• 60(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2017-01-12, 23:54)Spo0915 Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 23:41)Nelbert Wrote: Any solution for adding a large music library to the slots? Had to leave them with just "empty" as it was complaining of a 140 character limit......... Is that a limit per line or something?

Thanks for the help by the way I'm up and running now and so far so good apart from my music.

I have just used the slot generator script and I have a music library of about 10.000 songs of 400 artists and 2.000 albums (or so). It was no problem pasting the information from the text boxes of the slot generator to the "custom slot" text boxes. Only error I got was because of duplicates (as there are several songs with the same title so I removed the duplicates) and an error about quatation marks in album titles (got some of these in soundtracks) and I just removed them..otherwise no problem adding all these entries to the custom slots...

Hmmm..... I used the slot generator too but got warnings about being over 140 characters. Don't use the music much on kodi but would probably use it more if I could get this working.
The slot generator should remove duplicates on its own. It does for me.. are you using the latest from git?

The 140 character limit is for individual items, and we're aware it needs to truncate those. Likewise, quotes are not allowed, but are not currently stripped; however, we know about the issue and will fix it soon.

In the meantime, you can strip out any illegal entries to get it working. That is, truncate entries > 140 characters and remove all quotes, then add to the slots.
(2017-01-12, 23:40)sphirst Wrote: After for some time, this happened so it looks like it wasn't successful and I'm not really sure how...

The signature expired. This could be because of one or both of two things:

1) Your system clock is off,
2) It took too long to upload the skill to Amazon.
Getting this error after testing play movie deadpool

{
"version": "1.0",
"response": {
"outputSpeech": {
"type": "PlainText",
"text": "Error parsing results"
},
"card": {
"content": "Error parsing results",
"title": "Playing the movie deadpool",
"type": "Simple"
},
"reprompt": {
"outputSpeech": {
"type": "PlainText",
"text": " "
}
},
"shouldEndSession": true
},
"sessionAttributes": {}

please help
Jingai, I appreciate all your support up to this point - it takes a lot of patience to keep up with my incompetency but I feel like I'm really close.

If my system clock is off or it's taking too long to upload the skill to amazon, how can I rectify these things? My internet speed is usually pretty good and I have tried disabling my firewall when deploying.
Has anyone worked out the correct voice syntax for playing one of the Star Wars films. In the Kodi library for instance we have Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. I have tried using the full title, part title 'V' instead of 5 but I haven't found anything that works. Has anyone worked it out?
(2017-01-13, 13:48)Metallifux Wrote: Has anyone worked out the correct voice syntax for playing one of the Star Wars films. In the Kodi library for instance we have Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. I have tried using the full title, part title 'V' instead of 5 but I haven't found anything that works. Has anyone worked it out?

We're aware of this issue and will sort it out as soon as we can.
(2017-01-13, 11:33)sphirst Wrote: Jingai, I appreciate all your support up to this point - it takes a lot of patience to keep up with my incompetency but I feel like I'm really close.

If my system clock is off or it's taking too long to upload the skill to amazon, how can I rectify these things? My internet speed is usually pretty good and I have tried disabling my firewall when deploying.

Check your computer's clock against a known-good source. If it's off, either set it correctly by hand, or preferably, tick the box in your OS settings to have the clock automatically adjusted for you.
Thanks again jingai - really appreciate the support!

I'll have to have a look at this when I get back from work. If it's not my system clock, any other suggestions?
(2017-01-13, 17:07)sphirst Wrote: Thanks again jingai - really appreciate the support!

I'll have to have a look at this when I get back from work. If it's not my system clock, any other suggestions?

All I can really say is look closely at your Python and lambda-deploy installations. Your current issue isn't with the skill, it's with one of those. So you may have to go to the author(s) of lambda-deploy or to Amazon for further assistance.
Folks, thank you for this great skill and helpful info in this thread. Just a quick heads up to anyone like me that doesn't use either an Echo / Dot - but rather a Raspberry PI with AVS, the skill works fine if you use a Heroku server and Kodi is only going to access locally hosted media - but if it is hosted on a NAS / Webdav etc, On the RPi AVS will often throw up a 'java.util.concurrent.timeoutexception' - which cuts the connection to AVS and you have to restart the Java application, which gets a bit annoying. Amazon only provide a 10sec response window. But if you set up with Lambda rather than Heroku, it is not an issue, there don't seem to be any timeout's making requests to Alexa for either local or Network hosted media.
Hi guys, loving your work here - It's a fantastic idea but clearly I'm a little too dense to get in working. I'd appreciate any advice you could offer -

I've gone and created the new alexa skill in the AWS developer portal with no issues, used the slot generator and had no problems at all with that. I've used Heroku as the "back-end" which then connects to my kodi box at home.

If I use the amazon "service simulator" (inside the "test" tab of the skill portal) and type in a command such as "Ask kodi to play a random episode of south park" it works perfectly.
i.e. an episode of south park starts playing on my Kodi box. In fact, just about every command I type in to the simulator gives the correct response and it is clearly communicating with my Kodi box without issue.

However, when I actually TALK to Alexa and give her the same command verbally, she has absolutely no idea what I'm on about and usually says something along the lines of "playing videos is not supported on this device"

Now, I have my custom skill showing as "enabled" in the Alexa app on my phone. I have tried changing the invocation name a few times with no effect...

What the hell am I missing??

Oh and I don't have a weird accent - she usually understands me very well Wink
@fishslapman, the most common cause of your issue that we've seen thus far is a language/region mismatch. Make sure everywhere you can select a region -- in the skill .env, the skill on Amazon Dev site, your Echo's settings, etc -- that they all match.

For example, if you're in the UK, make sure your configured mailing address is in the UK.. the Echo's language is set to UK.. the skill region in .env is eu-west-1.. the skill on the Amazon dev site has the boxes ticked for UK.. and maybe others I've missed here.

We have a few UK users here that can probably help more if this is the problem and none of the above helps you.
@jingai thanks for your quick response! I'll go and double check all of my region settings now
Well I have double checked my regional settings in the amazon developer console. The only relevant settings I could find was the language which is already set to "English (UK)"

Whilst I did originally try setting up Lambda (on AWS) I ended up setting up Heroku when that didn't work... so I guess there are no relevant settings in AWS for me to worry about.

If there are any UK users who have gotten this working, please let me know. I'd love to get it running
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15