• 73(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2015-02-22, 10:08)TerrorKeed Wrote: @enen92 have you considered a name change for this great addon? i'd like to suggest: "Peer Streams."

Yes I have, in fact the p2p-streams name was created by fightnight in version 0.0.01 or something. I don't like the name.
I would like a cleaner name (1 word) that could translate well the words live and peer-to-peer. It's not easy. Plus a new logo would be required and I'm not good with art stuff.

I don't like the Peer streams name though. The "streams" word should be kept away from the naming as it is a common reason to attract the wrong people.

Open to suggestions Smile Sopcast and Acestreams should also not be used as both are protected.
(2015-02-22, 13:08)sausageman Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 02:33)enen92 Wrote: Acestreams do not work on linux arm anymore.

Sad

Is this a permanent thing, or is there a possible solution soon?

I'm not related to any of the technologies this addon allows you to watch on kodi. Unless they compile a version for arm it won't work. They say in their forums that it might be possible to run it with qemu emulation but I think none of them have tried it to make this claim. I tried on a raspberry 1 model b and it failed straight away. It has so many dependencies that the chances of it to work through qemu emulation are near 0%. Plus the engine rellies a lot on threading which is a common reason for segmentation faults in qemu.

That being said, I haven't removed acestream 2.0 from the arm version just because it still allows you to watch generic .torrent files.

Think of it as if it was windows. It's virtually impossible one to port windows to the pi unless they are the creators of windows (access to the source code), in this case, microsoft.
Regarding windows, I see a lot of people mentioning it over-excited with the "windows coming to the raspberry pi" stuff. No one knows which version of windows will run on the pi and probably the version of windows that will run on the pi (according to some posts in the raspberrypi forum) will be command line only. And even if a gui is availble, it will be probably the windows rt version or something similar.
So, appart from the fact a device like the raspberry pi deserves a proper operating system (not talking about windows here Smile) the simple fact some kind of windows version will run on the pi will not allow you to run acestreams on it.
(2015-02-22, 11:56)Fantasma Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 16:37)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 20:57)Fantasma Wrote: Hi,

i just bought a HP Chromebox and installed openelec on it.
how can i change the AceStream recommended settings like "Live Buffer - 30" or "Total Max Connects - 400"?
The info on the github site https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-Ko...figuration don´t help me if i can´t find the files which i need to edit!?!
For the other systems there are a lot of screenshots, so why only "For x64_86 you have to manually edit the files in '$HOME/.ACEStream'"
Please help! Smile

Openelec is nothing more than an embeded linux operating system. That being said, all other screenshots in the linux i386/x64 wiki page are applied for openelec as well (appart from answering "no" to are you running openelec...). The engine settings can be changed in the advanced tools menu like 80% of other systems.

The wiki page, as the addon code, is open to anyone. So feel free to take the screenshots and edit the page.

great, i don´t really know how it works but i should make a tutorial for other people in the wiki?! Huh

Yes, just create a github account, fork p2p-streams edit the wiki page and submit a pull request.All of this can be done in the github website itself and u won't need to mess with the command line.
(2015-02-22, 11:12)smoothfreeze Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 04:50)caution247 Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 22:20)caution247 Wrote: Having trouble with Acestreams internal player within p2pstreams on kodi 14.1 on FireTV. SOPcast works but Acestreams just counts down and give the error of the torrent not being available. I'm able to run the same links on my windows 7 machine so its not the streams. I've uninstalled and reinstalled countless times as well as fresh installs of kodi. I've factory reset the firetv as well. I've also used a previous version of p2pstreams with no luck

Heres my log: http://pastebin.com/zy6MkSpE

Thank you!

Reposting for visibility. I know there's a lot of folks asking for help and limited support. Thanks for the add-on, hopefully you can get a chance for this issue.

I wanna know this too, before I order a fire tv. Can anyone confirm?

Hope you're not mentioning limited support from my side. I lose literally a lot of time (more than it deserves) trying to help. If others that have a fire tv running p2p-streams don't wan't to help, huh, blame them.
I don't have a fire tv myself. It's not sold here in Portugal (and even if it was I wouldn't buy one Big Grin) but it is just another android device. The addon has 2 options, a builtin acestream engine (basically the acestream apk core files only) and the ability to run the external apk.
That being said, the internal engine might fail (due to the fact android is a shitty fragmented platform and every device/rom is different) but the external apk should work fine. If it doesn't, contact the devs of the acestream engine.
Like I said, it has to be one that owns a firetv to give you advice. I watch some videos of youtube from some people running this on a FTV though.
Hi enen I am having an issue with acestream on my chromebox running openelec. When I load a stream it shows the dialogue box and run's to 100% but instead of disappearing it fades and stays in the background for about 1 min and then goes and the loading bar appears for 1-2 mins and loads the stream. I just tested on an android device and the stream loads straight after the 100%. Is this a know issue in Linux? Also the engine settings are there just after I have downloaded the modules but once I have entered them once they disappear and I have to download the modules again to see (not a big issue but maybe a bug). Will a log help as I'm sure a few weeks ago the streams loaded straight away and the only difference I can think of was upgrading to openelec 5.0.2. Thanks Smile
(2015-02-22, 22:26)YippeeKaiay Wrote: Hi enen I am having an issue with acestream on my chromebox running openelec. When I load a stream it shows the dialogue box and run's to 100% but instead of disappearing it fades and stays in the background for about 1 min and then goes and the loading bar appears for 1-2 mins and loads the stream. I just tested on an android device and the stream loads straight after the 100%. Is this a know issue in Linux? Also the engine settings are there just after I have downloaded the modules but once I have entered them once they disappear and I have to download the modules again to see (not a big issue but maybe a bug). Will a log help as I'm sure a few weeks ago the streams loaded straight away and the only difference I can think of was upgrading to openelec 5.0.2. Thanks Smile

I'll add a configurable sleep time in the addon settings (seconds) before starting the stream that should fix that. But if it was working fine in the previous version of openelec it might be some bug in the distro itself or kodi.
(2015-02-22, 22:39)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 22:26)YippeeKaiay Wrote: Hi enen I am having an issue with acestream on my chromebox running openelec. When I load a stream it shows the dialogue box and run's to 100% but instead of disappearing it fades and stays in the background for about 1 min and then goes and the loading bar appears for 1-2 mins and loads the stream. I just tested on an android device and the stream loads straight after the 100%. Is this a know issue in Linux? Also the engine settings are there just after I have downloaded the modules but once I have entered them once they disappear and I have to download the modules again to see (not a big issue but maybe a bug). Will a log help as I'm sure a few weeks ago the streams loaded straight away and the only difference I can think of was upgrading to openelec 5.0.2. Thanks Smile

I'll add a configurable sleep time in the addon settings (seconds) before starting the stream that should fix that. But if it was working fine in the previous version of openelec it might be some bug in the distro itself or kodi.

Thanks. I just reverted back to openelec 5.0 and it's works perfectly so can confirm it is an issue with openelec/kodi. Hopefully they will fix in next update but if you know of a workaround then great. I wonder if it only effects Linux x86_64
(2015-02-22, 17:43)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 11:12)smoothfreeze Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 04:50)caution247 Wrote: Reposting for visibility. I know there's a lot of folks asking for help and limited support. Thanks for the add-on, hopefully you can get a chance for this issue.

I wanna know this too, before I order a fire tv. Can anyone confirm?

Hope you're not mentioning limited support from my side. I lose literally a lot of time (more than it deserves) trying to help. If others that have a fire tv running p2p-streams don't wan't to help, huh, blame them.
I don't have a fire tv myself. It's not sold here in Portugal (and even if it was I wouldn't buy one Big Grin) but it is just another android device. The addon has 2 options, a builtin acestream engine (basically the acestream apk core files only) and the ability to run the external apk.
That being said, the internal engine might fail (due to the fact android is a shitty fragmented platform and every device/rom is different) but the external apk should work fine. If it doesn't, contact the devs of the acestream engine.
Like I said, it has to be one that owns a firetv to give you advice. I watch some videos of youtube from some people running this on a FTV though.

I am able to watch through ace stream properly on AFTV. did not have to use any trick.. standard installation..
Hi I've been using p2p on my android box mx2 for awhile and it's a great program. No problems and easy to install the scripts.
I have just flashed my box to linux OpenELEC and can not for the life of me get sopcast to work. Ace streams open but the links do not work due to the newer ace stream engine not being compatible. I was sure that sopcast would work but when I click any sopcast link nothing happens. I don't get any pop up or notification. I have changed the system name from openelec and tried downloading the other modules like mxlinux etc but the same is happening. I have winscp and access to files if there's anything to be done to resolve my dilemma.
Hi All,

Just looking around for some confirmation on the following issue:

While playing Sopcast streams, sometimes the playback closes.
After that I'm going back to the streams menu...I have to start it again and everything goes perfectly. Sometimes the issues is repeated randomly during a stream playback (let's say in two hours of playback, this can happen 2/3 times).

Is there any settings that fix this issue?

Anyone noticed this issue?
I'm using Kodi on Linux.
(2015-02-23, 15:21)tedbaker Wrote: Hi I've been using p2p on my android box mx2 for awhile and it's a great program. No problems and easy to install the scripts.
I have just flashed my box to linux OpenELEC and can not for the life of me get sopcast to work. Ace streams open but the links do not work due to the newer ace stream engine not being compatible. I was sure that sopcast would work but when I click any sopcast link nothing happens. I don't get any pop up or notification. I have changed the system name from openelec and tried downloading the other modules like mxlinux etc but the same is happening. I have winscp and access to files if there's anything to be done to resolve my dilemma.
Probably changes in openelec after the update to 5.0. I havent touched that package for a while now so it might need to be updated. Unfortunately, i dont have any arm device i can install oelec in it
Ok thanks for the reply. Thought it was something to do with my box or install fault of my own. I wiped every trace I could find but it's still the same. Openelec is better on my box than android but I do miss this great addon.
(2015-02-23, 15:57)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 15:21)tedbaker Wrote: Hi I've been using p2p on my android box mx2 for awhile and it's a great program. No problems and easy to install the scripts.
Probably changes in openelec after the update to 5.0. I havent touched that package for a while now so it might need to be updated. Unfortunately, i dont have any arm device i can install oelec in it
Ok thanks for the reply. Thought it was something to do with my box or install fault of my own. I wiped every trace I could find but it's still the same. Openelec is better on my box than android but I do miss this great addon.
(2015-02-23, 16:07)tedbaker Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 15:57)enen92 Wrote:

You might want to debug it through ssh. Just open an ssh session to your box (user:root pass:openelec) and run this command (that's what the addon runs):

Code:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/qemu-i386 /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library_path /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/lib /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/sp-sc-auth sop://124.232.150.188:3912/9761 9000 9001

Note: This is a single line! if you're running xbmc instead of kodi just change every .kodi reference to .xbmc.

Post the output and I'll try to take a closer look tonight when I get home.

cheers

PS: Your approach to change the system name is correct. Change it back to openelec, enable download modules on boot (to get the sopcast package again) and run the command I provided.
If that doesn't work, the only sopcast package that is different from the one in openelec is the jinxbox package. This one has a lot more libraries on it.
In case the openelec package fails, rename the system to something else and enable download modules on boot selecting the option jinxbox.
If it doesn't work run the following command through ssh:

Code:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/ld-linux.so.3 --library-path /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/libqemu /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/qemu-i386 /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library_path /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/lib /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/sp-sc-auth sop://124.232.150.188:3912/9761 9000 9001
(2015-02-23, 16:17)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 16:07)tedbaker Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 15:57)enen92 Wrote: Probably changes in openelec after the update to 5.0. I havent touched that package for a while now so it might need to be updated. Unfortunately, i dont have any arm device i can install oelec in it

You might want to debug it through ssh. Just open an ssh session to your box (user:root pass:openelec) and run this command (that's what the addon runs):

Code:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/qemu-i386 /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library_path /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/lib /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/sopcast/sp-sc-auth sop://124.232.150.188:3912/9761 9000 9001

Note: This is a single line! if you're running xbmc instead of kodi just change every .kodi reference to .xbmc.

Post the output and I'll try to take a closer look tonight when I get home.

cheers
Thanks enen I'm in work now so I'll definitely try that and post a log tonight then. Thanks again.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14