• 53(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix
(2015-05-01, 22:33)lovetheshirt Wrote:
(2015-04-30, 21:33)janhansen Wrote: hey guys

please help, can get it to work , when i installed it just open the logo aeon mq 5 and stays there?? whats wrong?

regards janhansen

It can take a while to install you need to be patient. I installed it on a high spec NUC running openelec and it 'hung' on that screen for 5-10min before sorting itself out.

I have seen this at random times on fresh install (this is where the skin is setting all its default settings). It seemed like hitting "escape" key a couples time woke it up. I don't think I ever had a failure to actually install the skin. I also like to "not switch" to the skin when installing it, instead let it complete install (so it's enabled) shut down, restart and then switch skins in settings--appearance--skin.

scott s.
(2015-04-30, 21:21)barenaked Wrote: Scott I tried the repository in Isengard but every option is greyed out. Seems like it's Helix only. Thanks for your work, I'll wait for an updated Isengard version Smile

Yes, the repo is only for Helix (at least so far).

scott s.
(2015-04-30, 21:14)mjccox Wrote: Hey Scott,

It seems that the bug we had in 6.1.7 with the LiveTV-EPG main menu item's Submenu is still there.

The way the skin handles custom submenus is incredibly complex, and I haven't figured it out well enough to see how to add custom submenus to new main menus without breaking stuff. So I kind of put it on the back burner. Sorry. I will take a second look at it, as now you can also add "TV-Recordings" as a main menu with the same issue.

scott s.
(2015-05-02, 00:41)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-04-30, 21:14)mjccox Wrote: Hey Scott,

It seems that the bug we had in 6.1.7 with the LiveTV-EPG main menu item's Submenu is still there.

The way the skin handles custom submenus is incredibly complex, and I haven't figured it out well enough to see how to add custom submenus to new main menus without breaking stuff. So I kind of put it on the back burner. Sorry. I will take a second look at it, as now you can also add "TV-Recordings" as a main menu with the same issue.

scott s.

No Problem ... Thanks for the reply!
(2015-05-02, 00:27)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-05-01, 11:37)djoole Wrote: Could someone confirm the bug please?

You need a playlist type movie, containing at least a movie set, then make a shortcut to this playlist in your main menu, then go to that playlist, enter the movie set, and go back.
The set should be broken (every movies in the playlist root, not in sets anymore)

I think this is a known Kodi problem. You might want to search in the Kodi general forum and see if there are threads on this.

scott s.

Thanks for your answer Scott, I'll do that.

For my previous question... Is it possible to submit additional views?
I made a custom view based on SHELF that I call SHELF CASE (the same but showing DVD/BR-D/etc. cases instead). I've lost my customization thanks to the auto update of the skin Tongue
Let me know if I can send you the mod (or make a PR)
(2015-05-02, 00:22)scott967 Wrote: Thanks. First, realize this skin is by Marcos Qui. All I do is make the changes needed to get version 5 running on Kodi Helix (and fix a few things that didn't actually work in Gotham along the way). Marcos is working on version 6 which I anticipate will leave this version in the dust once he is done with it.

Now on the RSS. It is entirely fixed, but like everything else, can be hacked. In this case not too hard. All the code is in a single file, includes.xml within the skin's 720p folder in your userdata. The skin files are all xml structured text files, so can be edited easily (I recommend notepad++ on windows though).

There are two versions, Home RSS (shows on home screen) and RSS (shows on various other windows).

They both have the same format, looking like this:

Code:
<include name="HomeRSS">
        <control type="group">
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,70" end=" ... (continues)

Just insert the line:
Code:
<posy>-50</posy>

So it now looks:

Code:
<include name="HomeRSS">
        <control type="group">
            <posy>-50</posy>

This moves it UP 50 units (this skin is based on a 1280x720 screen so all positions are relative to those dimensions). Of course you can change -50 to some other value to suit your taste.

Do the same thing for the RSS section (here you can use a different value if you want). save your file and restart Kodi and give it a look.

scott s.

Hi Scott, Thanks to Marcos Qui and yourself then!

Thanks for the info re RSS, my screen is 1920x1080 so I'll have a play around next week when I've got some spare time. I don't have a programming background so I'm kind of flying by seat of my pants. Best take a backup Rolleyes
(2015-04-29, 22:30)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 07:52)Dave.B Wrote: Hi Scott,
Thanks for the effort, but I tried this and it doesn't work. I can see the discart when I press "I" and the "get thumb", meaning the disc.png is already manually added, but still no spinning disc. as I said it works on 13.2 but doesn't on 14&14.2.
Dave. B

Don't know. For me it worked by opening the info for a music video, using "get thumb" and then "add art" to add the type discart, then selecting the appropriate image file, which is shown in the choose art dialog:

When I browse the music video in right list view I get the disc:

The conditions in the skin for the disc to display are 1. discart must be assigned to the focused item in the list 2. You do not have setting "norightdiscart" (top menu view options):

3. The focused item is not a movie set, and 4. Focus is not moving between items.

scott s.

Hi Scott, sorry but it still doesn't work. I also tried it on Kodi 15.0 Beta. Still the same. As I mentioned before it works well on 13.2. will it help if I will upload a log file ?
Hello,

Perhaps this is a known issue. On TV Show seasons, it incorrectly lists the year of the season in wide list view. Is this a skin issue?

Thx
I have a problem with Movie sets in Helixmod, is not working as it should when using custom home screen.
I'm using movie sets to group my movies together. When I click on a movie that has been group i see movie 1 and 2 and so on,
but when I go back to see the whole list again, then i don't have any of my movie groups anymore.
but if I go back to the home screen and then going back to my movie list all my movies has been group up again and all seems normal.

any ideas?
Just 3 posts above mate...
Just 3 posts above mate...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222805
thanks scott for the helix mod. i am wondering if it is possible to customise the multiplex view so that there is either a gap between the movie thumbnails (without having to use the media case). i like the look of the movie thumbnails in the widgets above the main menu bar in the home page where there is a visible gap. Alternately the default confluence skin has a clear border around each movie thumbnail. Are either possible for the multiplex view
(2015-05-02, 16:03)lovetheshirt Wrote: [quote='scott967' pid='1994838' dateline='1430518967']
Thanks. First, realize this skin is by Marcos Qui. All I do is make the changes needed to get version 5 running on Kodi Helix (and fix a few things that didn't actually work in Gotham along the way). Marcos is working on version 6 which I anticipate will leave this version in the dust once he is done with it.

Now on the RSS. It is entirely fixed, but like everything else, can be hacked. In this case not too hard. All the code is in a single file, includes.xml within the skin's 720p folder in your userdata. The skin files are all xml structured text files, so can be edited easily (I recommend notepad++ on windows though).

There are two versions, Home RSS (shows on home screen) and RSS (shows on various other windows).

They both have the same format, looking like this:

Code:
<include name="HomeRSS">
        <control type="group">

Just insert the line:
Code:
<posy>-50</posy>

So it now looks:

Code:
<include name="HomeRSS">
        <control type="group">
            <posy>-50</posy>

This moves it UP 50 units (this skin is based on a 1280x720 screen so all positions are relative to those dimensions). Of course you can change -50 to some other value to suit your taste.

Do the same thing for the RSS section (here you can use a different value if you want). save your file and restart Kodi and give it a look.

scott s.

Hi Scott, I wonder if you / others can advise me how to connect to the box to get to the underlying code that needs amending? Do I need to use SSH or can i just HTTP to it? Just worried that will take me to the GUI. Link me to a WIKI if it's easier please. I'll figure it out............

Thanks
Hi Scott,

I get radomly black screens after stopping a video.
Kodi is still on (if i use the keyboard i hear the navigation sounds) but black screen.
In the logs there are a lot of those :
00:58:57 T:1832 ERROR: CD3DTexture::Create - failed 0x80004005
00:58:57 T:1832 DEBUG: CDXTexture::CDXTexture: Error creating new texture for size 128 x 98

It seems I have this bug since the last update of your mod, or maybe an autoupdate of another extension.

Do you have any idea if this is skin related or not?
Hi all,

I recognized that when I have some specfic actor images for a tv show and some of those actors also appear in one or another movie then always the actor image from the tv show is shown.

Isn't it possible to always show the image for each actor that is actually linked with the movie or tv show?

The reason I ask is, because most of the actor images of my tv shows fit in a specific theme for each show.
Actor images for movies are mostly just "photos"

Is this possible?
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix6