• 6(current)
Release Best of NHK
asik1, NHK live stream is playing in Kodi ok. Since this is not a VLC support thread, please check your PM.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Hi guys, a few days ago NHK stopped working. Log says web address changedHuh Can anyone help?? I reinstalled cit to see if that helped, and it didn't.
Thanks
(2017-03-01, 23:34)Biokiller Wrote: Hi guys, a few days ago NHK stopped working. Log says web address changedHuh Can anyone help?? I reinstalled cit to see if that helped, and it didn't.
Thanks

Need more info. Like what section of this add-on? Live stream, On demand, JIBTV, Newsroom, Top News, etc?

I use Best of NHK add-on daily without problems, so please post your log to pastebin and provide a link so I see what's going on.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Thanks for the reply Misty01, I'm using NHK world, NHK live. It only has the live feed with the news and the 30-45 min shows in between. all I did was download the addon from the kodi repository. So Im not sure of any of this other stuff your talking about.
Ill try to get the log for you, but Im really new to using Kodi.
No problem. You're using a different add-on which is in the official Kodi repository. The author learningit has fixed his add-on and you should see an update soon. In, the mean time feel free to install this add-on by installing from my repo. The link to my repo is in my signature below. Besides live stream you can enjoy other goodies that NHK World offers too.
Ok I updated to kodi 17.0 on my fire tv. Im not sure how I add yours to it. do you have the http for me to add?? Thanks
Here's the link to my repository. Download the repo zip file and install it via "Install from zip" method. After installation of the repo, then you do "Install from repository", navigate to my repo and install the Best of NHK add-on.
Misty -

We had contact a while ago, via the forum and via PM. Since I can't send you a PM for whatever reason, I'll try it this way.
Since you helped me so much with my problems re. recording of NHK live stream, I never had any problems. I can't thank you enough for your help!
But now, to be exact since yesterday, I again have a big problem: VLC won't play NHK live stream any more. I've checked if they changed the streaming method again but they didn't.
Funny thing is, using the URL on (Apple) Quicktime or on AirFlick works without problems. Alas, I can't record with Quicktime or AirFlick.

I know that this is not a VLC support thread but I don't know another way out. Do you by any chance have an idea what the reason might be?
If possible, please send me a PM or another link via which we can communicate.

- ninjagame
@ninjagame: I sent you a PM. You can read it, but can not reply because you have less than 10 forum posts. Hope it helps.
@misty01:
Thank you very much for your reply and instructions. I'm working on a Macintosh, so I'll have to wrap my head around the ffmpeg world first.
On second thought: While I might still be able to master ffmpeg at the end of the day, as far as I can see right now it will still be way too complicated to be really convenient.
What I need is a GUI which allows me to input the streaming URL in order to watch the video stream and which has a button to click on or a command shortcut to start and stop recording.
But there really may be no other way.
What still keeps puzzling me: NHK is still using exactly the same streaming URL they've been using since they changed URL the last time (which was, if memory serves right, at the beginning of March). VLC itself hasn't changed either. I'm still using the same version. Why on earth did it stop all of a sudden? And why does it still work with other media players like, e.g., Quicktime or even Real Player?
But I'm afraid I'm only bothering you. So I'll better stop.

- ninjagame
@misty01

I found VLC 3 myself today. I was just about to tell you. On the Mac it works as well.
Still, I wonder why it stopped working with 2.2.4 just out of the blue - smack in the middle of a program.

Thank you very much!

- ninjagame
Bug 
The "Best of NHK" add-on is very unstable on LibreELEC 8.0.1 ( Kodi 17.1 ) -- running on an ASUS Chromebox. Note that I had zero stability issues with the previous LibrELEC 7.x ( Kodi 16.x ) release.
  • Immediately after LibreELEC boots -- if I attempt to play a selection from "NHK World on Demand" , LibreELEC will "crash" and then reboot. Confused
  • If I play an MKV video from my local library , pause , and then navigate to "NHK World on Demand" , I can typically play 2 - 3 selections before LibreELEC crashes + reboots.
  • I have no other stability issues with LibreELEC ( it is extremely stable ), and note that I only have your "Best of NHK" ( + the required YouTube add-on , which I rarely use because of the 720p playback limitation ) and "SomaFM" audio streaming add-ons.
BenderBRodriguez,

Might be helpful if you provide a link to a debug log.

Anyway, here is a simple test. Copy the video link in the code box.

The video stream is Dining with the chef video from the On Demand section.

Code:
http://player.ooyala.com/player/all/VtZ3NjNjE6LzUd0YCMqovmcZDlIOTNQw.m3u8

Open up your favorite text editor and paste the video link, now save the text file with .strm extension.
Example: Dining_with_the_chef_test.strm

Open the saved file with Kodi. Videos -> Files -> (Your HDD) -> Dining_with_the_chef_test.strm

The video link is exactly as provided by Best of NHK add-on, except you're playing it outside of the add-on, so if LibreELEC crashes when you play the strm file it clearly points to LibreELEC not being able to handle the stream, not a problem with Best of NHK add-on. At that point you should look for help in the Linux and Live support forum. You can provided the video link as an example for the devs to test and find the cause of your problem.
  • Immediately after LibreELEC boots -- ( per your instructions ) , if I attempt to play "Dining_with_the_chef_test.strm" , Kodi plays the stream without issue ( I tested this multiple times to be certain ).
  • Immediately after LibreELEC boots -- if I navigate to "Add-ons" > "Best of NHK" > "NHK World On Demand" > "Inside Lens - The Beekeeper's Son" , LibreELEC immediately crashes + reboots.
  • Within the crashlog , I am seeing : "ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't"
  • LibreELEC 8.0.1 ( Kodi 17.1 ) is using the Estuary skin as the default , which could possibly be causing the issue. The previous LibrELEC 7.x ( Kodi 16.x ) release was using a different default skin.
(2017-04-05, 05:08)BenderBRodriguez Wrote: [*] Within the crashlog , I am seeing : "ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't"
[*] LibreELEC 8.0.1 ( Kodi 17.1 ) is using the Estuary skin as the default , which could possibly be causing the issue. The previous LibrELEC 7.x ( Kodi 16.x ) release was using a different default skin.

From what I've been able to find, Control 55 in window 10025 is related to the menu display of the skin, in this case Estuary.

Code snippet below from MyVideoNav.xml which is located in skin.estuary. 55 is the id for Widelist view. Is it possible the video listing is displayed in Widelist view when it crashes? Try to change the view to one of the other views and see what happens. I've tested Best of NHK with Kodi 17.1 on both Mac and Windows machines and have not had any issues.

You might have to change your skin to the old default skin Confluence and see what happens. I checked the MyVideoNav.xml in Confluence and it does not have view id 55.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>
    <backgroundcolor>background</backgroundcolor>
    <views>50,51,52,53,54,55,500,501,502</views>
    <menucontrol>9000</menucontrol>
    <controls>
        <include>DefaultBackground</include>
        <control type="group">
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200" tween="sine" condition="$EXP[infodialog_active]">Conditional</animation>
            <include>View_50_List</include>
            <include>View_51_Poster</include>
            <include>View_52_IconWall</include>
            <include>View_53_Shift</include>
            <include>View_54_InfoWall</include>
            <include>View_55_WideList</include>
            <include>View_500_Wall</include>
            <include>View_501_Banner</include>
            <include>View_502_FanArt</include>
            <control type="group">
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best of NHK1