• 33(current)
Release [beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released
I use the classic homescreen. Not keen on the view above posted by qzem!
(2014-07-11, 09:37)GrantXP Wrote: I use the classic homescreen. Not keen on the view above posted by qzem!

Was the exclamation mark realy necessary Tongue? Well at the end it is sualfred's decision. But I belive that this type of home screen is somehow uniqe compared to other skins. It was the first thing that got me to use it. But there is room for improvement I guess Smile.
No need to worry, I will keep it Wink
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Great Skin, reFocus is one of my favorite skins, reFred is reFocus at its best - and much better than the offical reFocus-skin found at the xbmc repo ! Hope to see it soon there !

Some wishes / hints:

where is rss feed ?
classic menu shouldn't be revolving
more decent fonts (less "boldish")
modifiable positions of home menu entries
(using blue-green) more decent, more to the theme appropriate backgrounds for menu entries (for example shutdown menu backgrounds are black)

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Hey guys, I know we're a little backwards here in Australia, but I noticed the weather icons are opposite - showing a moon during the day and a sun at night. Yes, the time is correct on my machine. Smile

At any rate, I'm not sure if this is related to the skin or not, but thought I'd point it out.
(2014-07-13, 20:55)LastCoder Wrote: Great Skin, reFocus is one of my favorite skins, reFred is reFocus at its best - and much better than the offical reFocus-skin found at the xbmc repo ! Hope to see it soon there !

Some wishes / hints:

where is rss feed ?
classic menu shouldn't be revolving
more decent fonts (less "boldish")
modifiable positions of home menu entries
(using blue-green) more decent, more to the theme appropriate backgrounds for menu entries (for example shutdown menu backgrounds are black)

Greetz

LCS
Thanks Smile

1. Ups, RSS is missing. Should add it Tongue
2. Nope, sorry. Won't change it to a fixed list. It will keep wrapping.
3. Nope.
4. Nearly done. A new version will be uplaoded soon. Just a few bugs left.
5. Dunno what u mean

(2014-07-14, 05:12)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hey guys, I know we're a little backwards here in Australia, but I noticed the weather icons are opposite - showing a moon during the day and a sun at night. Yes, the time is correct on my machine. Smile

At any rate, I'm not sure if this is related to the skin or not, but thought I'd point it out.

Err... strange. It is based on your location, which you have set in the weather plugin.

@all:
Just to give you a report what I'm doing atm. The upcoming version will have this features:

Added: Positioning of home menu items
Added: Unlimited custom home menu items
Added: Overwriting backgrounds (single/multi images) for each main menu item, even if a widget is displayed (eg own artwork downloader slideshow for movies instead of the focused widget item)
Added: Custom positioning of available widgets (eg: Latest Movies can be displayed on multiple home items)
Added: Up to 10 custom widget groups
Changed: Widgets will be displayed even if the "currently playing" widget is active (only in classic home menu)
Changed: Much more userfriendly menu management for menus/custom widgets
Changed: PVR recording schedule information widget will be displayed even no recording is scheduled.
Removed: Widgets are centered by default. The option to display it in the top of the screen is removed. Was forced to it, because of animation and positioning issues with some new features and conditional situations. Sry, you have to deal with it Wink (only in classic home menu)

Thanks @ Unfledged. Your great add-on burned hours of my vacation to implement it with all its possibilities Smile

ETA: Maybe today, tomorrow or in the next few days. Depends on my testing results.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
1.2.0-beta1 available on GitHub

- Please do a local backup of your skin!
- Maybe you have to delete your guisettings.xml! (a backup won't hurt)
- Please be sure to have the latest skinshortcuts add-on installed

Change log:
Added: Positioning of home menu items
Added: Unlimited custom home menu items
Added: Overwriting backgrounds (single/multi images) for each main menu item, even if a widget is displayed (eg own artwork downloader slideshow for movies instead of the focused widget item)
Added: Custom positioning of available widgets (eg: Latest Movies can be displayed on multiple home items)
Added: Up to 10 custom widget groups
Changed: Widgets will be displayed even if the "currently playing" widget is active (only in classic home menu)
Changed: Much more userfriendly menu management for menus/custom widgets
Changed: PVR recording schedule information widget will be displayed even no recording is scheduled.
Removed: Widgets are centered by default. The option to display it in the top of the screen is removed. Was forced to it, because of animation and positioning issues with some new features and conditional situations. Sry, you have to deal with it Wink (only in classic home menu)
Removed: Widget based fanart slideshow for the menu thumbs (WMC like home menu)

To all translators:
Because I'm a idiot, I had to change a lot of translation string IDs. Please check transiflex if your provided translations are correct. Had to reset the transiflex project .. sorry :-(
Wow very nice updates Sualfred!
Thanks, hopefully everything works as it should.
Working great so far!
watch gallery

One small thing, where can I edit to change how many items recent movies/tv shows widget lists? I would like to change it to 10 so that it doesn't scroll on main screen.
Thanks
I just installed the skin in Addons via the Zip file on the first page of this thread and applied the skin but when i went back out to main menu i get a blank screen like this]

@jdoo:
They are limited to 10.
Please update the latest version of the service data library provider:
https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra...a.provider

The limit function was added a few weeks ago. I assume you haven't updated yet Smile

@protocol77:
It seems that the script.skinshortcuts plugin have problems creating the menus. Do you have it installed?
If yes, please:
- Be sure you have the latest version (see the GitHub link in the first post in this thread)
- Delete the guisettings.xml. Windows user will find it in "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" for example
- If this didn't work please delete the addon data of the skinshortcuts addon. (Windows location: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts)
Ah I must have missed that update, it is working perfectly now Smile
Good to hear Smile
(2014-07-14, 19:13)protocol77 Wrote: I just installed the skin in Addons via the Zip file on the first page of this thread and applied the skin but when i went back out to main menu i get a blank screen like this

Further to sualfred's answer, it's most likely because you dont have script.skinshortcuts installed - the script would tell you if it was just having trouble building the menu.

If you're installing it manually from the link in the first post (e.g. extracting it to your add-on directory rather than installing via "Install from zip") you will also need to install script.module.unidecode (also linked in the first post).
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released22