Kids Section
I will try to fix the page now, I think the only one that needs replacing is the lisa simpson one, as the crook of the arm is solid white
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:the actual image is fine I think, the page is cropping off the right hand of the image, if you open the image in its own page they are fine

Ah, sure, I see that now. Sorry, they do in fact look good. My apologies. Nod
Page should be fixed now (i'd fixed it on the pending page already, didn't really think about any other pages)
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Ok, I have screenshots now of a working view. Still need to work out a kink to get the logo to be the fallback. I've posted the issue in another thread.

But anyway...here it is.

Home Screen Access: Opens a playlist of TV Shows with the genre 'Children'

Character View:

To learn more, click here.
I see that the fallback is the logo. Wouldnt clearart bebetter then logo. Alotof times clearart has a character there. Like blues clues.

Great. Job igotdvds. When u going to release to your svn so i can get it working for my kids.

Also how are movies going to be handled? Anything specific for kids.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:I see that the fallback is the logo. Wouldnt clearart bebetter then logo. Alotof times clearart has a character there. Like blues clues.

Great. Job igotdvds. When u going to release to your svn so i can get it working for my kids.

Also how are movies going to be handled? Anything specific for kids.

I hadnt planned on movies but I guess its possible. Clearart could be used BUT we cant use any fallback at the moment due to an issue with it being in a list.

See here. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108072

As far as releasing it, I need to do some episode views first. I'm trying to figure out how to make it easy for kids to pick seasons and episodes. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
igotdvds Wrote:I hadnt planned on movies but I guess its possible. Clearart could be used BUT we cant use any fallback at the moment due to an issue with it being in a list.

See here. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108072

As far as releasing it, I need to do some episode views first. I'm trying to figure out how to make it easy for kids to pick seasons and episodes. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Probaby the best wayto show season wouldbe with a big number 1,2,3,etc.. something fun then episode thumbnail/fanart for episodes below. I know my girls look at the episodes fanart to make their selection since they cant read yet.
Added a fallback image.

cant wait for this to be released.
Finished the Season view:

Finished Episode view:

What does the new characterART file need to be named for a skin to use it?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
character.png I believe.
Sranshaft Wrote:character.png I believe.

Can anyone confirm this that's working on the skins?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
ghostelement Wrote:Can anyone confirm this that's working on the skins?

This is a new feature so i doubt many skins support it already.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kids Section0