had to reinstall - bluray iso playback
Thanks for reading.

I had bluray iso playback working well on a previous install but I had to do a reinstall and cannot get it going now. I was using libbluray but each time I try to get it set up now I end up rebooting to a log in prompt.

Hardware:

Giada Cube
ION
2 gig of memory

I have tried every version of xbmc-live and xbmcfreak I could find and basically if I add the mario-sitz ppa either there is a uxlaunch issue or the machine simply boots to the command prompt. Is there a way to get this going?

I am primarily a windows user so a walk through for linux would be great.

Thanks in advance.
sudo nano /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch

tty=8
session=/usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
CHANGE INTO

tty=2
session=/usr/bin/xbmc
thanks very much Henkske, I will try that. Have been out of town over the weekend.
Henkske Wrote:sudo nano /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch

tty=8
session=/usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
CHANGE INTO

tty=2
session=/usr/bin/xbmc

uxlaunch is missing and cannot be installed.
please try the current version of the mario ppa, xbmc_11.00~git20110622.17bbb2a, (may take a while to be built).
I found some differences between the mario ppa and the unstable ppa.
sitzm Wrote:please try the current version of the mario ppa, xbmc_11.00~git20110622.17bbb2a, (may take a while to be built).
I found some differences between the mario ppa and the unstable ppa.

thanks very much, once that build is complete then the just do an sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get install xbmc?
croaker2112 Wrote:thanks very much, once that build is complete then the just do an sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get install xbmc?

"sudo apt-get upgrade" should be sufficient.
Hello,

I can read Blu-Ray ISO images stored on an distant NAS, with XBMC Windows pre-11 coming from Nightlies, installed on PC(s)
.. but impossible with XBMC CD live 10.1 installed on my HD11 ZBOX

-> Is-it an simple and easy upgrade to do, to allow XBMC live 10.1 to read BR ISO images ?

Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
Jean-Max Wrote:Hello,

I can read Blu-Ray ISO images stored on an distant NAS, with XBMC Windows pre-11 coming from Nightlies, installed on PC(s)
.. but impossible with XBMC CD live 10.1 installed on my HD11 ZBOX

-> Is-it an simple and easy upgrade to do, to allow XBMC live 10.1 to read BR ISO images ?

you have to use the latest nightlies with included BR support:
e.g. ppa:mario-sitz/ppa
That looks like it is still rebuilding, I think there was an issue yesterday.

The commands will be something like:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mario-sitz/ppa
sudo apt-get update (Though sitzm seems to indicate the update may not be needed)
sudo apt-get upgrade

I haven't been able to get a successful install so far, but I hope that will be resolved when they finish this build.

I think there have been some issues with the nightlies or something so YMMV though.
croaker2112 Wrote:sudo apt-get update (Though sitzm seems to indicate the update may not be needed)
sudo apt-get upgrade
No, he means "sudo apt-get install xbmc" isn't needed.
BurningSky Wrote:No, he means "sudo apt-get install xbmc" isn't needed.

This is exactly what I meant Smile
Thanks for the clarification.
Unfortunately I am still having issues. The ppa updgrade is successful but .iso files are still not playing. The debug log is here

It appears that libDVD is being used instead of libbluray am I reading that correctly?

Steps taken:

1. download and install to HD the latest live iso
2. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mario-sitz/ppa
3. sudo apt-get update
4. sudo apt-get upgrade
5. sudo restart

all commands were run from a Putty session if that matters.

thanks,

C2112
croaker2112 Wrote:Unfortunately I am still having issues. The ppa updgrade is successful but .iso files are still not playing. The debug log is here

It appears that libDVD is being used instead of libbluray am I reading that correctly?

Steps taken:

1. download and install to HD the latest live iso
2. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mario-sitz/ppa
3. sudo apt-get update
4. sudo apt-get upgrade
5. sudo restart

all commands were run from a Putty session if that matters.

thanks,

C2112
i think its just a bug in the new nightlys cause i have the same problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
had to reinstall - bluray iso playback0