• 47(current)
Release XBMC Immersive
Sorry if already asked (I briefly searched for, found nothing)

any way to force "on deck" refresh after a playback ends / I go back to home screen ?

Use case: Many times it'd be enough for me to watch tv shows episodes. Unfortunately it doesn't get updated after episode end, forcing me to go to the tv show library and play the next episode.

Thanks !
(2014-12-27, 00:37)chareos Wrote: any way to force "on deck" refresh after a playback ends / I go back to home screen ?

I'll look into it but I'm currently in the process of switching from Skin Widgets to service.library.data.provider which might solve this issue.

Also, I've recently starting pushing commits for Helix compatibility to GitHub. Things are in flux at the moment and the last couple of commits has broken Gotham compatibility. Please be advised not to update until Immersive has been fully updated to Helix. I'll post a message here when things are ready to start updating again. Stay tuned.
Is there a bug at present with the shut down menu, or is it just me? It comes up, but it seems I can't select any of the options. Running Kodi 14.0.
(2015-01-02, 21:39)unwittinglyrad Wrote: Is there a bug at present with the shut down menu, or is it just me? It comes up, but it seems I can't select any of the options. Running Kodi 14.0.

Kodi 14.0 isn't officially supported.
hows the work on the Kodi version of the skin going? just waiting for the release to upgrade to kodi. I will not use kodi until i have your skin lol
(2015-01-17, 22:19)bloodykiller86 Wrote: hows the work on the Kodi version of the skin going? just waiting for the release to upgrade to kodi. I will not use kodi until i have your skin lol

Slow but steady. I've finished all of the Helix related changes other than PVR. That's been a real pain since I don't use PVR and the PVR.Demo plugin doesn't exactly make things easier. The real hurdle was forking Phil65's Extended Info script to add a few Trakt.tv related things but they've overhauled their API and removed a lot of the things I had added to it so I'm thinking of dropping the fork and just going with the official release.

I hate keeping user from upgrading so I'm going to try my best to get a Kodi compatible release available by the end of the week.
Quick update for those interested. Just pushed another big commit for Helix compatibility. It's looking like my end of the week deadline is on track for a full release. More testing to do but it's looking good.
(2015-01-20, 06:15)Sranshaft Wrote: Quick update for those interested. Just pushed another big commit for Helix compatibility. It's looking like my end of the week deadline is on track for a full release. More testing to do but it's looking good.
You making alot of people happy !!!! Thanks for the hard work!!! Skin is amazing as always...
Immersive is ready for Helix testing. Have fun breaking things and be sure to report any bugs to the GitHub link in the first post. Enjoy! Big Grin

Please note, PVR hasn't been started yet. I'm still trying to set up a suitable testing environment. I can't seem to get the PVR demo or IPTV Simple addons to work. Will continue tomorrow.
Love the Immersive skin. Like other users, had been waiting for the Helix compatible update before upgrading to Helix. Have now upgraded and all seems to be working fine at this stage. Was wondering whether you were going to update the branding from XBMC to Kodi. Everything else is now Kodi so would be good to see the branding change out.

Thanks for all your awesome work so that people like me get to enjoy such a great skin.
(2015-01-24, 00:52)robnz09 Wrote: Love the Immersive skin. Like other users, had been waiting for the Helix compatible update before upgrading to Helix. Have now upgraded and all seems to be working fine at this stage. Was wondering whether you were going to update the branding from XBMC to Kodi. Everything else is now Kodi so would be good to see the branding change out.

Thanks for all your awesome work so that people like me get to enjoy such a great skin.

Yes, branding will be changed to Kodi. Just need to do the graphics.
Hey sranshaft. on kodi i'm having a problem where when i try and type in a text box for lets say global search, i hit enter and it just give's me a "q" instead of the return command. didnt happen on gotham but if it did i just turned off send remote key presses and it worked but now its not there in the settings menu under system>input. i tried just adding it to the guisettings.xml but it doesnt work. i have alternate keyboard on but it didnt change anything. any ideas?
(2015-01-26, 01:51)bloodykiller86 Wrote: Hey sranshaft. on kodi i'm having a problem where when i try and type in a text box for lets say global search, i hit enter and it just give's me a "q" instead of the return command. didnt happen on gotham but if it did i just turned off send remote key presses and it worked but now its not there in the settings menu under system>input. i tried just adding it to the guisettings.xml but it doesnt work. i have alternate keyboard on but it didnt change anything. any ideas?

The setting is probably hidden under the advanced settings option. Will have to add a way of changing the settings mode. I'll change the default button the keyboard window opens on to the enter button to help prevent this in the future.
(2015-01-26, 09:14)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 01:51)bloodykiller86 Wrote: Hey sranshaft. on kodi i'm having a problem where when i try and type in a text box for lets say global search, i hit enter and it just give's me a "q" instead of the return command. didnt happen on gotham but if it did i just turned off send remote key presses and it worked but now its not there in the settings menu under system>input. i tried just adding it to the guisettings.xml but it doesnt work. i have alternate keyboard on but it didnt change anything. any ideas?

The setting is probably hidden under the advanced settings option. Will have to add a way of changing the settings mode. I'll change the default button the keyboard window opens on to the enter button to help prevent this in the future.

Yeah that would work great! And nope it's not under the advanced options either. I have it set to expert on confluence and i edit all the settings first before switching and it's not there anymore like it used to be unless if they moved it elsewhere

Feature request: everyone loves how u have xbmc setup with your theme. The only thing everyone asks me for is a seek bar. I know you can hit up down right or left to fast forward but they really want to just pick a spot in the show and play from there like on YouTube on stuff so if you ever get a chance to do it that would be great! Smile
Quick and rather stupid question, how does one access the charms bar when using a remote? I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere, unless it's not that windows-esque charms bar I'm looking for.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Immersive26