• 22(current)
Release Composite (A Plex client)
(2021-03-13, 06:25)Thomfam Wrote: I am suspecting this is a Kodi 19 thing as I get the same outcome if I try the PlexKodiConnect addon.

Can't speak for composite but pkc definitely works with matrix so it sounds like an issue with your setups.
(2021-03-13, 11:55)darsuke Wrote:
(2021-03-13, 06:25)Thomfam Wrote: I am suspecting this is a Kodi 19 thing as I get the same outcome if I try the PlexKodiConnect addon.

Can't speak for composite but pkc definitely works with matrix so it sounds like an issue with your setups.
Composite also works with matrix, so definitely more of a local issue.
(2021-03-13, 12:28)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-03-13, 11:55)darsuke Wrote:

Composite also works with matrix, so definitely more of a local issue.
I am guessing it is my SMB settings in "Services".  I've tried using the Plex Server's name OldPC, I've tried using the IP of the OldPC Plex is installed on 192.168.0.67.  I've set the minimum to SMB1 and left the other settings to default.  Some shows do play but all take a while to load.  However there are problems with any file which goes for longer than 60 minutes, longer files don't open. 

When Kodi crashes I get a blue icon at the top of the screen and two options to either open or stop. If I hit open. Kodi reopens and nothing is playing.

I'll keep trying and see if I can solve it.
SMB1 could be your problem, see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359011

If that's not relevant a Debug Log would help to identify the issue.
It seems my Seagate Cloud Drive is the problem for me being able to access where my files are stored.  I also have files on disk drives attached to the OldPC where I have Plex installed.  I can add the Seagate drive folders to Kodi but after very short use the files are no longer seen.  I re navigate to the Seagate Files and I get the message that the path is no longer valid.  Yet the pathways to the disk drives attached to the OldPC remain steady and always connected.

The Seagate drive also has a 'private' section so that will be my next try.  This section has its own username and password and is not accessible to anyone on my home network.

This is not a Composite issue so I won't post any more updates on this here. Thanks to those who have passed on info.
I need help. I like to use this addon. But i have one point that must be solved. i use Kodi Matrix with german language.
i put in for movies as source
plugin://plugin.video.composite_for_plex/library/movies/
and it works and all movies i can see in my library.
when i put the source for the tv shows
plugin://plugin.video.composite_for_plex/library/tvshows/
i cant see any Series. Its empty when i go into the folder and the library doent will be filled.
Please help.
Before i try this plugin i use PKC and it works well with my series.
(2021-03-17, 13:02)dyamant Wrote: I need help. I like to use this addon. But i have one point that must be solved. i use Kodi Matrix with german language.
i put in for movies as source
plugin://plugin.video.composite_for_plex/library/movies/
and it works and all movies i can see in my library.
when i put the source for the tv shows
plugin://plugin.video.composite_for_plex/library/tvshows/
i cant see any Series. Its empty when i go into the folder and the library doent will be filled.
Please help.
Before i try this plugin i use PKC and it works well with my series.
This might help https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../README.md

Although if you want to use Library then PKC is probably a better option, Composite works better as a stand-alone addon without Library integration.
Sorry about this but I'm back again with my Composite crashing Kodi when trying to play from my Seagate Cloud Drive and also from my PlexPC addon drives.

I've set Kodi 19 up on my PC as "Portable" which means I can keep my Kodi PC app at 18.9 which works flawlessly with Composite.  I have the same problem on both Kodi 19 versions on my PC and Nvidia Shield.

I've changed my SMB1 settings on my Nvidia Shield to Minimum SMB V1 and Maximum SMB V1.  I can now reach all drives etc via Kodi 19 in a traditional Kodi setup.  Files play almost instantaneously.

But when I try to access files via the Composite addon on the PC the wheel just spins and usually causes the PC to crash.  On the Shield

Kodi logs are at https://www.mediafire.com/file/4642mmmws...s.rar/file

The KodiOld log is from a time the PC did not crash.

When I try to play a file in Kodi 19 via Composite there is a huge download.  I have a desktop app which shows downloads in green to my PC.  The photo is at https://www.mediafire.com/view/8solxp7mn...9.jpg/file

Kodi 18 works perfectly.  But if I try Composite (or I imagine PKC) the file doesn't open, frequently causing the PC to crash.

Any help appreciated.

iqabahitop.kodi (paste)
Back to the drawing board.  I have a new copy of Kodi 19 installed.  I can quickly and easily play large files from both my Seagate Cloud Drive and a My OldPC attached to my network (via internet cable) on an Nvidia Shield in my lounge. I have added both as smb network sources in Kodi (DESKTOP-7GKHHBJ & PERSONALCLOUD/Public) and these now show in Sources.  My Android SMB settings are Server Name Blank (0.0.0.0), SMB minimum v1 SMB Maximum V1.  To add movies I easily navigate to the OldPC/Seagate Cloud cloud and nominate a shared folder, eg "Android Classics" on the Cloud.

I have installed the Official Plex app on the new kodi 19, signed in and can access and play back all files from anywhere on my network.

I have installed the Composite addon in Kodi, logged into my Plex account and the Composite Addon is active.  I can see and open all my Plex folders in Composite.  I open a Plex folder in Composite and click on a movie to play.  The circle goes around and around and then Kodi crashes.

It seems I need to adjust some settings in the Composite addon.

Is there a step by step guide to setting up the the Composite Addon.  A YouTube on this would be great for me.

Regretfully I can't get a Kodi log file.  I had installed a couple of log file addons on my Shield but when I open them they say there isn't a log file.  The log files I've posted above are from my PC which experiences the same problems as Composite on my Shield.  Kodi 18.9 on my "go to" Shield is operating perfectly!
Tried plex kodi connect so i could get Clearlogos working, using Bingie Mod skin looked really nice, but had a few issues probably because my plex server is massive. I have gone back to Composite as it just works and works well, I just really need a fanart api setting like a lot of other kodi addons so I can get Clearlogos working! If anyone knows how to do this I would be really grateful to have a perfect addon! I using kodi 18.9 with a shield.
I see a big when trying to use tmdb helper composite player, any episodes that are just called a basic 'Season 1 Episode 4' or similar, the player can't find anything to play. It only plays episodes that have a proper name. It obviously only searches epsidoe name and noth9to do with the show name
Anyone know how to use library integration? IN the settings it will only aloow me to select my own little server, and not a friends plex share, does he need to enable something on his server so i can use it in my library?
Is there a way to make this auto start when I open Kodi?
(2021-04-12, 06:13)Fma15 Wrote: Is there a way to make this auto start when I open Kodi?
You could use https://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec_Service
Seems pretty dead in here now? I still love composite and have it installed now on kodi 19, but I find kodi crashing frequently when playback stops and the skin has to reload the widgets. I have tried reinstall of kodi, and about 3 different skins that use widgets, bit they all crash frequently. I only have composite installed, and key map editor, so I wonder if it's a composite issue? Is anyone else using Matrix 19 with composite and widgets successfully?
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite (A Plex client)0