• 37(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2016-03-25, 18:59)schweppy Wrote: Well using the standard play store version of Kodi I've tested out a few 4K files streamed from a Mac mini and all fine with DTS via optical. Can't test HD audio though.

Does anyone know why sonys inbuilt video player stretches all my videos and won't allow me to change aspect ratio?

And another non related question. What on earth does the blue flashing light at the bottom of the screen mean? Lights up the led below the Sony logo the same colour too.

Yes, you have the LED on shop mode I'd suggest. You can set it to only flash on a remote press

Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [TV]
[Illumination LED]
Customises the Illumination LED.
Ah ok thanks. But it was like an on screen blue semi circle the same colour that the LED was flashing? And i was watching a YouTube video.

I'm finding the Amazon prime app to be dire? No images and very poor to navigate?
Adjusted and created a few settings through the advancedsettings.xml and all is well with my kodi again. Soo thankful for this forum.
blue LED with on-screen illumination means remote access via app e.g. Sony Sideshow app (add. yellow means EPG actions such as program timer/recording set up, white is a general response to IR/BT remote control if configured in settings)

optical out or HDMI ARC by specification are not able to transfer any HD Audio
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Ah thanks good to know as have been googling for ages.

Is anyone using the Hue addon? It worked fine on my Mac but now seems to have issues running on the tv.
On another note, is there a way of viewing what frame rate the TV is displaying. Kodi's codec info for example is showing 23.976 but I'd like to know if the tv is switching to that or not??
(2016-03-26, 08:00)Gras1 Wrote: Adjusted and created a few settings through the advancedsettings.xml and all is well with my kodi again. Soo thankful for this forum.

Any chance you can share the xml file?
Interested to see the settings used Smile
The TV won't show display refresh rate/frame rate and as far as I know Android is still not able to display native 24p - I am not even sure if the Sony video player app allows refresh rate switching, the TV only will do 24p from external HDMI sources such as Blu-ray player or game console. amazon managed at least partial 24p/25p/30p video support with their current FireOS sticks but they won't allow apps to switch.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
(2016-03-28, 12:06)Hannes The Hun Wrote: The TV won't show display refresh rate/frame rate and as far as I know Android is still not able to display native 24p - I am not even sure if the Sony video player app allows refresh rate switching, the TV only will do 24p from external HDMI sources such as Blu-ray player or game console. amazon managed at least partial 24p/25p/30p video support with their current FireOS sticks but they won't allow apps to switch.

OK thanks.

Apologies but more questions. I notice that the Kodi official IOS remote app will only get HTTP connection and no TCP connection (yellow status icon). The Kodi Phillips Hue ambilight addon also doesn't work like it does on other devices and I'm wondering if these issues are linked.

Is there any sort of firewall or something that could be preventing communication?
(2016-03-28, 19:15)schweppy Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 12:06)Hannes The Hun Wrote: The TV won't show display refresh rate/frame rate and as far as I know Android is still not able to display native 24p - I am not even sure if the Sony video player app allows refresh rate switching, the TV only will do 24p from external HDMI sources such as Blu-ray player or game console. amazon managed at least partial 24p/25p/30p video support with their current FireOS sticks but they won't allow apps to switch.

OK thanks.

Apologies but more questions. I notice that the Kodi official IOS remote app will only get HTTP connection and no TCP connection (yellow status icon). The Kodi Phillips Hue ambilight addon also doesn't work like it does on other devices and I'm wondering if these issues are linked.

Is there any sort of firewall or something that could be preventing communication?

Issue is with the addon and Mediacodec (surface) as ambilight works if turned off but obviously poor video results without the hardware decode...
(2016-02-07, 19:11)Theetjuh Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 15:49)Talguy Wrote: How's everyone using the Sony remote that came with the TV to bring up the context menu?
Just hold the crosshair between the arrow keys for a sec or two, else you can always install the keymap editor addon and map buttons yourself.

I have the X810C, which comes with a regular ol IR remote and wanted to upgrade to the RMF-TX100U Touch Pad but the not context menu button is what stopped me. Does anyone have that remote (I believe it comes with the X850C) and can confirm if a long press on the touchpad bring up the context menu?

TIA
(2016-03-29, 01:03)pauloantonio Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 19:11)Theetjuh Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 15:49)Talguy Wrote: How's everyone using the Sony remote that came with the TV to bring up the context menu?
Just hold the crosshair between the arrow keys for a sec or two, else you can always install the keymap editor addon and map buttons yourself.

I have the X810C, which comes with a regular ol IR remote and wanted to upgrade to the RMF-TX100U Touch Pad but the not context menu button is what stopped me. Does anyone have that remote (I believe it comes with the X850C) and can confirm if a long press on the touchpad bring up the context menu?

TIA
The standard remote also works for bringing up the context menu by a long press of the ok button on Kodi 16.1. I only realised this after setting up the remote keymap add-on.

I have the touch pad remote too, never use it though. I've just tested for you and again, the long press of the centre touchpad area brings up the context menu.
(2016-01-07, 11:02)Summie2289 Wrote: Hello all,

First of all, great threat it helped me figure some weird stuff out on my Sony KDL-43W809C.
I now have a fully operational kodi setup and have sold my HTPC.

The last thing I havent got working 100% is lipsync audio. In all my movies(1080P, true HD with DTS) it works fine and I can't see any delay in spoken words and/or audio output. But in my lower quality tv shows (mostly HD720P with AC3 or DTS audio) I sometimes get lipsync errors, which is pretty anoying once you notice it.

My Kodi is configured with passthrough audio including DTS and my television is connected with HDMI ARC to my onkyo receiver.
When I watch live television or youtube (not with Kodi) I never notice these problems so I think the problem is within Kodi or the codecs used while playing the material.

Setup:

Sony KDL-43W809C
Onkyo TX-SR508
Kodi 16 beta 4

Does anyone experience the same problems or has a resolution for this?

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem, did you ever find a fix?
lip sync in my experience is some kind of hit-and-miss, at least with the digital out options (HDMI ARC, optical) and the respective app - or to be more specific, how the app accesses the Android TV audio stack. Sony cleaned this up a bit through various updates but there's still some instances where digital audio out will not be absolutely lip sync. funnily enough this actually can depend on the content played/audio format/container etc.
all of this stuff still is quite a mess. as Android comes from the Smartphone&Tablet world Google had to implement all the HDMI & digital audio/multichannel stuff by scratch and failed quite hard so far. I am still hoping for a major upgrade (Marshmallow...) that might finally fix this annoyance - among many others....
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hi all.
Do any Kodi Android coders follow this thread? I discovered something which probably is very interesting for Kodi's Android coders.

Common knowledge is that Mediatek (2015 Sony TV's) does not support MVC and therefore Kodi can't play back H.264 MVC (=3D) MKVs.

During my research Iearned that Sony is also the producer of 3D camcorders (HDR-TD10/20/30). These units use MVC format.
I found these short camcorder sample clips in 3D: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18211.page Post: 05/08/2011 14:16:48.

Kodi plays them back, but ignores the second eye.
But to my huge surprise they play back perfectly in 3D with Sony's internal player!!!

The format of these files: H.264/MVC Views: 2 - Profile: High - Resolution: 1920-1080i Frame rate: 25 - 3d-pg-pIanes: O
Contrary to usual bluray 3D MVKs which have the format H.264/MVC Views: 2 - 1080p @23,976 fps. These MVC MKVs (i.e. ripped with Makemkv) are also played back by the TV's internal player, but with lots of errors and pixelated.

Isn't the ability of the internal player to play back MVC files with 1080i @25fps perfectly prove that the TV's Mediatek chipset can decode and handle MVC already?
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8