• 217(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Hi, this is a great add-on
I have a question. Is it possible to add audio files (mp3) as a directory channel?
thanks
Can anyone help me with a few questions?

directory - im creating a channel that plays all the videos in a folder/directory. but its only playing two of the videos, anyone know how that could possibly be?
Live Streams - Can you confirm there is no way to play live tv streams with this?
New 1channel plugin that adds strm files into the xbmc library - has anyone tried using psuedotv to play library items that are strm files added to the library by the (amazing) new beta version of the 1channel addon?
changing channels - am i supposed t be able to just press "6" on my remote to change to channel 6? doesn't seem to be working for me.
ease of use - is there a way of getting the epg to appear automatically when psuedo tv is turned on?
ease of use - is there a way to run spuedo tv automatically when xbmc starts?
too many of one show on a channel - my smart playlist is showing way more of one show than the others because there are simply so many episodes of that show in my library, is there any way of getting a smart playlist to show a more even spread?
aesthetics - can the EPG be made to start with channel 1 at the top of the list everytime?

Any help gratefully received, even if you can help with one of the questions.

brilliant addon btw!
(2012-09-23, 21:03)Randall Lind Wrote: I am new to this why are channel 100+ list as 1...when I show the guide in xbmc? Other then that I have no issues in fact this is a dream come true app. I always wanted to have my own TV channels.

1-99 my channel

1.. Movies etc

Because I didn't take into account people making channels over 100 when I designed the PseudoTV skin. If you want to get your hands dirty, you'll need to open up the script-pseudotv-epg.xml file and change the width of the channel number labels. The file is easy to read and commented so you shouldn't have too much trouble fixing it up yourself. Make sure to restart XBMC once you've made the fix to see the changes applied.

(2012-09-25, 11:16)mc445 Wrote: Hi, this is a great add-on
I have a question. Is it possible to add audio files (mp3) as a directory channel?
thanks

No but it would be nice to have some music channels in the future.

(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: directory - im creating a channel that plays all the videos in a folder/directory. but its only playing two of the videos, anyone know how that could possibly be?

PseudoTV might not be able to parse the file for the necessary file info. What format are the videos that aren't being played in (avi, mp4, wmv, etc.)?

(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: Live Streams - Can you confirm there is no way to play live tv streams with this?

No. This has been asked a hundred times now. The way PseudoTV works at the moment, doesn't allow for streaming.

(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: New 1channel plugin that adds strm files into the xbmc library - has anyone tried using psuedotv to play library items that are strm files added to the library by the (amazing) new beta version of the 1channel addon?

Yes, PseudoTV can use .strm files as long as the time length can be pulled from the file. Make sure "Use IceLibrary files" is enabled in the addon settings.

(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: changing channels - am i supposed t be able to just press "6" on my remote to change to channel 6? doesn't seem to be working for me.

Make sure to press enter after the channel number.

(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: ease of use - is there a way of getting the epg to appear automatically when psuedo tv is turned on?

Not without coding the feature.

(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: ease of use - is there a way to run spuedo tv automatically when xbmc starts?

Yes, you can add it to the autoexec file I believe though someone else will have to fill in the specifics.

(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: aesthetics - can the EPG be made to start with channel 1 at the top of the list everytime?

No.

thanks so much sranshaft for taking the time to reply.

the videos that my directory channel are failing to play are mp4 videos. the two files that it DOES play are also mp4 files. ive tried to use a programme called mp3tag to edit the file info, but it has the same problem as pseudotv (it can open only the two files but not the rest)

would be great to resolve this somehow as i have hundreds of mp4 videos downloaded from youtube for the kids. xbmc can play them fine but pseudo tv can't.

do you know of any way to add the info needed into the files?
(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: Can anyone help me with a few questions?

brilliant addon btw!

Please see my post #2277 in this thread.

Mark
the numbers on my remote won't work to change channel. I think it's because I have 'sms' text messaging style input setup in my keyboard.xml.

does that make sense? I could take that out but i dont have a wireless keyboard. is there anyway I can have both?

i was going to edit the <fullscreenvideo> section but it already has the normal keyboard press info in there.

what section of keyboard.xml should I edit to change how psuedotv responds to my keyboard presses?
Photo 

Im trying to add a preview window to my PTV skin using a regular video window at 320x240 but im stuck, when im adding the code the tvguide just go in black, anyone successfully added this to PTV? i appreciate a code snippet instead of reinventing the wheel Smile

Seems like a overlay issue

Thanks in advance
How can I fix this?

It won't let me drag the window over or anything, so I can't edit channels cause I can't see anything. Sad It has done this over all of the recent builds.
(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: Can anyone help me with a few questions?

directory - im creating a channel that plays all the videos in a folder/directory. but its only playing two of the videos, anyone know how that could possibly be?
Live Streams - Can you confirm there is no way to play live tv streams with this?
New 1channel plugin that adds strm files into the xbmc library - has anyone tried using psuedotv to play library items that are strm files added to the library by the (amazing) new beta version of the 1channel addon?
changing channels - am i supposed t be able to just press "6" on my remote to change to channel 6? doesn't seem to be working for me.
ease of use - is there a way of getting the epg to appear automatically when psuedo tv is turned on?
too many of one show on a channel - my smarty playlist is showing way more of one show than the others because there are simply so many episodes of that show in my library, is there any way of getting a smart playlist to show a more even spread?
aesthetics - can the EPG be made to start with channel 1 at the top of the list everytime?

brilliant addon btw!

The latest version of 1channel works fine with psuedotv. If however it fails to play the file, like it cant be resolved, it will sometimes hang and you have to restart xbmc.
I've started work to add LiveTV channel support. So as not to clutter this already very cluttered thread I have started a dedicated thread for it. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1202868
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: too many of one show on a channel - my smarty playlist is showing way more of one show than the others because there are simply so many episodes of that show in my library, is there any way of getting a smart playlist to show a more even spread?

There's a pretty intuitive workaround for this. I stumbled upon it when I was creating my Bat-Channel, which alternates Batman movies with episodes from all of the TV series. The problem, of course, is that there have only been about 7 or 8 Batman movies including cartoons, but there are hundreds of Batman episodes. My first version of the custom playlist didn't take this into account, and as a result the channel was all TV episodes -- the movies had about a 1-in-50 chance of being played at any given time.

Creating a mixed movie/tv playlist requires that you first make separate playlists for movies and TV shows, then combine them into one mixed playlist. So, my solution to the Batman problem was to limit the number of episodes in the TV playlist to 10 random episodes, but to place no similar limit for Batman movies. The result is that the channel now has about a 50/50 chance of playing a movie or TV show at any given time.

So, if you want to have an Animated Sitcom channel, and you're only getting Simpsons episodes and hardly any Clerks episodes, you can use the same solution. First, create a Simpsons.xsp file that pulls 25 random episodes, then point to that (instead of the entire series) in your Animated Sitcom.xsp file. That will level out the playing field between The Simpsons and other shows that have fewer episodes. You can do this for any long-running series that make up the channel.
hi everyone.
i tried the latest pre stable but the issue still happens.
i cannot use any scrapper in hebrew or have any folders or files in hebrew (or any non-english characters). it either doesnt allow me to select genre (cannot press "ok") or populate the channels (the files under "generate" while creating the channels are in gibrish characters).

any idea how i can get this resolved? i bet this annoys other users.
thanks
Hi folks,

I'm using version 2.1.0 in XBMC Eden, and I'm having an issue in the channel configuration when trying to add a 'directory', as it's not an option for me to select.

I do have the following options; Custom Playlist, TV Network, Movie Studio, TV Genre, Movie Genre, Mixed Genre, TV Show, TV Show (listed twice, without a TV Show Picker), and None.

I suspect the issue is with the second 'TV Show', as nothing happens when I select it and try and press 'ok'.

Any thoughts? (I did a search of this thread already, but couldn't find anything).

Image Image
(2012-10-01, 18:39)EZ1976 Wrote: hi everyone.
i tried the latest pre stable but the issue still happens.
i cannot use any scrapper in hebrew or have any folders or files in hebrew (or any non-english characters). it either doesnt allow me to select genre (cannot press "ok") or populate the channels (the files under "generate" while creating the channels are in gibrish characters).

any idea how i can get this resolved? i bet this annoys other users.
thanks

The only way to resolve this at the present time is to use ALL ENGLISH characters. PTV does not like characters that have special characters.

Mark
(2012-10-01, 19:55)phreaq Wrote: Hi folks,

I'm using version 2.1.0 in XBMC Eden, and I'm having an issue in the channel configuration when trying to add a 'directory', as it's not an option for me to select.

I do have the following options; Custom Playlist, TV Network, Movie Studio, TV Genre, Movie Genre, Mixed Genre, TV Show, TV Show (listed twice, without a TV Show Picker), and None.

I suspect the issue is with the second 'TV Show', as nothing happens when I select it and try and press 'ok'.

Any thoughts? (I did a search of this thread already, but couldn't find anything).

Image Image

I've had this problem. It's the skin you are using that is not displaying some of the options properly. I usually switch to confluence when I need to work on pseudotv.
  • 217(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25