• 49(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
I understand your frustration but addon builders even have less resources than XBMC developers.
I guess (and hope) in a couple of weeks/months there will be a simple addon available. For now, just dig into the fun of compiling your own....

Realizing that, I just made a 10 bugs donation...you could do as well, might speed up things a bit Wink
I notice that the version of this I compiled the other day was using an Eden pre-release.

Is this going to be updated to use the new Beta?
KJThaDon Wrote:Thanks, but I've done that several times now..That's the guide I used and SpotyXBMC doesn't even show up in plugins anywhere..

No one else has had this problem?

Are you completely sure that you are running your compiled spotify-xbmc? and not the standard xbmc binary?
Hi.
Im trying to install this on my xbmc live installation.
I get this error when i run ./configure
checking for main in -lyajl... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

I also found this in the configure.log
configure:18970: error: Could not find a required library

the log also report my system as follows
hostname = XBMCLive
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 2.6.32-26-generic
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 09:00:03 UTC 2010

Please can anyone help me?
Thanx in advance
Diddleydoo
Diddleydoo Wrote:Hi.
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

hostname = XBMCLive
uname -m = i686
uname -s = Linux

Thanx in advance
Diddleydoo

Did you read error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform ??
sorry but i read the readme, couldnt get any help from there.
I have installed all dependencies, used.
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
after sudo apt-get update.
What more should i do?
Diddleydoo
tsint is pm ok, im also from sweden
EvilUnicorn Wrote:I understand your frustration but addon builders even have less resources than XBMC developers.
I guess (and hope) in a couple of weeks/months there will be a simple addon available. For now, just dig into the fun of compiling your own....

Realizing that, I just made a 10 bugs donation...you could do as well, might speed up things a bit Wink

I already tried to compile it, using the fragmented instructions in this forum (I use XBMCLive), but it didn't work out...I'm afraid to try it again since it cost so much of my time. If you're not familiar with compiling...it's a real headache. As far as i know there is no guide whatsoever to do this from scratch if you use XBMCLive.
Diddleydoo Wrote:Hi.

hostname = XBMCLive
uname -m = i686
uname -s = Linux

Thanx in advance
Diddleydoo

Hi Diddleydoo

try running
Code:
sudo apt-get install libyajl
this should be the libary your system is missing
Hi again.
Got some help from tsint, and everything looked ok when i installed it but the spotyxbmc doesnt show under system addons enabled addons.

I also tried to use the modifeid xgb.sh script mentioned earliler in this tread.
but no luck. The spotyxbmc addon doesnt show.

so if anyone want to give me some pointers on where to start from the beginning to make it right from start i would love it.
thanx
Diddleydoo
After fresh install of xbmc 10.1 live i ran the sxgb script and got this error.
Copying XBMC binary to /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
install: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1
Any ideas?
Diddleydoo
*edit* It helps to write a post....Smile. Instead of starting xbmc from start-programs...etc i started the xbmc.exe thats in C:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\Win32BuildSetup\BUILD_WIN32\Xbmc. Then it worked!!! nice *edit*

I followed the great guide in post #530, installed xbmc, followed the steps in the guide. And now i can open library, but if I try to open songs, artists etc it is just sitting there working, when I hit backspace I get the message "path not found or invalid"

If I try to open "Spotify radio" it opens blank - i.e. no songs, nothing.

If I search for artists not in my local library, it returns blank.

I had logon to Spotify via facebook, and had to get a numerical code to use as username.

Any suggestions to what I have done wrong?
Novin Wrote:Installed it today. Works but got a crash after 15 minutes. Will submit some kind of report to that later... to here or somewhere else?

The GUI also lags like crazy. The RSS feed skips a couple of characters every 3 seconds or so. Why is this I wonder..

Using todays git + Ubuntu 10.10 + Asrock ION 330.

Gui-flow & hw-accel in movies (vdpau) worked fine in the 10.10-version of XBMC I used before.

This is why I had problems, my database which is on a SQL-server needed to be updated.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118193
A huge thankyou to Akezeke!! This is how Spotify should beBig Grin

But what happens when I install an update? will Spotify stop working and I will have to do this job over again, or will Spotify work even after an update?
Hi

I'm trying to compile your branch for the ATV2. At the moment I'm at the stage just to have it compile it and runt. To find a solution for starting libspotify is a latter matter.

The compile goes just fine but it seems like there are some linking problems somewhere. The compile itself goes just fine but my ATV2 throws me the following error and refuses to load XBMC to the menu. Does anyone have any ideas where/what to change?

From ATV2 log;
Code:
Dec 28 11:15:17 Apple-TV AppleTV[732]: Error loading /var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMC:  dlopen(/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMC, 265): Symbol not found: _g_spotify
      Referenced from: /var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMC
      Expected in: flat namespace
     in /var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMC
Dec 28 11:15:17 Apple-TV AppleTV[732]: Appliance com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc's principal class (null) does not conform to the BRAppliance protocol.

//Mike
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10