• 26(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2020-03-20, 18:59)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-03-20, 18:20)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Banner view matches? nothing / nothing

It's already been explained to you...
"The banner is meant as a showcase of a single item"

Your posts are very disrespectful to the guy who's spending countless hours developing this skin for all our benefit, if he doesn't want to add what you want then just deal with it or fork the skin and make your own modifications. 
Disrespectful? I'm not discrediting his work.. Just trying to follow the logic.
(2020-03-20, 10:17)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-20, 10:03)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2020-03-20, 05:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: It's about consistency with the library viewtypes.
Submenu view matches Base Folder view in library.
Square view matches albums / addons view in library
Landscape view matches episodes / artists view in library
Poster view matches movies / tvshows view in library

I understand the desire to have additional widgets with no text and I've definitely been considering how I might implement some additional styles. The problem is that I want to maintain consistency of vertical height in the widgets. I simply think that landscape widgets look too large with only three per row.

It's a shame that there isn't a standard artwork type with a different aspect like 4:3, as I think that could actually look quite good (i.e. same as landscape is now with 4 items but a full height artwork).

It's not a matter of just enabling some switch to "turn it on" and have the old version. The underlying code has changed significantly in many parts. I'm not interested in providing custom bespoke code for people - it's a complete waste of my time. 

Maybe I'm missing something. If landscape is too large with 3 items per row, how is banner any better with only 1 item per row? "Custom bespoke code"? Someone else has already asked about it and I doubt we're the last.. 

You literally said " If theres a file I can modify to add large landscape back, please lmk, I'm more than happy to do that". Which basically means "please code this for me and I'll copy paste it" -- I am simply not interested in making custom mods for people.

I don't like the look of the landscape items being that large - that is my preference. Banner widget serves a completely different purpose to landscape widgets - which is why banner autoscrolls and other widgets don't. The banner is meant as a showcase of a single item - landscape is intended for displaying episodes.

I don't care if some people want a feature. I've constantly said in this thread that my reason for creating Arctic Horizon is that with AZ2 I tried to accommodate too many requests from users and it ended up as this horrible frankenstein skin that started to lack a clear design. So much of this thread has been dedicated to this exact point. I'm happy to take requests with clearly laid out rationales but people also have to accept that I'm going to reject some ideas, particularly if they are just rehashes of AZ2 -- If I removed it, I removed it for a reason.

If you prefer AZ2 then use AZ2... it's not that difficult. 

+1
completely agree!
Please, follow your idea of providing a beautiful, clean, clear and fast skin. AH Is simply FANTASTIC! No need of extra unnecessary feature.

Thank you again for sharing your amazing work.

A+
(2020-03-20, 18:20)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2020-03-20, 10:03)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something. If landscape is too large with 3 items per row, how is banner any better with only 1 item per row? "Custom bespoke code"? Someone else has already asked about it and I doubt we're the last.. 

You literally said " If theres a file I can modify to add large landscape back, please lmk, I'm more than happy to do that". Which basically means "please code this for me and I'll copy paste it" -- I am simply not interested in making custom mods for people.

I don't like the look of the landscape items being that large - that is my preference. Banner widget serves a completely different purpose to landscape widgets - which is why banner autoscrolls and other widgets don't. The banner is meant as a showcase of a single item - landscape is intended for displaying episodes.

I don't care if some people want a feature. I've constantly said in this thread that my reason for creating Arctic Horizon is that with AZ2 I tried to accommodate too many requests from users and it ended up as this horrible frankenstein skin that started to lack a clear design. So much of this thread has been dedicated to this exact point. I'm happy to take requests with clearly laid out rationales but people also have to accept that I'm going to reject some ideas, particularly if they are just rehashes of AZ2 -- If I removed it, I removed it for a reason.

I 100% prefer AH, it's just one widget on the home screen.

As far as "clearly laid rationales" You said,

"It's about consistency with the library viewtypes.
Poster view matches movies / tvshows view in library"
Banner view matches? nothing / nothing

How is this hard to understand?

There are five main aspect types for artwork: square (1:1), poster (~2:3), landscape (16:9), banner (10:1.85), and icon (transparent space). In the skin I want items of each aspect to be presented consistently across the *whole* skin - i.e. there is only one style per aspect type.

Landscape aspect items should look the same whether it is a home widget, in the library, or in the info dialog. I only use banner aspect in one part of the skin (widgets). If I was to use banner elsewhere, it should have the same style as it does in the widgets.

If I don't have design guidelines like these, then the skin will no longer have a consistent visual identity.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@jurialmunkey 

Posting bugs or feature requests on Github is so much easier for you to manage and great for Arctic horizon fans to keep track on what's going on Smile  

Personally I think all bugs and feature requests should strictly only be reported on GitHub. And general question Here.
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2020-03-20, 10:03)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2020-03-20, 05:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: It's about consistency with the library viewtypes.
Poster view matches movies / tvshows view in library

I understand the desire to have additional widgets with no text and I've definitely been considering how I might implement some additional styles. The problem is that I want to maintain consistency of vertical height in the widgets. I simply think that landscape widgets look too large with only three per row.

It's a shame that there isn't a standard artwork type with a different aspect like 4:3, as I think that could actually look quite good (i.e. same as landscape is now with 4 items but a full height artwork).

It's not a matter of just enabling some switch to "turn it on" and have the old version. The underlying code has changed significantly in many parts. I'm not interested in providing custom bespoke code for people - it's a complete waste of my time. 

Maybe I'm missing something. If landscape is too large with 3 items per row, how is banner any better with only 1 item per row? "Custom bespoke code"? Someone else has already asked about it and I doubt we're the last.. 

design for yourself if they don't like it tell them your stuff off
(2020-03-21, 01:46)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Posting bugs or feature requests on Github is so much easier for you to manage and great for Arctic horizon fans to keep track on what's going on Smile  

Personally I think all bugs and feature requests should strictly only be reported on GitHub. And general question Here.

Agreed. This forum should be for general questions and discussion. Specific bug reports and feature requests are much easier to corral if they're mainly on GitHub.
(2020-03-21, 02:01)drinfernoo Wrote:

Agreed. This forum should be for general questions and discussion. Specific bug reports and feature requests are much easier to corral if they're mainly on GitHub. 
Wink
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
@jurialmunkey 

Arctic Horizon is coming along nicely. I love the simplicity. stick to your rules on how you want it to look when it's finished  Wink

Yes, that's definitely my preference - especially for bugs. Much much easier to keep track of the discussions, particularly if it's something that's not a quick fix. It also doubles as my todo list - and I'll often post an issue myself just to help me remember and keep track of what needs work.
I just wanted to say:

Simply awesome work. It's taking a bit of getting used to the differences in navigation, but the skin feels fluid and cohesive, which is just great. I'm finding it really fun to adapt the "normal" setup that I've used in the past to this "constrained" set of views, and really liking it.

Great job Smile
https://imgur.com/GlWzwMF

A Lil annoying issue I noticed. As u see in the pic, When I scrape for an TV episode I get the list but on the top left corner it's still loading, it keeps on spinning without stopping and it doesn't let me choose the links.. If I click back it kicks me out that view. I tried a few times and I get the same result all the times.. Why is this happening?
(2020-03-21, 07:52)Japangelo Wrote: https://imgur.com/GlWzwMF

A Lil annoying issue I noticed. As u see in the pic, When I scrape for an TV episode I get the list but on the top left corner it's still loading, it keeps on spinning without stopping and it doesn't let me choose the links.. If I click back it kicks me out that view. I tried a few times and I get the same result all the times.. Why is this happening?

Sorry disregard this post. Now it's working fine 😉
@Japangelo - Just a word of caution that asking for support related to piracy addons is not permitted on this forum.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_ru...acy_Policy
(2020-03-21, 10:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Japangelo - Just a word of caution that asking for support related to piracy addons is not permitted on this forum.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_ru...acy_Policy

I'm so sorry.. I was trying to delete my post but couldn't find the option anywhere on here
I tried many, many skins and this one I really like. What a great job you did here.
It's fast, easy, clean, simple and gives me everything I need. Thanks a lot.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7