• 23(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
Sorry, but what is the fix for? I am not sure I am seeing bugs.
Also what can I use / train the coloured buttons for?
See remote.xml for colored buttons usage.
Global mapping:
Code:
<red>ActivateWindow(TVChannels)</red>
<green>ActivateWindow(Videos)</green>
<yellow>ActivateWindow(Music)</yellow>
<blue>ActivateWindow(Pictures)</blue>
(2016-11-14, 21:12)bam80 Wrote: See remote.xml for colored buttons usage.
Global mapping:
Code:
<red>ActivateWindow(TVChannels)</red>
<green>ActivateWindow(Videos)</green>
<yellow>ActivateWindow(Music)</yellow>
<blue>ActivateWindow(Pictures)</blue>

Ok Why do they do nothing for me ? On libreelec ?

Yeah... I have no idea what to do with that file
@redkoatz: those buttons( [Power] [Red ] [ Green ] [Yellow ] [Blue ] ) send the Infrared signal, I think you need a IR reciver to work with LIRC .
Because these keys are not mapped in Xorg XKB configuration by default. It's possible, but tricky for casual user, nor *ELECs adds this mapping unfortunately.
But, since by default these keys on this remote generates not proper colored keys keycodes, but functional keys keycodes instead (F3-F6 as I remember) - you have a chance to easily map them in Keymap_Editor addon.

UPDATE:
No, there is no need for LIRC - these keys are functional in RF mode
(2016-11-15, 00:25)bam80 Wrote: Because these keys are not mapped in Xorg XKB configuration by default. It's possible, but tricky for casual user, nor *ELECs adds this mapping unfortunately.
But, since by default these keys on this remote generates not proper colored keys keycodes, but functional keys keycodes instead (F3-F6 as I remember) - you have a chance to easily map them in Keymap_Editor addon.

UPDATE:

I don't follow!! Are you saying these v keys should work in libre elec??
I've noticed that I have to press the ok button twice to start a movie , and also when I try using the directional pad, the air mouse immediately activates, even though I previously pressed. The button to turn the air mouse OFF.

In short I find trying to double click the ok button while the air mouse cursor wobbles is immensely tedious. And so is pressing air mouse off, every time I pick up the remote ! Not to mention the ultra fast battery drain, which I suspect is due to the air mouse always being awake !!

I saw the fund in page one, but how can that work on a raspberry pi?? I assume the coloured keys will not work, without cec, ?

A lot of questions but please bare with me.
I'm considering just getting a better remote - my friend has one and air mouse movement is smoother, and the remote has an on off switch on the side, battery lasts weeks ! I would love a remote that can cope with voice input
(2016-11-16, 22:48)redkoatz Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 00:25)bam80 Wrote: Because these keys are not mapped in Xorg XKB configuration by default. It's possible, but tricky for casual user, nor *ELECs adds this mapping unfortunately.

UPDATE:

I've noticed that I have to press the ok button twice to start a movie , and also when I try using the directional pad, the air mouse immediately activates, even though I previously pressed. The button to turn the air mouse OFF.

In short I find trying to double click the ok button while the air mouse cursor wobbles is immensely tedious. And so is pressing air mouse off, every time I pick up the remote ! Not to mention the ultra fast battery drain, which I suspect is due to the air mouse always being awake !!

I saw the fund in page one, but how can that work on a raspberry pi?? I assume the coloured keys will not work, without cec, ?

I'm considering just getting a better remote - my friend has one and air mouse movement is smoother, and the remote has an on off switch on the side, battery lasts weeks ! I would love a remote that can cope with voice input

I had one of these from Amazon and returned it for a refund, as the mouse waking up all the time made this remote unusable for me.

I ordered one of these instead:-

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842

When you press the mouse button to switch the mouse off, it stays off until you press the mouse button to activate the mouse again

UPDATE:

Oh, sorry, what I was saying applies to T3 version http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842. It is far better remote
(2016-11-16, 22:58)Jeffers24 Wrote:

UPDATE:

I had one of these from Amazon and returned it for a refund, as the mouse waking up all the time made this remote unusable for me.

I ordered one of these instead:-

When you press the mouse button to switch the mouse off, it stays off until you press the mouse button to activate the mouse again

That t3 remote looks great , not sure why I need a g sensor ?? Clarification please ??

Would love to hear your comparison with this remote below ( I received an answer from purchaser air mouse stays turned off ) this one also has g sensor but has voice input ( which I use in kodi to search for movies )
Not sure why gyroscope sensor is important ? Do all air mouse have it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01I...NGJKEVBW1W

Not sure if one below has voice input, waiting for answer if air mouse stays off
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014...JNQVEI76DM

This one below has a bright red d pad I like how it stands out clearly
Also waiting for answer about air mouse
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N...60QXZ04L3V

I only like ones with removable batteries !!!! Built in batteries degrade over time with removable batteries I can charge spare while I use current ones and never need to plug in cable to charge
(2016-10-31, 02:05)Dook Wrote: Has anyone bought this remote? The keyboard is better than T3, all keys are programmable, and the price is even lower.

I have, but the thing with the airmouse is present and there is no way to fix it, and no, all the keys are NOT programmable, just the four colored keys at the bottom.
Hey everyone, im planning to use this remote for openelec on a pc. do you think this remote will work out of the box or will it require additional work?

Thanks
(2016-12-01, 23:57)TAagam Wrote: Hey everyone, im planning to use this remote for openelec on a pc. do you think this remote will work out of the box or will it require additional work?

Thanks

Read earlier posts, this remote has a problem with the mouse pointer switching itself on.

As an alternative buy one of these:-

I haven't used mine for openlec on a pc, so can't answer your question.
(2016-12-01, 23:57)TAagam Wrote: Hey everyone, im planning to use this remote for openelec on a pc. do you think this remote will work out of the box or will it require additional work?

Thanks

Using the keymaps on the 1st page, its works fine for me using rpi2 and LE...therr are a number of different versions of this remote though....
(2016-12-02, 00:04)Jeffers24 Wrote:

Thanks

Read earlier posts, this remote has a problem with the mouse pointer switching itself on.

As an alternative buy one of these:-

I haven't used mine for openlec on a pc, so can't answer your question.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. The T3 remote is like $4 more expensive for me so maybe I'll get that one.

I'm concerned since that is from a smaller seller. Is there a risk of getting a clone remote?
(2016-12-02, 00:07)AshG Wrote:

Thanks

Using the keymaps on the 1st page, its works fine for me using rpi2 and LE...therr are a number of different versions of this remote though....

does the airmouse option turn itself on? That's a problem I see a lot of people complaining about.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7