• 38(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2020-03-27, 11:00)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 10:47)NotYourAverageAl Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 10:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: What do you mean. The main library view is a poster view...      
Oops meant viewtype. In the default viewtype, you can only scroll through the library sideways; how are people getting around a huge library?

Pressing Down should give you a scrollbar, at least it does in Composite Plex addon. From here it scrolls quite quickly, the only real difference from a list view is you're going horizontally rather than vertically. 
Picture someone not knowing what they want to watch in a 100-200 movie library. They'd have to scroll a while to get through the library.
I guess what im saying is theres a reason poster & list view types work, imo.

Im finding it hard to go through my library. Is everyone else finding it intuitive?
(2020-03-27, 11:35)NotYourAverageAl Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 10:47)NotYourAverageAl Wrote: Oops meant viewtype. In the default viewtype, you can only scroll through the library sideways; how are people getting around a huge library?

Pressing Down should give you a scrollbar, at least it does in Composite Plex addon. From here it scrolls quite quickly, the only real difference from a list view is you're going horizontally rather than vertically. 
Picture someone not knowing what they want to watch in a 100-200 movie library. They'd have to scroll a while to get through the library.

Im finding it hard to go through my library. Is everyone else finding it intuitive?

Why are you scrolling through 200 items looking for something to watch randomly? That's what widgets are for. I have about 400 movies in my library and I rarely ever go into the "Titles" section of the library unless I'm looking for a very specific movie, which I will then use the alphabet strip to jump to quickly.

Widgets I use:
Random Movies not played in the last two months playlist (find something random I haven't watched recently)
In-Progress movies (continue watching something I was in the middle of)
Random Action movies playlist
Random Animation movies playlist
Random Documentaries playlist
Oscar winners.
Random trakt list (from TMDbHelper)
Random movie genre (from TMDbHelper)
Trakt watchlist (keep a list of what movies I want to watch)
Recently added movies (movies I recently added to my library)
Recommended for you (from TMDbHelper)

Also I often use the lists available in the video info dialog - just browse through TMDbHelper lists and watchlist anything that I'm interested in watching (or play it directly from there). I also use the similar button a lot to go to a list of similar movies (or same genre or recommended or director etc.). TMDbHelper will show library items at the front of the list.

Scrolling through the library to find something to watch makes no sense in a large library because you always see the items closer to the start of the alphabet.

Also, the poster view in the library shows 7 posters plus the edges of 2 more. A list view might show maybe 10 items, so there's barely any difference other than you are used to scrolling vertical instead of horizontally.

The thing is that most TV navigation is switching to horizontally scrolling lists. I've actually found that horizontal scrolling lists are more natural for people that are unfamiliar with Kodi because it is more like other tv apps that they've used before e.g. Netflix.

Also, I don't know what type of remote you use - but I use an MCE remote that has channel up/down buttons. These scroll through lists by page, so I don't even need to use a scroll bar.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-03-27, 08:42)cawigab Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Just want to say thanks for the amazing skin. Very first time that my kids find it easy to navigate through kodi without my help.

During these days, it’s a Huge gift you made for my family...

Many thanks xx

Thanks! That's big praise!

Still lots of things to work on but it's getting there. I'm hoping to make things as straightforward as possible.
Hi @jurialmunkey just a quick one again regarding the Music Library... I have a folder/compilation with >100 tracks where numbers above 99 get truncated. Could this field please be extended slightly to accomodate 3 digits?

(2020-03-27, 13:36)FXB78 Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey just a quick one again regarding the Music Library... I have a folder/compilation with >100 tracks where numbers above 99 get truncated. Could this field please be extended slightly to accomodate 3 digits?

Should be fixed now.
(2020-03-27, 11:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: Why are you scrolling through 200 items looking for something to watch randomly? That's what widgets are for. I have about 400 movies in my library and I rarely ever go into the "Titles" section of the library unless I'm looking for a very specific movie, which I will then use the alphabet strip to jump to quickly.

Exactly what I was thinking Big Grin
(2020-03-27, 13:58)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 13:36)FXB78 Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey just a quick one again regarding the Music Library... I have a folder/compilation with >100 tracks where numbers above 99 get truncated. Could this field please be extended slightly to accomodate 3 digits?

Should be fixed now. 
Yep all good now, thanks Smile
This skin is amazing -- I finally figured out how to get the submenus and hubs working, which has really unlocked the power of this skin. Thank you so much for your efforts!

I only have one small request:

My main Movies page uses the submenu hub, and I have several buttons for Recently added, Random, Titles, etc. When I highlight Titles (not pressing enter), I can easily mouse down to start scrolling through my library. However, the alphabetical menu that allows you to jump to a particular spot in the list does not work on this "preview" screen. You have to press "enter" on the Titles button to actually launch that widget and be able to enable the alphabetical menu.

It would be awesome if that menu functionality was accessible from the widget just by highlighting the button, but not sure if that is possible.

In any event, this is the best skin I've ever used, so thank you again.
(2020-03-27, 11:35)NotYourAverageAl Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 10:47)NotYourAverageAl Wrote: Oops meant viewtype. In the default viewtype, you can only scroll through the library sideways; how are people getting around a huge library?

press down so you get to alphabet strip and use that.
(2020-03-27, 07:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 14:24)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey,

Couple of considerations from my side for the skin..

1. Light theme in the future?

2. On widgets, I see the title of movies/series in the 'title' of the widget.. possible to have also the release year of a movie (i.e. latest added movies | Frozen | 2019)?

3. In widget of moviedb helper.. possible to add a 'note' on poster when available in local library? Now we can see only the watched status.. Embuary skin is habing this for your reference

4. Fanart for next episodes rather than clip art.. spoiler alert Smile

5. Movie title and year under poster view in widgets, similair to next up episodes view

Thanks for the great skin!!

1. Already on my todo list
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...n/issues/6

thanks

2. I can't add too many different things to the widget label as it has to be adaptable to a large number of situations. Because Kodi doesn't allow passing params to variables, it means that I need a separate label control for every permutation (then each control is hidden in the background). The more controls, the more complexity, and thus the greater difficulty to maintain and higher chance of introducing bugs.

you are the expert here, but can you consider this please as this would make sense to see next to title rather than guessing or going into movie info firsy

3. It's possible (and it's already built into the skin - you can see it on items inside the video info dialog) - I just generally avoid for widgets because it would mean that widgets based on library items would have a mark for every single item.

Is this not possible for moviedb helper widgets only?

4. Already on my todo list
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc.../issues/13

you are a star

5 I'm not quite sure what you mean by next up episodes view. Anyway, text under posters would make it a different size to the other widgets which I'm specifically avoiding.

I get you here, but is not needed if widget label can have title and year

Jurialmunkey, please see my comments in red above.

Cheers.
(2020-03-28, 02:37)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 07:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 14:24)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey,

Couple of considerations from my side for the skin..

1. Light theme in the future?

2. On widgets, I see the title of movies/series in the 'title' of the widget.. possible to have also the release year of a movie (i.e. latest added movies | Frozen | 2019)?

3. In widget of moviedb helper.. possible to add a 'note' on poster when available in local library? Now we can see only the watched status.. Embuary skin is habing this for your reference

4. Fanart for next episodes rather than clip art.. spoiler alert Smile

5. Movie title and year under poster view in widgets, similair to next up episodes view

Thanks for the great skin!!

1. Already on my todo list

thanks

2. I can't add too many different things to the widget label as it has to be adaptable to a large number of situations. Because Kodi doesn't allow passing params to variables, it means that I need a separate label control for every permutation (then each control is hidden in the background). The more controls, the more complexity, and thus the greater difficulty to maintain and higher chance of introducing bugs.

you are the expert here, but can you consider this please as this would make sense to see next to title rather than guessing or going into movie info firsy

3. It's possible (and it's already built into the skin - you can see it on items inside the video info dialog) - I just generally avoid for widgets because it would mean that widgets based on library items would have a mark for every single item.

you are a star

5 I'm not quite sure what you mean by next up episodes view. Anyway, text under posters would make it a different size to the other widgets which I'm specifically avoiding.

Cheers.

Just open information if you need to know the year?
It seems pretty rare that I'm scrolling my widgets and go "well, I'll watch that, but ONLY if it came out in 2012..." Big Grin

And what do you mean by "notes" on posters in widgets?
Issue (running latest update)

TV Shows with multiple seasons.

Season buttons - has context menu to mark as watched etc 

Episode - no context menu

TV Show without seasons (so has the info, show similar buttons) I can get a context menu by clicking the episode

Shows with seasons, I cannot get a context menu to appear on the episodes

(2020-03-28, 03:34)dm21912 Wrote: Issue (running latest update)

TV Shows with multiple seasons.

Season buttons - has context menu to mark as watched etc 

Episode - no context menu

It's unfortunately a limitation in the Kodi skinning engine with dynamic content lists inside library windows. If you need a context menu item, then you have to go "into" the season by clicking on the season button.
(2020-03-28, 02:49)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 02:37)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 07:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. Already on my todo list

thanks

you are a star

Cheers.

Just open information if you need to know the year?
It seems pretty rare that I'm scrolling my widgets and go "well, I'll watch that, but ONLY if it came out in 2012..." Big Grin

And what do you mean by "notes" on posters in widgets?

Yeah I don't really understand the need to see the year for movies widgets - it's definitely interesting information but not really relevant to making a watching decision. Very occasionally it is needed to differentiate between a remake but usually the poster is a better indicator of that - and in the very rare case you don't know which one is which you can always press info.

The "notes" is the little box icon to indicate that the item is in the local library. It's a good feature to have and I've found a decent solution to show it on widgets for only plugin items. It's this icon (on the Avengers poster corner).

FYI - Feature Added: Submenu Popup

I've now added a feature for a submenu popup menu. This menu can be added to any mainmenu shortcut from the Common shortcuts - it will cause the submenu popup onclick.

• 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7