21, 21:12)jjd-uk Wrote: So you are talking about these

yes exactly those

requires 2 additions per section/category

for PVR

1st addition after this line https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....xml#L1628

Code:
        <setting id="pvr.enable" type="boolean">
          <visible>false</visible>
          <level>0</level>
          <default>true</default>
          <control type="toggle" />
        </setting>

but the skin still needs to abide by that setting and hide the category/section

2nd addition at the skin after this line https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...gs.xml#L84

Code:
<visible>System.GetBool(pvr.enable)</visible>

then it makes it possible to override from advancedsettings.xml

<setting id="pvr.enable">false</setting>

that's just for 1 category/section, rinse and repeat for others but i could not find anything for Profiles

ultimately i would like to set everything from advancedsettings but i cannot pre-set things like audio devices and video output because they will change per device
but i also do not want granny users being able to change those settings, that's where a read-only mode would come in handy

-----

not part of my request but if the enable/disable is implemented for various sections/categories then in the main code it could also abide by those and actually disable things like Profiles
but this request is just preventing users from changing those things, being enabled and hidden is mostly no different in my opinion (on most things)
As I said before that's what Master Lock is for.
And I just double checked, it can be used without any Profiles configured.
(2024-02-21, 23:35)jjd-uk Wrote: Master Lock

master lock doesn't facilitate individual items, it's On or it's Off
(2024-02-21, 23:38)jjd-uk Wrote: Profiles configured.

jellyfin for kodi only works in "Master Mode"

if you enable master lock you are no longer in Master Mode and it breaks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Introduce new "settinglevel" that allows you to disable settings entirely.0