Req Original Air Date, Folder Thumbnails
Can you post your settings.XML file, I dont seem to have one in that location
Is there something you have to enable in the settings of the titan skin? Also what version of the titan skin are you using
This might be a good starting point. https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk.../README.md
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
This is the full contents of my settings.xml on my openelec systems it's located in userdata\addon_data\skript.skin.helper.service\
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="cacheGuideEntries" value="true" />
    <setting id="cacheRecordings" value="true" />
    <setting id="customlookuppath" value="" />
    <setting id="directory_structure" value="" />
    <setting id="downloadMusicArt" value="false" />
    <setting id="enableDebugLog" value="true" />
    <setting id="enableLocalMusicArtLookup" value="true" />
    <setting id="enableMusicArtScraper" value="true" />
    <setting id="enablePVRThumbsRecordingsOnly" value="true" />
    <setting id="enablewallbackgrounds" value="false" />
    <setting id="ignorechannels" value="" />
    <setting id="ignoretitles" value="" />
    <setting id="maxNumFanArts" value="10" />
    <setting id="preferBWwallbackgrounds" value="false" />
    <setting id="pvrthumbspath" value="special://profile/addon_data/script.skin.helper.service/pvrthumbs/" />
    <setting id="reuseWallBackgrounds" value="true" />
    <setting id="splittitlechar" value="" />
    <setting id="stripwords" value=":;(1);(2);(3);(4);(5);(6);(7);(8);(9);(10);(11);(12);(13);(14);(15);(16);(17);(18);(19);(20);(21);(22);(23);(24);(25);(26);(27);(28);(29);(30);(31);(32);(33);(34);(35);(36);(37);(38);(39);(40);(41);(42);(43);(44);(45);(46);(47);(48);(49);(50);(51);(52);(53);(54);(55);(56);(57);(58);(59);(60);(61);(62);(63);(64);(65);(66);(67);(68);(69);(70);(71);(72);(73);(74);(75);(76);(77);(78);(79);(80);(81);(82);(83);(84);(85);(86);(87);(88);(89);(90);(91);(92);(93);(94);(95);(96);(97);(98);(99);(R)" />
    <setting id="useFanArtTv" value="true" />
    <setting id="useGoogleLookups" value="true" />
    <setting id="useLocalLibraryLookups" value="true" />
    <setting id="useTMDBLookups" value="true" />
    <setting id="useYoutubeLookups" value="false" />
</settings>

The stripwords item is telling it to strip the appended episode count, otherwise when you have it configured to group the shows it would search for "NCIS (9)" rather than "NCIS". I edited the xml directly once I tested and found it did what I had hoped. As long as I don't go over 99 episodes of one show, the artwork lookup should use the correct show title. The ® is for re-runs (because I have the option set in server wmc to append ® to re-runs), however the actual episode artwork is hit or miss, I haven't played with it enough, and haven't figured out how to get it consistent.
(2016-01-19, 18:35)w84no1 Wrote: This might be a good starting point. https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk.../README.md
I saw that file, however I was unfortunately unable to decipher any appreciable meaning on how to implement. I was hoping someone with more skinning experience may be able to help shed some light.
(2016-01-20, 23:40)Pack3tL0ss Wrote: This is the full contents of my settings.xml on my openelec systems it's located in userdata\addon_data\skript.skin.helper.service\
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="cacheGuideEntries" value="true" />
    <setting id="cacheRecordings" value="true" />
    <setting id="customlookuppath" value="" />
    <setting id="directory_structure" value="" />
    <setting id="downloadMusicArt" value="false" />
    <setting id="enableDebugLog" value="true" />
    <setting id="enableLocalMusicArtLookup" value="true" />
    <setting id="enableMusicArtScraper" value="true" />
    <setting id="enablePVRThumbsRecordingsOnly" value="true" />
    <setting id="enablewallbackgrounds" value="false" />
    <setting id="ignorechannels" value="" />
    <setting id="ignoretitles" value="" />
    <setting id="maxNumFanArts" value="10" />
    <setting id="preferBWwallbackgrounds" value="false" />
    <setting id="pvrthumbspath" value="special://profile/addon_data/script.skin.helper.service/pvrthumbs/" />
    <setting id="reuseWallBackgrounds" value="true" />
    <setting id="splittitlechar" value="" />
    <setting id="stripwords" value=":;(1);(2);(3);(4);(5);(6);(7);(8);(9);(10);(11);(12);(13);(14);(15);(16);(17);(18);(19);(20);(21);(22);(23);(24);(25);(26);(27);(28);(29);(30);(31);(32);(33);(34);(35);(36);(37);(38);(39);(40);(41);(42);(43);(44);(45);(46);(47);(48);(49);(50);(51);(52);(53);(54);(55);(56);(57);(58);(59);(60);(61);(62);(63);(64);(65);(66);(67);(68);(69);(70);(71);(72);(73);(74);(75);(76);(77);(78);(79);(80);(81);(82);(83);(84);(85);(86);(87);(88);(89);(90);(91);(92);(93);(94);(95);(96);(97);(98);(99);(R)" />
    <setting id="useFanArtTv" value="true" />
    <setting id="useGoogleLookups" value="true" />
    <setting id="useLocalLibraryLookups" value="true" />
    <setting id="useTMDBLookups" value="true" />
    <setting id="useYoutubeLookups" value="false" />
</settings>

The stripwords item is telling it to strip the appended episode count, otherwise when you have it configured to group the shows it would search for "NCIS (9)" rather than "NCIS". I edited the xml directly once I tested and found it did what I had hoped. As long as I don't go over 99 episodes of one show, the artwork lookup should use the correct show title. The ® is for re-runs (because I have the option set in server wmc to append ® to re-runs), however the actual episode artwork is hit or miss, I haven't played with it enough, and haven't figured out how to get it consistent.
Thanks for this!
Is the "Original Air-Date" only prepended to description, when the program is a repeat? It seems to be the case. If so, can we have an option in server-wmc to always add the original-air-date. For some channels and certain shows, the EPG data in WMC doesn't always have the rebroadcast tag, which then results in missing 'original-air-date'.

Also, how does KODI get the file date for the WMC recordings? Does server-wmc pass in the UNC/SMB filename, and the date is figured out by the file attributes within KODI, or is the date passed as another parameter along with the filename? If it's the latter, can there be a setting in serverwmc to pass original-air-date instead of actual wtv recording date?

Thanks
Kodi gets all of the dates from serverwmc and you are right that original air date is only appended when the show is a repeat. If the show is not a repeat, then isn't the original air date the same as the recorded date? I will have to check if original air date is filled out in the guide if the show is not tagged as a repeat.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Yes, the original air date is there, even when the rebroadcast tag isn't present. It'd be good to have this info prepended to description in all cases, based on a serverwmc setting.

For the second point, if serverwmc is passing all dates to Kodi pvr-plugin, then it'd be a great addition to send original air dates instead of recording dates, again based on a setting selection. This way we'll be able to sort the recordings based on original air date, without needing any additional changes from Kodi. In such cases, we can then have the recording date added somewhere in file-name, or description.

Thanks for the response!
(2016-01-27, 19:44)NomanA Wrote: Yes, the original air date is there, even when the rebroadcast tag isn't present. It'd be good to have this info prepended to description in all cases, based on a serverwmc setting.

For the second point, if serverwmc is passing all dates to Kodi pvr-plugin, then it'd be a great addition to send original air dates instead of recording dates, again based on a setting selection. This way we'll be able to sort the recordings based on original air date, without needing any additional changes from Kodi. In such cases, we can then have the recording date added somewhere in file-name, or description.

Thanks for the response!
I like that idea!
Sure, we should be able to do both. Look for it in the next preview.
What do you guys want me to do with Movies?
Hmm not sure on his that should be handled. Whether you ignore them out append.

Anyone have any thoughts on how that should be handled?
Thanks again KrustyReturns for looking into this feature addition. It'd help a lot. It's basically the only thing I miss from my WMC Windows8 setup.

The need for sorting through original-air-date largely applies to TV shows. That's when you hear a good thing about a TV series and jump in the middle recording both reruns and new episodes, and want to see the show in the broadcast order. For movies, I'd say it really doesn't matter to me either way, and the original-air-date in description is enough.
I just released a preview (1228) that adds this. See the change log to see how to use it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Original Air Date, Folder Thumbnails0