• 61(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
Have they fixed DTS and DD passthrough problem in the v17 beta 4 in Sony XD93 tv? It works fine in v16 though
Hi,

i just got kd49xd8005 (x8005d), and install kodi 17 on it, and i cant turn on passthrough as there no options under passthrough section in settings. Is there any known solution for that?

thx
So 17 Beta 5 updated onto my KD-55X5800C.

On beta 4 pass-through worked only for Dolby and I had manually turned off the DTS option so I guess it was transcoding DTS output. Everything was playing fine however (I was pretty happy).

Now under beta 5 the DTS option is not even there (my receiver can do DTS) I guess as a result of the self check it does now. Even worse if I play a DTS movie I get a black picture that completely busts every app on my TV. Even trying to play something in YouTube after it doesn't work (everything plays black screen). Only solution is to reboot the TV and then everything works again until I try a DTS movie again in Kodi. Even tried turning off pass-through completely but it still happens. Guess its back to PLEX till beta 6!
Please gives a Debug Log of the problem else no one can fix it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Can you please post us a Debug Log - no Sony TV here to check.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have a sony Bravia TV. And I installed SPMC. So sound seems to work. But it is lagging like hell on higher resolutions. How did you guys fixed that?
(2016-10-30, 12:32)Qefx Wrote: I have a sony Bravia TV. And I installed SPMC. So sound seems to work. But it is lagging like hell on higher resolutions. How did you guys fixed that?

github.com/koying please - this is kodi forum
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am having a problem with no 4K on 4K TV Sony KDL X9300D.
I tried Kodi16 from android market - it downscales. Tried also VLC, MXplayer, built-in player - none plays 4K. It is android tv 5.1.1. The clip I tried is from the "Are your videos shown in 4K?" topic. Is there anyway to force 4K in Kodi on that TV? Thanks!
@ fritsch and Martijn
1. Turned on debugging
2. restarted Kodi
3. Went to settings and enabled pass-through (only two options are the Dolby ones no DTS)
4. Went back to home and started a DTS movie (sound started but picture is black)
5. Stopped playing and Exited Kodi

Logs are:

Kodi.log: http://pastebin.com/bwBX7uk2
Kodi.old.log: http://pastebin.com/kcy0U0ni

Details for the video:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 23.976fps [Video]
Audio: DTS 48000Hz 6ch 1536kbps [Audio]
This video plays fine in SPMC with DTS and played fine in Beta 4 last week (with converted audio)

Hope that helps
I also discovered that my Sony X9300D does not even play 4K from youtube, it downscales video to 1080p or so. Any idea what to tweak?
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend an android tv that's got twin satellite inputs, around 43". I want to run to headend on it which will provide a full 7 day epg and feed the live tv app for satellite viewing.

Thanks in advance.
Ok so just bought a 2015 Sony Bravia android tv and found that the Sony implemented to guide for satellite is very poor. Has anyone found a way to get a full 7 day epg onto one of these TVs?
Seems the DTS/DD passthrough ARC issue was fixed in latest stable Kodi version.

It now work whens TV is set to Audio Output Auto 1 or Auto 2. Before it used to work only when set to PCM (which was a setting that shouldn't work).

Still unsure how to play native 4K videos on Kodi on the TV though :/
Did everyone see there was a firmware update on the 25/10/2016?
https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-downl...roup_id=18

Can't remember my TV updating recently, might have to do this one manually.

Still waiting for that Android 6.0 update....

EDIT: Didn't realise this is the US site, seems us Aussies are last to get the updates. Doesn't seem important, so I'll just wait.
I fixed my AC3 transcode / passthrough issues with switching from KODI to SPMC (which is almost the same, but with experimental bugfixes for Android devices). So far all is working again.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8