had to reinstall - bluray iso playback
hi,

tried your tutorial. havent got bluray support either.

i dont have $HOME/setup/xbmc/config.log

the $HOME/setup/xbmc/lib/libbluray/libbluray/config.log file exists and exits with 0.

any hints where to find the config.log to check if "have_libbluray" ist set to 1?

ewg
Blu-ray playback is broken in the nightlys. Libbluray from june the 12th and older are working
@ einwegglas

config.log is in the git/xbmc directory

@ Henkske

well the git libbluray pulled is from xbmc and xbmc pulls it from videolans git repo and the install of such lib was past that date a couple of days ago or 3, so if it was broken before idk how that goes.
Henkske Wrote:Blu-ray playback is broken in the nightlys. Libbluray from june the 12th and older are working

Is there a way of getting that rather than what is available now?
he says its fixed from june 12th and older, the version you have is well past that and should work, and according to that statement should be fixed.
X3lectric Wrote:he says its fixed from june 12th and older, the version you have is well past that and should work, and according to that statement should be fixed.

Nope, im saying that libbluray from the 12th and newer are NOT working properly. Smile
Well is there a way to get the versions that actually work? i.e. pre June 12th?
Question 
Henkske Wrote:Blu-ray playback is broken in the nightlys. Libbluray from june the 12th and older are working

thast not what it says there.

@ croaker2112

Presuming what he said is true, yes there is, problem is you have to do this manually and compile it and install it manually.

this is not so easy I will try but cannot guarantee it will work as Im not a guru and 100% comfortable with this yet.

1) Grab and clone the libbluray git. This creates a separate Dir so you can manage it better hopefully.
Code:
sudo su
mkdir $HOME/setup/bluray
cd $HOME/setup/bluray
git clone git://git.videolan.org/libbluray.git
ls -all
cd into any directory that the git clone created I don't know the name.
execute the following after cd into correct directory
git checkout a2254288ac14deefafdc8e28ff496ae5b4de2bf5
git clean -xfd && git reset --hard
2) hopefully now your on a git alternative reality thats from the 10th June according to our friend there. Now we compile still in su continue.
Code:
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install
I'm not sure if that the compiling steps has not looking at the steps

Its also possible that the current installed libbluray may need to be removed pre doing all this, perhaps Henkske would like the chime in and help, since he seems to be more familiar with all this?

@ Henkske can you give a hand on this process since you are more familiar with all of this.

cheers.

that should
X3lectric Wrote:thast not what it says there.

Its also possible that the current installed libbluray may need to be removed pre doing all this, perhaps Henkske would like the chime in and help, since he seems to be more familiar with all this?

@ Henkske can you give a hand on this process since you are more familiar with all of this.

cheers.

that should

English is not my first language but i really dont see a problem with my response. June the 12th and OLDER, not newerSmile But it doesn't matterSmile I don't know if it's specifically the 12th but that's the last backup i have where it was still working

I can't help you with this problem cause i havn't fixed it myself
X3lectric Wrote:thast not what it says there.

@ croaker2112

Presuming what he said is true, yes there is, problem is you have to do this manually and compile it and install it manually.

this is not so easy I will try but cannot guarantee it will work as Im not a guru and 100% comfortable with this yet.

1) Grab and clone the libbluray git. This creates a separate Dir so you can manage it better hopefully.
Code:
sudo su
mkdir $HOME/setup/bluray
cd $HOME/setup/bluray
git clone git://git.videolan.org/libbluray.git
git clean -xfd && git reset --hard
2) hopefully now your on a git alternative reality thats from the 10th June according to our friend there. Now we compile still in su continue.
Code:
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install
I'm not sure if that the compiling steps has not looking at the steps

cheers.

that should

thats what i got.

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

ewg
git checkout a2254288ac14deefafdc8e28ff496ae5b4de2bf5 brings up the following error

Code:
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

do i need to add a repository or something else?

ewg
No you have to by on the correct dir once the git cloned happened type
Code:
ls -all
cd into any directory that the git clone created
execute the git checkout and continue
Sorry for any missed parts, I did say it was not perfect.

Ive added that info so you guys get the general idea.

Since it was Henkske that said its not working, I cannot verify it, It works fine for me so lord knows. my blurarys are not encrypted if the blurays are encrypted you need makemkv
X3lectric Wrote:No you have to by on the correct dir once the git cloned happened type
Code:
ls -all
cd into any directory that the git clone created
execute the git checkout and continue
Sorry for any missed parts, I did say it was not perfect.

Ive added that info so you guys get the general idea.

Since it was Henkske that said its not working, I cannot verify it, It works fine for me so lord knows. my blurarys are not encrypted if the blurays are encrypted you need makemkv

thx,

how can i check if the older version of libbluray was installed.

asking cause i have still no luck with playing blurray.iso

ewg
honestly only by the commit a2254288ac14deefafdc8e28ff496ae5b4de2bf5 which according to Henkske should be working...

again like I state on little guide you may need to uninstall old files.

the mt2s (usually the BIGGEST file size) file can be played directly by xbmc, libbluray only allows xbmc to read the bluray folder structure.

if the iso is not encrypted try extracting it and ensuring its not compressed cause xbmc doesnt read from compressed image files or rars etc.

You guys should ask in Freenode IRC #xbmc-linux to get more expert advice... Im not the expert here, Im just trying to help you guys set it up, clearly more then I can chew, though I will persevered while you guys are willing...
i suppose, when i can play the iso with mpc or vlc the iso is encrypted.

Quote:The iso consists of these 3 folders:
ANY!
BDMV
CERTIFICATE

i will try your hint extracting the iso. will report back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
had to reinstall - bluray iso playback0