2022 Rocktek G2 (SEI/AMLogic S905X4-K)
Yes sorry I didn't write correclty

For now dv profile 7 isn't supported by Amlogic SDK for android
Exclamation 
Saw this thread with your testing data and figured I’d see if you can answer my question. I’d like to use the rocktek g2 to play my Remux files, and I don’t need much in the way of audio, I’m just using my TV soundbar. Can I run Kodi on the rocktek for that purpose? I tried playing my files directly from the tv USB ports and it’s stuttering all over the place.
(2024-01-06, 02:32)Omnytrix Wrote: Saw this thread with your testing data and figured I’d see if you can answer my question. I’d like to use the rocktek g2 to play my Remux files, and I don’t need much in the way of audio, I’m just using my TV soundbar. Can I run Kodi on the rocktek for that purpose? I tried playing my files directly from the tv USB ports and it’s stuttering all over the place.

i will have to retest with just standard audio playback from the android side of things with passthrough off
the video side of things was very good

if you're up to it then CoreELEC runs great on it instead of Android, with the caveat i could never get the included remote to work with CoreELEC so something else would have to be used

ill plug it in tomorrow and test off of a standard NFS share without passthrough audio then report back
(2024-01-06, 03:43)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-01-06, 02:32)Omnytrix Wrote: Saw this thread with your testing data and figured I’d see if you can answer my question. I’d like to use the rocktek g2 to play my Remux files, and I don’t need much in the way of audio, I’m just using my TV soundbar. Can I run Kodi on the rocktek for that purpose? I tried playing my files directly from the tv USB ports and it’s stuttering all over the place.

i will have to retest with just standard audio playback from the android side of things with passthrough off
the video side of things was very good

if you're up to it then CoreELEC runs great on it instead of Android, with the caveat i could never get the included remote to work with CoreELEC so something else would have to be used

ill plug it in tomorrow and test off of a standard NFS share without passthrough audio then report back

it seems something i've done with this box has broken the android side of things so it will not boot into Android any more
with that i wont be able to see how it compares when just being a standard player with passthrough off
and i don't have any inclination to fix it right now as i have retired it from my home theater setup in total

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2022 Rocktek G2 (SEI/AMLogic S905X4-K)0