• 20(current)
Media Manager for Music
(2015-06-24, 05:36)hiphutch Wrote:
(2015-06-23, 07:47)mycollections Wrote: Hello,

Thanks for the quick review, could you please give me some sample of your album names and tag ?

Sure, I only tried one artist to start out with. I choose Yanni, as new age is not very popular, so it is a good test.

Here are some of the albums that got renamed:

Ethnicity -> ethnicity sun
Heart of Midnight -> Matters of the Heart
If I Could Tell You -> Isabella Tang, If I Could Tell You
Love Songs -> Brian McKnight, Love Songs
Mexicanisimo -> Flor Silvestre, Mexicanisimo
Out of Silence -> Roman Bertschi, Out of Silence

The album artwork is wrong on those. They all appear to be linking to a music.nokia.com site. It appears like it is matching albums with the same or similar album names, but not enforcing the artist name.

The genres on those are tagged originally as contemporary instrumental

Thanks for the feedback, we fix it for next version (next month).

Hello,

Version 4.1.0.0 of myCollections is out.
We improved music album recognition (thanks to AudioDb.com) in this version.

You can download from here : myCollections web site

Thanks for your feedback.
Still a waiting game for Symphony, would open-sourcing it like Kodi be a viable option. While the wait I noticed the post of "myCollections", it seem pretty good with first impression (aside from thread hijacking).

I would want to give information what good it does offer but I suppose you can find that out yourself. That said, testing it a little reveal few quirks that I do not like. first is (1) Privacy, it great there is an option to disable it but having it Opt-out instead of Opt-in is a damaging. (2) A "Like" button that initial I thought it was some social share feature, it turn out to a URL opening link that will open your internet browser probably a redirect somewhere. (3) Clicking on the "Pro" version on their website will just show a Login page, it not until you use the software, clicking "About" did you know one of the difference between the version is, "Free" allow only 100 entry. It would be good if I knew about this on the website rather than through their software.

Now the con is out of the way, it does deserve some praise; (1) Portable version. It always great to see it. However it does write/modify/read a registry key when you use the "Like" button though. (2) Many category option. (3) Dark theme is always a great eye candy.

A for suggestion, there is only few I can think of at the moment, the ability to copy information in "Help > About".

And a bug section: Theme seem to be incomplete or inconsistent, reading text in the "Add" section is impossible for instance, the color is also black rather than white like the main interface.
Hello Tototo,

Thanks for the quick review and sorry for the late answer (i just came back from vacation), please find below some explanations :

1- Agree, it will be done in next version.
2- It just open our facebook page.
3- Agree, we will change this asap.
4- We never write in the registry.

Regarding copy from the about, what kind of inforamtion you want to copy and why ?
Regarding the themes, could you please send us some screenshot ?

Best regards.
Hello,

I just browse the whole thread, and I didn't find anywhere to download this music manager !!
Wher I can get it ??
My 100000song collection really need this kind of tool

Merci beaucoup Smile
(2015-08-20, 19:40)aktarus Wrote: Hello,

I just browse the whole thread, and I didn't find anywhere to download this music manager !!
Wher I can get it ??
My 100000song collection really need this kind of tool

Merci beaucoup Smile

In my option, the "best" option currently for music tagging is MediaElch (http://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/download/). It's not great, and I've had issues with tagging (hopefully you have the ability to separate folders to selectively do them), but I haven't had a crash yet.

I'm not too keen with mycollections. There's some weirdness there.

1) if a song does not have a NFO file alongside it, clicking NFO update results in a NFO not found message, it doesn't create it.
2) I don't get the best results scraping files. ie. a scrape for Collective Soul, "Listen" gives me no results from Collective Soul; a scrape for Bruno Mars, "It Will Rain" gives me results for tribute to Bruno Mars results. seems like searches are only passing forward the song title, and not enforcing the artist name.
3) I seem to get plenty of crashes, most of the time they occur on importing. I found that this selection for importing worked best on my end: search pattern: files; search sub folder: checked; use in folder image, parse NFO file and auto clean title all unchecked. having any of those three caused crashes.
Hello Calvin,

We fix those bugs on version 4.2, until we fix it please uncheck "Parse NFO".
Coolio
@Ethyria

Any news about Symphony will be welcome. Thank you very much Smile
Zotac CI320 Nano : (4Go, SSD 64Go, W7_64)
Zotac CI323 Nano : (4Go, SSD 120Go, W10)

Acer Aspire 5740G (Intel I3 330M, 4Go, WD 500Go, W7_64)
Desktop (Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 6Go, Seagate 500Go & Seagate 320 Go W7_64)

NAS Synology DS213+ : 2*3To WD Red (SHR)
NAS Synology DS215J : 2*4To WD Red (SHR)

All under KODI Jarvis 16, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod & Mr.V Widget Mod.

You all need to check out Roon from Roonlabs, not a lot of info on the web yet as it is relatively new. It's geared toward HiFi systems. It's not cheap, you have to understand that this is for hifi systems,not something you get at best buy. Listen to a lot of music? Then it might be worth it. There is to many features to list, the interface makes other systems look like they were for Windows 98, Simply, it puts other music manager software to shame. I have some pictures I took of the interface, I'd have to upload them some where for you all. Are we allowed to link to off site galleries? BTW, not affiliated with Roonlabs,
@Ethyria : we miss you Sad

(2015-09-19, 17:52)Slick789 Wrote: You all need to check out Roon from Roonlabs, not a lot of info on the web yet as it is relatively new. It's geared toward HiFi systems. It's not cheap, you have to understand that this is for hifi systems,not something you get at best buy. Listen to a lot of music? Then it might be worth it. There is to many features to list, the interface makes other systems look like they were for Windows 98, Simply, it puts other music manager software to shame. I have some pictures I took of the interface, I'd have to upload them some where for you all. Are we allowed to link to off site galleries? BTW, not affiliated with Roonlabs,

If it doesn't do .nfos it doesn't matter Wink Rofl
(2015-09-19, 17:52)Slick789 Wrote: You all need to check out Roon from Roonlabs, not a lot of info on the web yet as it is relatively new. It's geared toward HiFi systems. It's not cheap, you have to understand that this is for hifi systems,not something you get at best buy. Listen to a lot of music? Then it might be worth it. There is to many features to list, the interface makes other systems look like they were for Windows 98, Simply, it puts other music manager software to shame. I have some pictures I took of the interface, I'd have to upload them some where for you all. Are we allowed to link to off site galleries? BTW, not affiliated with Roonlabs,

Extremely overpriced for what it does, even if it is a company that was born and spinned off from a hi-fi hardware company. I looked at all the youtube videos they posted and it looks mainly like a nice music player with info integrated from allmusic. There are quite a few other paid programs like this that will pull info for ones media library. Nice, but way over priced, even if they are trying to just appeal to a niche market.

What I am really hoping for is a htpc music tagger that can pull all the artist/band info and album info. Something that will also pull and save all the artwork for the band and album, such as album cover art, band art work, logo artwork, and fanart. As well as something that will create all the nfo files.

I really liked the look of the MQ one that was shown towards the start of this topic as well as Ethyria's one looked promising from what I tried.
@Wanilton:

Any news about Macedo manager on xbmcbrazil please ?

Thanks.

@wilmans2m,

Macedo stop developer, because medialech have music support now (get data and arts), he´s consider this option better at this moment.

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager for Music3