• 50(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2020-04-18, 10:15)djcorvus Wrote: Hey guys,

Massive thanks to jogal for this!

I'm having a problem though, and not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
When I download certain addons, I'm getting a lot of dependency errors. For example when I go to download additional skins from the built-in repo, I frequently get the error:
"The dependency on script.skin.helper.widgets version 1.0.22 could not be satisfied".
I get similar errors mentioning other scripts.

I'm guessing that's because Kodi 19 uses Python 3, and most addons aren't updated to support this, right?

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm assuming the repo in this version of Kodi is the most up to date version, yes? If not, how do I install the latest official repo with addons which are most compatible with Kodi v19? I can't find many skins at all that are compatible, and I hate the default Kodi skin.

Will compatible addons be automatically added to the official repo as they become available? Or will we need to download a newer (unforked and un-HDR) version of Kodi?

Sorry for the silly questions, I'm a bit of a novice.
Thanks for any help!
At this point I think for the most part, python addons that require python modules or packages are working as most packages today have python 3 capability and these have been added to the Matrix part of the Kodi repo.  Skins can be a bit different, as they require Kodi addons, rather than just packages/modules.  But among other things there is a pending PR for Kodi that will require skins to provide Matrix versions (IOW, same as for python addons), so any existing skins in the Kodi repo that are Leia won't show as available to install.  The Matrix versions of skins should have been tested for dependencies prior to acceptance into the Kodi Matrix repo.  While Matrix is pre-alpha, probably best to first find a support thread for a skin and look for any interim fixes (such as zipped versions of py-3 addons not in the Kodi Matrix repo yet).  Or stick to Estuary.

scott s.
Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to build a version that includes Jogals HDR code and the Emby mediaimporter?
That would finally make it possible for Emby users to switch to jogals HDR code /build
Link:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...ect/page-1
The Embycon addon works with Kodi 19, using the one from the Emby beta repo. I've been using it with no issues with jogal's HDR build. That's an option for Emby users.
(2020-04-20, 22:51)yeahme49 Wrote: The Embycon addon works with Kodi 19, using the one from the Emby beta repo. I've been using it with no issues with jogal's HDR build. That's an option for Emby users.
Yeah I tried that. But it doesn't display the Guo when paused after using the "clone skin" option, this dramatically reduces WAF.
First of all, thanks to everyone who is developing this fork!
Long time I haven't updated Kodi on my HTPC. So I just installed this version 3.6.0 from scratch. Everything seems to work well except for one thing: when I close Kodi I find HDR disabled in Windows.
This only happens if I previously played an HDR video on Kodi. Otherwise HDR remains activated by closing Kodi.
Anyone know how to fix it?
(2020-04-23, 11:53)zappomax Wrote: First of all, thanks to everyone who is developing this fork!
Long time I haven't updated Kodi on my HTPC. So I just installed this version 3.6.0 from scratch. Everything seems to work well except for one thing: when I close Kodi I find HDR disabled in Windows.
This only happens if I previously played an HDR video on Kodi. Otherwise HDR remains activated by closing Kodi.
Anyone know how to fix it?
This version should automatically switch on hdr when a hdr title is played and switches it off when playback is stopped.
That's why HDR is off when coding Kodi
@zappomax :

Here's how it works: Windows HDR only is active while playing HDR content.

Did you habitually have Windows HDR switch always on?

This is unusual because the rest of the SDR content is best viewed with Windows HDR switch OFF.

But if you prefer you can change the setting "Settings> Player> Use HDR display capabilities" = OFF  and turn ON Windows HDR switch all the time.

In this case SDR content is played in HDR mode (tone mapped) and HDR in native HDR.

However, for me it is a step backwards because it disables "auto HDR switch" feature.
Hello,

Thanks very much for your work!!

I would like to know if i had to do something on settings to have trueHd áudio Dolby Atmos.
I have a PC with core i5 with Nvidia 960 and a Oled LG B9 but when I play a 4k movie with Dolby Atmos when I press O on kody it says that Dolby Atmos is playing but on source tV says only pcm??

Can anyone help me with right configs to pass the right audio!

Big thanks
Hi @Xin0,

Check this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2941861 with similar question.

Edit: and this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2940155
[font][font]@jogal thank you very much for your work and I apologize in the past I mistakenly thought it was your fault that the iso files were not seen. thanks[/font][/font]
(2020-04-23, 12:53)jogal Wrote: @zappomax :

Here's how it works: Windows HDR only is active while playing HDR content.

Did you habitually have Windows HDR switch always on?

This is unusual because the rest of the SDR content is best viewed with Windows HDR switch OFF.

But if you prefer you can change the setting "Settings> Player> Use HDR display capabilities" = OFF  and turn ON Windows HDR switch all the time.

In this case SDR content is played in HDR mode (tone mapped) and HDR in native HDR.

However, for me it is a step backwards because it disables "auto HDR switch" feature.
Yes, always on 'cos I use my HTPC also for gaming.
For the non-HDR contents, I use MP that switch off the HDR.
Thx a lot for the tip Wink
Or can use 'F11' key to toggle Windows HDR on/off manually from Kodi GUI (not while playing)... options are not missing Wink
(2020-04-23, 14:05)jogal Wrote: Hi @Xin0,

Check this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2941861 with similar question.

Edit: and this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2940155

Thanks a lot!!

Another question, there is any add on like artwork beef working on this version? Because artwork beeef stop working after I install this version.

When we go to play a hdr movie and stop the tv always blink its normal ?
Thanks
(2020-04-23, 15:54)Xin0 Wrote: Another question, there is any add on like artwork beef working on this version? Because artwork beeef stop working after I install this version.

Addons for Kodi 18.6 and 19.0 not are same, needs to be upgraded to Python3 and update headers. This should be done by addon developers.

(2020-04-23, 15:54)Xin0 Wrote: When we go to play a hdr movie and stop the tv always blink its normal ?

Is normal, in my case message "no video signal" or similar with black screen is shown during one second or two. Because Windows and TV is switching video mode.
(2020-04-24, 11:25)jogal Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 15:54)Xin0 Wrote: Another question, there is any add on like artwork beef working on this version? Because artwork beeef stop working after I install this version.

Addons for Kodi 18.6 and 19.0 not are same, needs to be upgraded to Python3 and update headers. This should be done by addon developers.

(2020-04-23, 15:54)Xin0 Wrote: When we go to play a hdr movie and stop the tv always blink its normal ?

Is normal, in my case message "no video signal" or similar with black screen is shown during one second or two. Because Windows and TV is switching video mode. 
Thanks!!

There is any chance to have artwork Beef working in this version? Or other addon that do the same?

Best regards
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2