• 20(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
pecinko Wrote:Maybe add a tab for metadata?

Everything would stay as it is now - right pane would have 2 tabs. First for images as it is now and when you click on second you get metadata view?

Double click would bring up a separate window containing those 2 tabs - one for images drag and drop, second for metadata editing.

I have a question - if file parameters could be read, will resolution, codec etc be saved to nfos then?

Naturally, if I have the data, then I'll save the data. ^^

I may have a look into adding more metadata onto the main window if a lot of people request it, but I'd prefer to keep it into a view only mode, something like the KISS method, "Keep it stupidly simple". Wink
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Ok, I was not sure if saving those data to nfos is supported by XBMC.

It was just an idea, works for me this way, too so no need to change.

Much More usefull would be having a grid view as you could tell quickly by the glance what titles are missing data. It's probably not a trivial task and you may have other things in mind right now.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Ok, I was not sure if saving those data to nfos is supported by XBMC.

It was just an idea, works for me this way, too so no need to change.

Much More usefull would be having a grid view as you could tell quickly by the glance what titles are missing data. It's probably not a trivial task and you may have other things in mind right now.

I am already planning to add additional data to the list to show in a quick glance which files (posters, fanart, trailer, subtitles, mayhaps even the resolution and audio types, and others) are available, if i'm able.
But yeah, this is probably going to need some work. ^^
@marius Sorry if it seems I'm full of suggestions. ;-) But I've been playing with ViMM a lot so as I think of something useful I figure I'll post it.

So, I've had to delete and rebuild all/some/one of the .NFO files and/or image files often since installing ViMM and an easier method for cleaning up these files would be good. At the moment I'm doing targeted searches for the file extensions so I can delete them.

As ViMM already knows where they all are would it be worth putting a clean-up all/some/one .NFO/image tool into the app?

Cheers.
Suggestions are always heartily welcomed! ^^
And a clean command sounds like a pretty good suggestion. Wink
Hello, I am new here marius, congratulations on a great idea.
I have read some the faqs and some of the posts after a few searches but have not found the answer. Are movies supposed to each have their own folder? My movie database is divided by genre and in each genre folder, there are numerous movies and their associated nfo, jpg, tbn and fanart. XBMC has no problem with this structures but ViMediaManager only reads one movie per folder and not always the first one either.
Thanks

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Hello, I am new here marius, congratulations on a great idea.
I have read some the faqs and some of the posts after a few searches but have not found the answer. Are movies supposed to each have their own folder? My movie database is divided by genre and in each genre folder, there are numerous movies and their associated nfo, jpg, tbn and fanart. XBMC has no problem with this structures but ViMediaManager only reads one movie per folder and not always the first one either.
Thanks

Hi there! and welcome to the thread!

As I understand it, your folder structure is something like this:
- Top Folder
- Genre
- MovieFile/Folder
- Genre
- MovieFile/Folder

To make it works with ViMediaManager, you would add the different genre folders to the application, and either make sure that every movie file is inside a folder inside the genre folder, or use the "Tool" menu to automate putting movie files inside folders.

Hope this helps. ^^
my structure is:
movies
movies/genre/
movies/genre/title1.avi
movies/genre/title1.nfo
movies/genre/title1.tbn
movies/genre/title1.jpg
movies/genre/title1-fanart.jpg
movies/genre/title2.avi
movies/genre/title2.nfo
movies/genre/title2.tbn
movies/genre/title2.jpg
movies/genre/title2-fanart.jpg
movies/genre/movieset/title3.avi
movies/genre/movieset/title3.nfo
movies/genre/movieset/title3.tbn
movies/genre/movieset/title3.jpg
movies/genre/movieset/title3-fanart.jpg

I understand you requirement but would like more info on the tools, it is definitely a worthy job but a lengthy one as the files are on the network and access is slow.

Also, is it normal that I don't see episodes in TVshows?
My structure for TVshows is
TVshows/
TVshows/showName1/
TVshows/showName1/season1/
TVshows/showName1/season1/episode1.avi
TVshows/showName1/season1/episode1.nfo
TVshows/showName1/season1/episode1.tbn

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:my structure is:
movies
movies/genre/
movies/genre/title1.avi
movies/genre/title1.nfo
movies/genre/title1.tbn
movies/genre/title1.jpg
movies/genre/title1-fanart.jpg
movies/genre/title2.avi
movies/genre/title2.nfo
movies/genre/title2.tbn
movies/genre/title2.jpg
movies/genre/title2-fanart.jpg
movies/genre/movieset/title3.avi
movies/genre/movieset/title3.nfo
movies/genre/movieset/title3.tbn
movies/genre/movieset/title3.jpg
movies/genre/movieset/title3-fanart.jpg

I understand you requirement but would like more info on the tools, it is definitely a worthy job but a lengthy one as the files are on the network and access is slow.

Also, is it normal that I don't see episodes in TVshows?
My structure for TVshows is
TVshows/
TVshows/showName1/
TVshows/showName1/season1/
TVshows/showName1/season1/episode1.avi
TVshows/showName1/season1/episode1.nfo
TVshows/showName1/season1/episode1.tbn

Correct, TV show episodes are not yet supported, though I plan to support them in much the same structure as yours.
How do the tools work exactly, I have not found info on them.

I have a backup of my media drive but dont want to take chances ;-)

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:How do the tools work exactly, I have not found info on them.

I have a backup of my media drive but dont want to take chances ;-)

The Tool that automates movie sorting searches through each path for movie files, if it finds these it creates a folder with the same name as the movie file but without the extension and moves the movie file inside this folder, it'll do this for each movie file it finds.
There shouldn't be any harmful repercussions for using this tool, though the current images and NFO files will not be moved with the movie file.
If you want to keep the current images and NFO files, you might try moving them all manually.
OK, I just saw the result of "Sort Movie Files Into Folders", it only processed the first folder and no subfolders.
As you said, it only moved the movie BUT it handles bigger movies seperately, not good for xbmc: ex batman-cd1.avi and batman-cd2.avi have to be in the same folder for xbmc to play the movie correctly.
Hope I am clear
Also What does Bulk Movies Renamer do? I stopped a the warning

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:OK, I just saw the result of "Sort Movie Files Into Folders", it only processed the first folder and no subfolders.
As you said, it only moved the movie BUT it handles bigger movies seperately, not good for xbmc: ex batman-cd1.avi and batman-cd2.avi have to be in the same folder for xbmc to play the movie correctly.
Hope I am clear
Also What does Bulk Movies Renamer do? I stopped a the warning

I guess it's not quite ready for 2 part movies yet...
Bulk Movies Renamer would rename the folders to 'Title' or whatever preferences you have said under "Movies" to rename them to, for this one to work best it should probably have an NFO file in each folder, otherwise I think it'll ignore renaming the folder.
Hello again, I just tried de the bulk renamer and got "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down"

As far as I can tell, nothing was done to the files or folders

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Hello again, I just tried de the bulk renamer and got "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down"

As far as I can tell, nothing was done to the files or folders

Alright, I'll look into it, thanks for letting me know ^^
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19