• 67(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Is there a v17 testbuild?
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2016-03-23, 07:51)hackbird Wrote: maybe a stupid question but how can i install latest generic build?
When i download i didn´t get an image file i get folders.

Copy to the Update folder via Samba

(2016-03-30, 00:55)DocMAX Wrote: How can i set default behavior of .zip files to 'browse into"?
Currently when running a .zip RetroPlayer freezes.

"Browse into" should be the default action in the games window. Zip handling is imperfect ATM.

(2016-04-02, 20:30)Solo0815 Wrote: Is there a v17 testbuild?
Thx

I've rebased on v17 and combined RetroPlayer into VideoPlayer. This is experimental and doesn't work yet. VideoPlayer might introduce intolerable latency, in which case I'll reintroduce retroplayer, but I intend to merge these as much as possible to reduce code duplication.
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth
garbear how are things going? have you changed your mind with combining RetroPlayer into VideoPlayer? i have been very excited since playing around with the last build you made looked like you made lots of progress.
Greetings Blush,

first I want to thank everybody who contributes to this amazing project for Kodi...excellent work. This project is really really exciting for me.

On my HTPC I am using Kodi 16 Jarvis with Advanced Launcher and EmulationStation + RetroArch.
I also have a fully working emulation system with Hyperlaunch/Hyperspin + also RetroArch.

So I tried the current Build "RetroPlayer 15.2 pre-release 2016-02-02" for Windows on my main Desktop-PC (not the HTPC) and have a single bug and some questions which might give some ideas.

The Desktop PC is a Windows 10 64Bit with a wired XBox 360 Gamepad, a Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick and a Logitech G27 Wheel.
I tried emulation for NES, SNES, Neo-Geo and Capcom Play System (more on that later).

1. Bug, but probably already known
Input in emulation not working when other inputs than the 360 Gamepad are connected, e.g. when the Joystick or the Wheel is connected the input wizard let me set all buttons correctly but as soon as I start an emulation the control does not work. When the joystick and the wheel are removed/detached then everything in NES and SNES worked flawlessly.
I checked the log and it states during configuration wizard, that there is a button conflict and thus the mapping is removed.

Debug log snippet (I also have a full debug log I required):
Code:
21:09:36 T:1164   DEBUG: Starting configuration wizard
21:09:36 T:1164   DEBUG: Failed to load button map for "Logitech Extreme 3D"
21:09:36 T:1164   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Loaded device "Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB" with 1 controller profiles and 1 total features
21:09:36 T:1164   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Loaded device "Xbox 360-compatible controller" with 1 controller profiles and 7 total features
21:09:36 T:1164   DEBUG: Failed to load button map for "Keyboard"
21:09:36 T:1728   DEBUG: Removing "b" from button map due to conflict
21:09:36 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 0 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
21:09:36 T:1728   DEBUG: Feature [ a ] on game.controller.default released
21:09:40 T:7432    INFO: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Found a XInput controller on port 0
21:09:40 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 1
21:09:40 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 2
21:09:40 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 3
21:09:41 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 1 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller pressed
21:09:41 T:1728   DEBUG: Removing "a" from button map due to conflict
21:09:41 T:1728   DEBUG: Joystick button event handled
21:09:41 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 1 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
21:09:44 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 7 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller pressed
21:09:44 T:1728   DEBUG: Removing "start" from button map due to conflict
21:09:44 T:1728   DEBUG: Joystick button event handled
21:09:44 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 7 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
21:09:45 T:7432    INFO: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Found a XInput controller on port 0
21:09:45 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 1
21:09:45 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 2
21:09:45 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 3
21:09:45 T:1728    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://feeds.xbmc.org (easy=0A763EC8, multi=0A01B190)
21:09:47 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 6 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller pressed
21:09:47 T:1728   DEBUG: Removing "select" from button map due to conflict
21:09:47 T:1728   DEBUG: Joystick button event handled
21:09:48 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 6 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
21:09:49 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 10 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller pressed
21:09:49 T:1728   DEBUG: Removing "up" from button map due to conflict
21:09:49 T:1728   DEBUG: Joystick button event handled
21:09:49 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 10 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
21:09:50 T:7432    INFO: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Found a XInput controller on port 0
21:09:50 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 1
21:09:50 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 2
21:09:50 T:7432   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: No XInput devices on port 3
21:09:51 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 12 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller pressed
21:09:51 T:1728   DEBUG: Removing "down" from button map due to conflict
21:09:51 T:1728   DEBUG: Joystick button event handled
21:09:51 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 12 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
21:09:52 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 11 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller pressed
21:09:52 T:1728   DEBUG: Removing "right" from button map due to conflict
21:09:52 T:1728   DEBUG: Joystick button event handled
21:09:52 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 11 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
21:09:53 T:7144   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 7144 terminating (autodelete)
21:09:53 T:1728   DEBUG: Button [ 13 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller pressed
21:09:53 T:1728   DEBUG: Removing "left" from button map due to conflict
21:09:53 T:1728   DEBUG: Joystick button event handled
21:09:53 T:1164   DEBUG: Configuration wizard ended
21:09:53 T:1164   DEBUG: Thread GUIConfigurationWizard 1164 terminating

2. I have an extra "system" named "Capcom Play System" (=CPS1, CPS2, CPS3) configured in EmulationStation and Hyperlaunch/Hyperspin because I want them separated from other mame/arcade games.
So due to the libretro cores matrix I am aware that the FinalBurnAlpha core is in progress so it is clear that CPS is not working yet but I am curious if it will be possible to add "own" systems and thus "own" input configurations to the games menu and link the own input configuration to the own system emulation?
I have a ROM folder named "Capcom Play System" and would use the FBA core. Thus I would need an input configuration that is linked to the "Capcom Play System". Would this be possible by GUI (creating custom input configuration) or would it be possible via file manipulation. Looking at the files I assume that it would be possible by copying an existing libretro system (e.g. game.libretro.snes9x) and controller configuration (e.g. game.controller.snes) and manipulate those files to use the FBA core to create "CPS" entries. Is this assumption correct?

3. Follow up question to 2. Are the input configurations linked to the core or to a "system"? If they are linked to the core then would it be possible to have different input configurations for different system that are using the same core (e.g. Neo-Geo and CPS, when both use the FBA core)?

4. Will it be possible to have game collections (like movie collections) across systems, e.g. have a StreetFighter collection that contains SF Games from SNES, CPS2, CPS3, ... or Bomberman from NES, SNES, Neo-Geo, ...?
Would be great to have an entry called "Collections" (next to NES, SNES, ...) Smile

5. Will it be possible to add system/category of "PC" to the games menu so I can launch my PC Games via Steam Launcher and/or Advanced Launcher there? That would require that Steam Launcher/Advanced Launcher addon can be installed in games and I am not sure if this is possible. In my eyes a PC category would fit into games next to NES, SNES, ...
Right now the PC Games are in Programs Menu but this new Games Menu would fit better Smile

6. Is there a possibility to configure a custom button combination for direct game exit? Right now I am pressing the Guide-Button and then stop the emulation via kodi menu. In RetroArch I have configured a button combination of Guide + Start to immediately exit the emulation. Would be nice to have something similar.

7. Will there be rom views that support video/game trailer like in Hyperspin + EmuMovies?

8. Is there a possibility to change the storage folder for rom media (boxart, fanart, video)? Otherwise I would have a 3rd storage place for fanart next to Hyperlauch/Hyperlist and EmulationStation. On the other hand this is just a bagatelle.

Sorry for the huge amount of questions but I am very excited about this project Smile Smile

Huge Thank You and Best Regards Smile
(2016-04-09, 09:44)EMK0 Wrote: garbear how are things going? have you changed your mind with combining RetroPlayer into VideoPlayer? i have been very excited since playing around with the last build you made looked like you made lots of progress.

RetroPlayer is originally based on VideoPlayer's predecessor, DVDPlayer. Four years later, the code is completely incompatible and needs to be rewritten. I plan to augment VideoPlayer to handle games, and if it makes sense to create a dedicated player, a new one based on VideoPlayer will be written.

(2016-04-12, 10:47)Scoxer Wrote: 1. Bug, but probably already known
Input in emulation not working when other inputs than the 360 Gamepad are connected, e.g. when the Joystick or the Wheel is connected the input wizard let me set all buttons correctly but as soon as I start an emulation the control does not work. When the joystick and the wheel are removed/detached then everything in NES and SNES worked flawlessly.
I checked the log and it states during configuration wizard, that there is a button conflict and thus the mapping is removed.

Right now we lack "player management", so controllers are assigned to player numbers more or less randomly. The controllers probably aren't working because a different device (possibly the keyboard) is being assigned to the lower-number player ports.

(2016-04-12, 10:47)Scoxer Wrote: 2. I have an extra "system" named "Capcom Play System" (=CPS1, CPS2, CPS3) configured in EmulationStation and Hyperlaunch/Hyperspin because I want them separated from other mame/arcade games.
So due to the libretro cores matrix I am aware that the FinalBurnAlpha core is in progress so it is clear that CPS is not working yet but I am curious if it will be possible to add "own" systems and thus "own" input configurations to the games menu and link the own input configuration to the own system emulation?
I have a ROM folder named "Capcom Play System" and would use the FBA core. Thus I would need an input configuration that is linked to the "Capcom Play System". Would this be possible by GUI (creating custom input configuration) or would it be possible via file manipulation. Looking at the files I assume that it would be possible by copying an existing libretro system (e.g. game.libretro.snes9x) and controller configuration (e.g. game.controller.snes) and manipulate those files to use the FBA core to create "CPS" entries. Is this assumption correct?

Custom configurations entail a database to hold the configuration. Kodi doesn't have a way to hold any game-related data ATM. I've tried a few times to add a database for game info, but our current system is inadequate and it quickly became too much work to start from scratch. There's been work on kodi's database system, and once that's done these kind of things will be possible.

(2016-04-12, 10:47)Scoxer Wrote: 3. Follow up question to 2. Are the input configurations linked to the core or to a "system"? If they are linked to the core then would it be possible to have different input configurations for different system that are using the same core (e.g. Neo-Geo and CPS, when both use the FBA core)?

Input configurations are per-platform, not per core. This was a surprisingly difficult challenge, but I think is much better UX.

(2016-04-12, 10:47)Scoxer Wrote: 4. Will it be possible to have game collections (like movie collections) across systems, e.g. have a StreetFighter collection that contains SF Games from SNES, CPS2, CPS3, ... or Bomberman from NES, SNES, Neo-Geo, ...?
Would be great to have an entry called "Collections" (next to NES, SNES, ...) Smile

This depends on a game database, but once one exists this will likely be possible.

(2016-04-12, 10:47)Scoxer Wrote: 5. Will it be possible to add system/category of "PC" to the games menu so I can launch my PC Games via Steam Launcher and/or Advanced Launcher there? That would require that Steam Launcher/Advanced Launcher addon can be installed in games and I am not sure if this is possible. In my eyes a PC category would fit into games next to NES, SNES, ...
Right now the PC Games are in Programs Menu but this new Games Menu would fit better Smile
Quote:Game add-ons (RCB and IARL) can launch external apps, but I'm not sure if this is possible from core.

[quote='Scoxer' pid='2308785' dateline='1460450862']
6. Is there a possibility to configure a custom button combination for direct game exit? Right now I am pressing the Guide-Button and then stop the emulation via kodi menu. In RetroArch I have configured a button combination of Guide + Start to immediately exit the emulation. Would be nice to have something similar.

Button combos are not currently possible, but I plan to add support for button combos to our joystick.xml keymap. Mapping the "Stop" command to this combo would then stop the game. What combos do other systems use? I know the original Xbox used L+R+Back+Black.

[quote='Scoxer' pid='2308785' dateline='1460450862']
7. Will there be rom views that support video/game trailer like in Hyperspin + EmuMovies?

This depends on game scrapers, which are also a work-in-progress. Check out IARL, it is heading in this direction.

(2016-04-12, 10:47)Scoxer Wrote: 8. Is there a possibility to change the storage folder for rom media (boxart, fanart, video)? Otherwise I would have a 3rd storage place for fanart next to Hyperlauch/Hyperlist and EmulationStation. On the other hand this is just a bagatelle.

Game data will probably perform like video data. Specialized handling of game data could happen, but it will take extra time and effort.

Cool Smile. Many many thanks for your answer and your excellent work.
Exciting news - I rebased on 17alpha1 and added rumble support (windows xinput only atm). RetroPlayer has been removed and games are played through VideoPlayer, although currently most games just crash.

So games aren't playable yet, but I uploaded builds if anyone wants to check out my current progress.

Cool, looks great with the new default skin.
awesome!
Just testing it out PS3 controller does not work does not get detected in Games/Input settings either, PS3 is a Xinput device i use scptoolkit for windows 10, PS3 controller works fine in Kodi 16 official

when i try to emulate a controller i get "Joystick support not found"
"Controller configuration is disabled. Install the proper joystick support add-on"
(2016-04-18, 04:03)EMK0 Wrote: Just testing it out PS3 controller does not work does not get detected in Games/Input settings either, PS3 is a Xinput device i use scptoolkit for windows 10, PS3 controller works fine in Kodi 16 official

"Controller configuration is disabled. Install the proper joystick support add-on"

Looks like the test build is missing the peripheral.joystick add-on. Without that no controller is detected.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2016-04-18, 07:45)Montellese Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 04:03)EMK0 Wrote: Just testing it out PS3 controller does not work does not get detected in Games/Input settings either, PS3 is a Xinput device i use scptoolkit for windows 10, PS3 controller works fine in Kodi 16 official

Looks like the test build is missing the peripheral.joystick add-on. Without that no controller is detected.

i know but i see it in the addons folder i think Kodi is just not detecting it.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\peripheral.joystick
peripheral.joystick.dll is whats there

should it be in appdata?
Can you upload a debug log? that'll show us if the peripheral.joystick add-on is present and functioning properly

new build posted. fixed some crashes. games are playable now!

(2016-04-20, 20:23)garbear Wrote: new build posted. fixed some crashes. games are playable now!

nice DS3 is working on this build and i got games to run Smile rumble test works also. Sorry didn't provide debug log from last post
just thought it was to early to report bugs as maybe you where still working on it. Just let me know if you need someone to test things out.

Thanks for working on this awesome Kodi feature
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16