• 5(current)
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app
hi there...

got another feature request or bug report or whatever...

first the buttons for "enable subtitle" doesn't work if you start a video and subtitles are deavtivated (if you activate them with keyboard then the button works)...

second issue i have is that the up and down buttons don't work in the OSB (in the OSD they work as volume up and down buttons)... suxx a little bit cause now i dont have any chance to activate subtitles with my ipod Sad

hope s.o. could help me with these issues or that they will be fixed in one of the next versions Big Grin

ah, just found that the second problem has been fixed and submitted Big Grin
ringgh0st Wrote:hey guys,

oh love your remote app... though it doesnt work yet.
im using the latest version 1.6 together with ubuntu 8.04. and the the latest svn.
after automatic adding or manual add (no matter which) the xbmc pc was found but
"no media found" in every section

and yes i have a correct library set up. any suggestions?j i already paid for your lovely app and need that thing for my wife ;-)

sniiiiiiiiiiipppp

just had a port error. port8080 was also used by my shoutcast server. sorry. everything works right now. GREAT"!!!!

Hey glad you got it working! Sorry for the late response. I've been out of town on business. Yeah, one of the hardest parts about troubleshooting these apps is the fact that there are soooooo many factors at play. Not only do you have to take into account all the obvious ones (XBMC Version, Remote Version, Proper Setup) but each person has a unique network which can also cause a myriad of issues.

Rand
JoWa Wrote:hi there...

got another feature request or bug report or whatever...

first the buttons for "enable subtitle" doesn't work if you start a video and subtitles are deavtivated (if you activate them with keyboard then the button works)...

second issue i have is that the up and down buttons don't work in the OSB (in the OSD they work as volume up and down buttons)... suxx a little bit cause now i dont have any chance to activate subtitles with my ipod Sad

hope s.o. could help me with these issues or that they will be fixed in one of the next versions Big Grin

ah, just found that the second problem has been fixed and submitted Big Grin

Yep, second issue has been fixed and submitted. I will look into the other issue later this week. We are working on a couple of other things that take priority right now, but I should have some free time soon.

Cheers,
Rand
i just bought the app and i can connect but there is "no media found"
i checked everything, libary is scanned ok in xbmc, read the forum and evrything but still no luck.
what can it be?
thanks for any help.
neurosis13 Wrote:i just bought the app and i can connect but there is "no media found"
i checked everything, libary is scanned ok in xbmc, read the forum and evrything but still no luck.
what can it be?
thanks for any help.

ensure you have the correct port used... it will "connect" but if you have changed the port from 8080 to something else it will not work.

Rand Al Thor Wrote:Yep, second issue has been fixed and submitted. I will look into the other issue later this week. We are working on a couple of other things that take priority right now, but I should have some free time soon.

Rand,
Will the customer HTTP commands make it in the next release? I'm anxiously awaiting as that is the last step to making my XBMC integrated with my home lighting. Thanks!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i had to switch off windows firewall, now it seems to work.
Big Grin
neurosis13 Wrote:i had to switch off windows firewall, now it seems to work.
Big Grin

just open the port
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:Rand,
Will the customer HTTP commands make it in the next release? I'm anxiously awaiting as that is the last step to making my XBMC integrated with my home lighting. Thanks!

Honestly, I can't answer that. It is still a total WIP that I am just working on in my "free time." Unfortunately, that translates to a couple minutes here and there. We have already submitted an update to address the Vol up/down issue, so defnitely not in that release Wink
I just moved from XBMC for Xbox to XBMC Live, and the transition has been smooth for this remote, except for when viewing artists. After every artist name in the listing I get </record><rec...>, as seen in the screenshot below...

Has anybody experienced this before? Everything else is fine, albums and tracks display fine, just artists is like this.
This is a know issue. Let me guess, you are using Aeon or Mediastream as your skin with a few mods? Wink

You can find a fix here.

We are still not entirely sure why it is behaving like this (ie, which mod does it) but we are going to issue the command from above at connection time from now on which should address the issue permanently.

Cheers,
Rand
FYI YALL

A > Image B > Image

(A) TV view on xbmc.local.2 w/ 14 shows.
This machine is xbmc-live 9.4.1 - installed from ISO
(B) TV view on xbmc.local.1 w/ 82 shows.
This is my main machine -- showing alphabet seperators
and a scroll bar on the right, that covers up the banners Confused

I've posted on the collect3's forum
and Rand says this should be under control in about a month. we'll see NodRolleyes

Dave & Rand -- keep up the good work !!
your remote is in the top5 apps on my ipod & permanently in my dock
let us know if any free time auto-magically appears
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
I am running the latest svn build but this problem seems to be around for a while. I just installed the last stable build and the problem is also in that version.

If you suspend xbmc iphone remote (http://remote.collect3.com.au/) will not connect to xbmc after waking up again! What's strange about this behaviour is that i can reach the webserver via my browser.....

Anyone here who has a clue? Rebooting xbmc solves the problem but......
Did you manually set the connection in the iPhone app or did it auto-discover it via Zeroconf? If it's auto-discovered, perhaps XBMC isn't re-registering its services with Avahi when it resumes from suspend.
I tried it both ways and it doesn't make a difference!
what os are you using?

im on windows 7 and dont need zeroconf
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app2