"shouldEndSession": true
},
"sessionAttributes": {}
}
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
@nsviper, try longer names for the playlist. I suspect those aren't matching >=75% due to how short they are and that they're matching against the name with the extension (.m3u).

I'll think about how to get that to work better, but try it with a two-word playlist name or something and see if it works.
Will give that a go jingai and report back...

(edit) yes, renaming playlist to 'heavy metal' and it now works Wink
Has anyone gotten this to play anything from the favorites list? I am using Windows/Kodi and the AWS Lambda setup.
@nsviper, thanks for testing. I'll figure a way to fix it just as soon as I get a chance to work on it again.

@helmhound, favorites are not yet supported.
(2017-01-01, 16:53)nsviper Wrote:
(2017-01-01, 16:48)helmhound Wrote: First off let me thank m0ngr31. This is Friggin AWESOME.
I got it running yesterday with LAMBDA on the AWS servers.

My question for anyone that knows is, how do I go about updating the existing LAMBDA function?
For testing I decided to use a changing public IP address... I want to change the IP to a DDNS address using https://www.dynu.com/ or whatnot.

Is there a simple way to update my EXISTING Lambda function?

TIA

Yes, make any changes u need to the .env file, then re run the 2nd compile command, thats all u need to do (at least thats what I did to update the port)

C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy

Whilst this will work it does upload your entire working folder to AWS, it is better to use the deploy-to-lambda.py script as that will deploy only the required files.

Code:
python deploy-to-lambda.py
I set this up yesterday, and love it. Can't wait for Live TV support Smile

One quick question, do I need to update things when I add things to my library, or is this automatic? Sorry if this is already answered multiple times (I'm supposed to be busy at work so haven't had time to read much of the thread)
(2017-01-03, 18:50)sausageman Wrote: One quick question, do I need to update things when I add things to my library, or is this automatic?

It is not automatic, though you shouldn't need to update the slots unless it has trouble matching a newly-added item, because the skill will attempt fuzzy matching on whatever it heard from Alexa.
Just did a test of an addon.

Installed JSON-CEC addon (https://github.com/joshjowen/script.json-cec) then used the following link to "wake up" or switch on my TV - worked fine Smile

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"script.json-cec","params":{"command":"activate"}},"id":1}

Whats the possibility of getting this included in a release? Smile

Thanks in advance.
(2017-01-03, 20:33)nsviper Wrote: Just did a test of an addon.

Installed JSON-CEC addon (https://github.com/joshjowen/script.json-cec) then used the following link to "wake up" or switch on my TV - worked fine Smile

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"script.json-cec","params":{"command":"activate"}},"id":1}

Whats the possibility of getting this included in a release? Smile

Ultimately, I'd like to see manipulating addons via voice added in a generic way. I'd personally rather not add a bunch of specific support for addons because it will end up a nightmare to maintain.

That said, you can do what you want outside of the kodi-alexa skill, by using something like ha-bridge (or any of the other Phillips Hue Hub emulators out there). Or you could create another skill purely for controlling your A/V equipment.

I personally use Indigo for home automation and it includes a Hue emulator plugin which I use to translate commands like this.
I'll use IFTTT for now, seems to work ok for this anyway. Maybe further down the line with more automation I may look at Samsung Smart Things or similar - thanks.
Yeah, I don't know why IFTTT didn't even spring to mind.. I guess because I don't use it lol.
Hi all,

Sorry for the stupid question but i have to ask it anyways.
My setup is 2xDots.

Kodi is setup via a raspberry pi, connected into the TV via HDMI, Kodi gets TVs, Movies etc via DLNA from a NAS on the same network.

Will this setup work for me?

When i use https://slot-generator.herokuapp.com/ to populate the lists it only finds ADDONS, not MOVIES, MUSIC etc.
(2017-01-04, 13:43)davo2001 Wrote: Hi all,

My setup is 2xDots.

Kodi is setup via a raspberry pi, connected into the TV via HDMI, Kodi gets TVs, Movies etc via DLNA from a NAS on the same network.

When i use https://slot-generator.herokuapp.com/ to populate the lists it only finds ADDONS, not MOVIES, MUSIC etc.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as your setup is the same as mine with different (but similar) kit.

I did mine with AWS and Lambda and the teething issues I had were down to my ENV file which has some issues. I used a fresh copy and it worked first try.

With regards to the generator I can't imagine why it would see the add ons but not your media. Can you access the media via the webUI.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-01-04, 13:48)jouster Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 13:43)davo2001 Wrote: Hi all,

My setup is 2xDots.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as your setup is the same as mine with different (but similar) kit.

I did mine with AWS and Lambda and the teething issues I had were down to my ENV file which has some issues. I used a fresh copy and it worked first try.

With regards to the generator I can't imagine why it would see the add ons but not your media. Can you access the media via the webUI.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Thanks for the quick reply, yes i can access the contents from the webGUI in Kodi without issue, I used the same method (AWS and lambda), the skill appears in "My Skills" in the alexa app but when i ask it to play something it says something about an error in recurrsive fault (sorry, not at home at the moment but can check for the exact error later)

Edit: this is the error i get in the alexa app:

Quote:Skill response was marked as failure
kodi

Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.32fd1940-8a57-xxxxxxxxxxx-3c95e0333bf7

The target Lambda application returned a failure response
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15