• 24(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
snowjim Wrote:Scrape Media is also grayd in my version (v1.3 rev2) in the TV Show tab but in Movies it is enabled.

I have however never used that button, I have always used right click and then (re)scrape, even with multiselections.

Im however not clear on how to update episodes? It is not obvious that there is new episodes if I not manually drill down to find them and to screap I will have to use the right menu on the seasion.

It would be nice if Ember could state that there is new episodes that needs scraping and that the global scrape button was enabled for this. Another better solution might be to auto scrape episodes for TV shows that is allready known(and locked).

The weird thing is looking at the version of code I've been working from that has always been disabled. I'm wondering if at some point on the 1.2 release it got disabled for a reason, but enabling it doesn't do much at this moment so it looks like currently its reasons unknown.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
Hi

Does anybody know, where I can find the german translation for Ember, or where I can register for the Addons Manager?

Thanks, Triamlipdho
TeKo Wrote:Dont know what you mean.

If you question is: if XBMC reads the data you scraped with Ember then Yes.

I mean other scrapers than imdb, there are a lot of people outside USA, with scrapers for their country:

for example I use filmweb scraper which scrape movie description, genre etc from filmweb.pl

I've uploaded an experimental version of Ember to get some opinions for folks, if you like to try out the cutting edge and provide me some feedback I more than welcome it.

The big change is the way I scrape the images for fanart and posters. After delving into the code and also seeing how some folks were having some issues I realized that Ember was downloading all the images it found then displaying them. This is why it was quite slow on certain movies that have lots of posters and fanart. For the posters side, I just download the images to display in the dialog to pick, if you wish to download a larger version, selecting and saving it works a charm, previewing also seems to work well. This should also improve performance on lower memory machines etc.

For fanart, its more influx because of the way fanart differs. However I've taken an approach similar to posters. Instead of downloading all the large 1920x1024 images, I download the smallest and organize the images, if you want to download a larger image you can, now currently I'm not sure if checking multiple fanarts will work, I'm guessing it will, but at what size I'm not sure. I tend to stick with one fanart.

As you can see this is much different than before, please report any issues, bugs, glitches, complaints, praises etc.

You can as always get this version at the project site, its marked as 1.3.0.3-Experimental, since its not a version I want to treat as the final 1.3.0.3 but wanted feedback from you all.
Thanks
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

@castortray: You can add XML scrapers.

@Triamlipdho: I dont think the addon section is working right now.

Dont know if there is an german translation for ember, german scraper is build in with OFDB.

If you have other question you can pm me in german.
TeKo Wrote:You can add XML scrapers.

I dont think the addon section is working right now.

Dont know if there is an german translation for ember, german scraper is build in with OFDB.

If you have other question you can pm me in german.

Well the addons work, but I don't think there are any outside of the official version with maybe the exception of rogues scraper.

I think he meant the Addon Browser and I thought that the Server is down.

EDIT: New zip seems broken to me, cant unzip it.
bodrick Wrote:The weird thing is looking at the version of code I've been working from that has always been disabled. I'm wondering if at some point on the 1.2 release it got disabled for a reason, but enabling it doesn't do much at this moment so it looks like currently its reasons unknown.

Thanks for looking in to it! That is weird, I know I was using it to scrape my TVshows up until yesterday, but if multiselecting works to scrape all the my shows at once thats fine.

Great Job keeping Ember going!!
LivingRoom:ASUS EeeBox EB1021|Harmony900 Remote|Samsung 55" 3D LCD|AMD Dual-Core 1.6GHz RAM 2GB |Windows7|XBMC Frodo|ÆON MQ3
Bedroom:Pivos XIOS|Harmony650 Remote|Sony 42" Bravia|Linux port|XBMC Frodo
KidsPlayroom:Pivos XIOS| XIOS Remote |Toshiba 42"(w/ a nice big WII remote crack)|Linux port|XBMC Frodo
MediaStorage:DNS-325 NAS|3TB
bodrick Wrote:So I'm a little confused, and maybe its a setup issue, but i dug around today trying to resolve the trailer issue. Once I figured out how to enable the downloading of trailers it worked fine for me. I'm guessing that its possible that configuration wise it might not be enabled.

When editing a movie, is the little plus by the trailer url enabled or disabled, I'm guessing if its disabled, you need to enable trailer support under settings.

To do this go to settings, then the movies section. Under the Scrapers - Images and Trailers section make sure that Enable Trailer support is checked. Then under the section for the Ember Native Movie Scraper, make sure Trailer support is checked there and select from the respective trailer sites, warning AllHTPC is defunct and does not work ,I'm working on removing that option from the next release.

Once these have been done you should be able to download trailers using the green + on the edit movie section. I'm also assuming (I don't worry about trailers) that this will scrape them too if you have checked the required boxes.

Trailers work if you scrape the movies individually. Try scraping using batch and the trailers won't download.
bodrick Wrote:Under the settings for Ember, go to the TV Shows Section and select the File and Sources entry. Then verify that for file naming section you have the correct files selected. I believe by default Ember doesn't have these setup correctly to reflect closely with XBMC or at least from my experience it wasn't quite the way I wanted it. Anyway verify there that the correct files are selected, if they are then something else is going on and I'll have to dig further.

These issues are mostly viewed when looking at the movie section, but yes the options for file saves are correctly selected.
seth.feinberg Wrote:After I put in these changes and save it NEVER sorts the way I want.

Do you mean its not sorted in Ember or in XBMC?
At least in XBMC this should work fine if you remember to refresh each movie you set a SortedTitle on.
XBMC doesn't notice changes in the nfo files if you don't to a "Refresh" with the specific movie.

But be reminded: XBMX database refresh doesn't work! It ignores changes on movie that are already in the database. Therefore you HAVE to refresh each changed movie individually if they were stored in the XBMC database before the change to SortedTitle.
Silkdog569 Wrote:This just adds in the Set name but you can not set the order you want the movies to list as.

As I have read in another Ember thread somewhere (a it proved to be true):

The sorting IN the set can only be changed by the use of the "SortTitle" field in Ember. So if you create a set for the "Planet of the Apes" movies you have to provide fitting "SortTitles" for them. They don't have to be specific for the movies, as long as they result in the correct alphabetical order.
Therefore you could give the first movie the SortTitle "Apes A", the second "Apes B" and so on...

And keep in mind: Every movie needs to be updated individually in XBMC if it was already in the database before you changed the SortTitle!
this manager is awesome, reminds me of the linux version of EMDB

i haven't had time to play around too much, but are there additional templates for exporting? and can you export to HTML?

also, i added all of my media, however, i added my genre folders separately (i have my folder structure as: E:/Movies/[my designated genre]/movie.avi), is there a way to view just one of the source folders at a time? ie i only want to list the movies i have in my "Family" genre folder so i can manually change the genre's to Family.
grumbler Wrote:As I have read in another Ember thread somewhere (a it proved to be true):

The sorting IN the set can only be changed by the use of the "SortTitle" field in Ember. So if you create a set for the "Planet of the Apes" movies you have to provide fitting "SortTitles" for them. They don't have to be specific for the movies, as long as they result in the correct alphabetical order.
Therefore you could give the first movie the SortTitle "Apes A", the second "Apes B" and so on...

And keep in mind: Every movie needs to be updated individually in XBMC if it was already in the database before you changed the SortTitle!
how do you go about updating them individually?

after i ran ember on my entire library, i removed all movies from the xbmc library, then ran the scan. it seems to have grabbed the info from the internet again and not from the info in ember.
grumbler Wrote:Do you mean its not sorted in Ember or in XBMC?
At least in XBMC this should work fine if you remember to refresh each movie you set a SortedTitle on.
XBMC doesn't notice changes in the nfo files if you don't to a "Refresh" with the specific movie.

But be reminded: XBMX database refresh doesn't work! It ignores changes on movie that are already in the database. Therefore you HAVE to refresh each changed movie individually if they were stored in the XBMC database before the change to SortedTitle.

Thanks @grumbler, i really shouldn't have included that SortTitle part since someone else had suggested your solution. I will def test to refresh each movie individually, but don't understand why EMM doesn't sort its display window by SortTitle, but that's a pretty nitpicky detail.

But this really doesn't address my larger issue which is that EMM is not recognizing files that are clearly located in the appropriate movies' folder...
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26