Android Video playback randomly stops
So I’m running kodi on my rpi and playing downloaded videos off of a seagate 2TB external hard drive. Was getting the same issues as others (kodi exiting during a video) and was interested in the CEC settings. I just went into
Settings/system/input/peripherals/cec
and deselect enable

That has seemed to resolve the issue for me. I haven’t been running very long since the change but I’ve watched 2 movies and a few tv show episodes without the problem coming back. Before the changes I would get kicked out of the video multiple times by now. I saw that others bought that cec hdmi filter thing but disabling it in settings seemed like an easier option as long as it works.
kodi 18
I've noticed over the past few weeks when watching movies it will suddenly stop playing(crash)
using the latest nightly
http://ix.io/Zhl
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
Update: back to having problems with it aborting again...
i stopped this issue from happening by disconnecting mounted network storage. since i have had no random stops at all.
Do not know if it helps but i had simliar issues on win10 and solved this by edit the advancedsettings.xml with increasing the memorysize, set buffermode to 1 and readfactor to 30.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
@tehax
I tried the 3 advancesettings options for android, Unfortunately none of them worked. I’ll have to Waite until the kodi team fined a fix.

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

Update:
Reverted back to kodi 17 because it’s stopping on every movie I play.
Waiting for pre-realese Alpha 2
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2018-03-19, 19:34)rontonomo Wrote: i stopped this issue from happening by disconnecting mounted network storage. since i have had no random stops at all.
 Disconnected from where? I'm getting the same problem with Kodi 17.6. Movie just stops and returns to the main Kodi screen.
It was an option in the Nvidia Shield TV settings, not in kodi itself.
(2018-04-04, 14:10)rontonomo Wrote: It was an option in the Nvidia Shield TV settings, not in kodi itself.
 Thanks. Just wanted to be sure.
I added a mount like this to my SHIELD just before the problem started so your comment made a lot of sense.

Unfortunately, even after removing the mount I'm still having this problem. (Another movie stoped on me last night)
Is IPv6 enabled? If so, might want to try disabling.
did you verify the mount was diconnected by rebooting and checking the network mount again? the first time i tried to disconnect it didn't so i tried again then rebooted and all was good after that.
Yea, I double checked. ipv6 and network discovery are both disabled. Nothing is installed besides Netflix and Kodi (I read that some apps like ES were causing similar issues).
Do you have a VPN that you are using? I use PIA and was using the "killswitch" option for those occasions when the VPN disconnects. This would somehow screw up my network so that anything I had playing on my Shield would stop playing. The folks that make PIA say that using the killswitch feature could have negative effects on the network. In my case, it did.
I've been debugging the hell out of this problem.

Removed the switch I used, D-Link DGS-1008A (that was connected to the Windows 10 machine with the movies on it) - Still happening
Removed a Windows 10 mounted network storage I had on my SHIELD.
No random stops!
Returned Switch -> Random stops again.

Apparently, if my shared Windows 10 folder is mounted on the SHIELD, Kodi will randomly stop playing. 
On top of this, my SWITCH, for what ever reason, is unable to handle Kodi streaming as it should.
Hope this helps someone, I had my SHIELD running for days trying to figure out what's the problem.
Also, if someone can recommend a good switch they use that doesn't cause this, it would be great.
Hmmm, I wonder if having the Shield mounted from my Mac server was causing the problem here.  I noticed it was still mounted from yesterday when I copied my updated database file from my FireTV unit over to it.  It exited like 4 times on two movies.  I only got the unit recently and mostly tested smaller files setting up my Atmos/X/Auro theater upgrades so I don't know if it would have done it playing full movies.  I've never had it happen on my older FireTVs (one still being used on a smaller set where I don't need Atmos, X, etc.).  I just unmounted it.  I'll have to try another movie to see what happens.  I already disabled network scanning and IPV6 to no avail and tried both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks (former rated excellent and the latter rated good; the latter tops out at over 360Mbps locally according to an app and yet SMB transfers to the Mac server are painfully slow for some reason (relatively speaking; running more like 10Mbps).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback randomly stops0