• 32(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2013-04-30, 17:14)twinther Wrote: ah yes, I store the date of the last refresh in the database and only check the modification time of xmltv file once a day.
It might be a pretty big hit in performance to change this. You can give it a try though.
Delete lines 275 to 298 both included in source.py inside the script.tvguide folder and it will check the xmltv file everytime the EPG is redrawn.
https://github.com/twinther/script.tvgui...ce.py#L275

XBMC chooses the skin for you, that's how it's built into XBMC.
If you fx use Aeon Nox the TV Guide will match the design of the main skin

Br.
Tommy

This does not work. It reads ok, but every time the 2nd page is redrawn, scroll down etc, I get a fatal addon error, and submit a report.

I put back 275 to 298 and it works as you intended.

How about a 'Force load on next run' in the config? Smile

That would be easy to use and only force a new load if you know what you are doing...
(2013-04-30, 19:15)polarkreis Wrote: I will donate if there will be option to change between channels (streams .strm) just by one click Smile Like P+/P- on TV Set Tongue you have my word Smile
This is actually already possible (unless I broke it somehow) :-)
OSD support must be enabled in the settings and once you view a stream you can change the channel with channel up / down on your remote.
You can also use the menu button and the navigation buttons to bring up the OSD with info on the current program, etc. and navigate to the next program like on any other settop box.

(2013-04-30, 23:16)umonkey Wrote: Great addon but am I the only person who is unable to use stream from the addon section (filmon) as well as stream from .strm file. So I have alternative method selected in setting and the filmon stream work fine but when I add a .strm stream it wont load all I get is a black screen for a second then back to channel list. I know the stream work because if I uncheck use alternative method the stream works but obviously the filmon steeam doesn't. Any body help with this?
Thanks
well I believe the problem is with the filmon addon. It tells XBMC to play the stream the wrong way for this type of addon, which is why the TV Guide has problems using it.
The specific problem is that the filmon addon uses the Player class insted of using the "setResolvedUrl" method, which is correct for plugin.video type addons in my opinion (and I believe team xbmc's opinion as well).

(2013-05-02, 17:30)philhu Wrote: This does not work. It reads ok, but every time the 2nd page is redrawn, scroll down etc, I get a fatal addon error, and submit a report.

I put back 275 to 298 and it works as you intended.

How about a 'Force load on next run' in the config? Smile

That would be easy to use and only force a new load if you know what you are doing...

I'm thinking about adding an option to choose how often to check the source xmltv file for changes. something like daily, hourly, always
That would probably solve your problem.

Br.
Tommy
I'll do some tests and try to make it work for the next version.Image
(2013-05-03, 13:15)twinther Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 19:15)polarkreis Wrote: I will donate if there will be option to change between channels (streams .strm) just by one click Smile Like P+/P- on TV Set Tongue you have my word Smile
This is actually already possible (unless I broke it somehow) :-)
OSD support must be enabled in the settings and once you view a stream you can change the channel with channel up / down on your remote.
You can also use the menu button and the navigation buttons to bring up the OSD with info on the current program, etc. and navigate to the next program like on any other settop box.

OK, I will give it a try. Unfortunately now I have to wait for my new remote (I will use standart TV remote, IR Reciver connected to RasPi GPIO - will it work with this also?) Sad Is there any way to test it in XBMC on Mac? What keys should I press (on keyboard) to bring OSD or change 'channel'?

The setting should look like this http://i.imgur.com/pi3yJAu.png or I have to check "alternate streaming method"? (Remember I'm not using tuner, only internet streams)
I am on a raspberry PI, and I cannot get OSD unless I hit the BACK ARROW button, which puts up behind the live tv, the little tuner name/time. If that is up, then I can hit menu to see the OSD.

Re: xmltv.xml updating. Your addon shouldnt be deciding when to update. It should check if it needs to update. IE, check the creation date/time of xmltv.xml. If the last time you updated was before the current create date of the file, do the update. There shouldn't be too much of a hit looking at a files create date.

Then, if someone, for example, runs their xmltv.xml file updater every 3 days, you would only update every 3 days

Also, while on the subject. Is it possible to put in a cmd line hook I can call the update function from command line? I'd love to do an xmltv.xml update ate 3am, then tell your add-on to update its db, while everyone sleeps! Smile
Ah, yes, the OSD menu requires the video to be played in "windowed" mode, so the skin is still visible. I think I read somewhere that the Pi doesn't support windowed mode.

I agree with the updating of xmltv files, but not all the sources the TV Guide supports has a modification timestamp. I'll see what I can do though.

It's not easy to update the db outside of xbmc, because you would have to manually input where the source.db file is stored.
If you know Python it should be fairly easy to make a version of service.py that works outside of xbmc for a specific machine I think.

Br.
Tommy
(2013-05-03, 16:32)twinther Wrote: I agree with the updating of xmltv files, but not all the sources the TV Guide supports has a modification timestamp. I'll see what I can do though.

Cool, can't ask for more!

Quote:It's not easy to update the db outside of xbmc, because you would have to manually input where the source.db file is stored.
If you know Python it should be fairly easy to make a version of service.py that works outside of xbmc for a specific machine I think.

I am envisioning a python script that can be called with the source db as a command line argument, like:

./TVGuideUpdateFromXMLTVData /location/of/xmltv.xml /location/of/source.db

I'll look at it, but my Python skills are really rusty (did some coding of Python in 2001 (eeeks!)
I have uploaded a test version (v2.0.3) to my beta repository that changes how XMLTV files are loaded.
Can you give it a try: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/

I was also thinking about the command line update, but it's going to be a problem, because I use XBMC's VFS to load the xml file.
If you have XBMC running 24/7 you may be able to invoke the script inside XBMC somehow using the built in command (or similar).
"RunScript(script://script.tvguide/service.py)"
I'm not sure about the exact syntax of the command though.
Hmmmm...ok. I'll look tonight.

I'll think about the script thing too. Running as a script in xbmc is like running it from xbmc. There is no automation I can see to kick it off overnight.
I have been woeking on this issue on Raspberry also. Because of weak processor on Rpi I modified the service.py script, so that it can be run on PC. I created batch script which does
1. Reads epg from web to xmltv.xml
2. Imports xmltv into source.db
3. Copy this file to RPi.
But TvGuide still imports xmltv. Am I doing something wrong?
(2013-05-03, 15:02)polarkreis Wrote: What keys should I press (on keyboard) to bring OSD or change 'channel'?
That would be a simple up or down arrow IIRC. If I am wrong - try left/right bracket: [ ]
It works for me - also with internet streams.
(2013-05-06, 21:09)StefanK Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 15:02)polarkreis Wrote: What keys should I press (on keyboard) to bring OSD or change 'channel'?
That would be a simple up or down arrow IIRC. If I am wrong - try left/right bracket: [ ]
It works for me - also with internet streams.

None of this works :/ XBMC is just trying to move stream forward/backward by some seconds Sad (Ahh, ME SPEAK ENGLISH)

==============

OK, so i got my new IR remote, but:
KEY_CHANNELUP - error "can't find next item to play"
KEY_CHANNELDOWN - is trying to go back 3s

any other UP, RIGHT etc don't work neither... Sad
Hi everyone,
Am new to xbmc and tv guide, I was wondering if someone could make a xmltv file with just the UK channels found on notfilmon or filmon, a simple request by a nob Wink
I have tried in vein to do one with a mac, but mess it up time and time again.
Great forum by the way.
Many thanks
Hi, I appear to have broken something. Can anybody help me please. I am getting the following error on startup and when trying to run the addon.

15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 145, in eventLoop
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: result = command(*event[2:])
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 311, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: if not self._isCacheExpired(date):
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 300, in _isCacheExpired
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: return self.source.isUpdated(channelsLastUpdated, programsLastUpdated)
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 833, in isUpdated
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: return fileUpdated > channelsLastUpdated
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: TypeError: can't compare datetime.datetime to NoneType

Or the full logs are here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18907

I have tried a reinstall including deleting all Appdata but nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2013-05-14, 11:12)OldTerrier Wrote: Hi, I appear to have broken something. Can anybody help me please. I am getting the following error on startup and when trying to run the addon.

15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 145, in eventLoop
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: result = command(*event[2:])
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 311, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: if not self._isCacheExpired(date):
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 300, in _isCacheExpired
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: return self.source.isUpdated(channelsLastUpdated, programsLastUpdated)
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 833, in isUpdated
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: return fileUpdated > channelsLastUpdated
15:51:55 T:9144 ERROR: TypeError: can't compare datetime.datetime to NoneType

Or the full logs are here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18907

I have tried a reinstall including deleting all Appdata but nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Funny, I got the same error yesterday too. Deleting ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.tvguide/source.db got rid of the error.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11