• 75(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2016-01-23, 15:43)Koying Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 15:34)mb2k Wrote: The SATV doesn't allow for passthru resolution, I can't think of a good way to confirm that video's aren't being downcoverted.

lol. If you can't see a difference, then it doesn't matter, anyway Big Grin

True, but the reason I started looking in to this in the 1st place was that I noticed that when I went from v15.2 to the pass-thru build, the 4K videos just seemed to be lower quality.

I'm really starting to think there is a problem the SATV properly reporting the right EDID info.

I did manage to connect my SATV via a DVI - HDMI cable to one of my monitors that only accepts 720p and 1440p. The SATV HDMI setting now only has 720p as an option, but Kodi is still reporting 1920x1080.

My Note Pro System Info screen:

http://ibin.co/2USGn0wdoaZN
(2016-01-23, 13:26)ECEC Wrote: Going to Videos > TV Shows is usually a skin thing, and can depend on how you exit the TV Shows screen for what you see when you load it back up. The last time I used Confluence, if I was using BACK to go to the home menu, I would start at the root (videos), but if I escaped out it would take me back to the TV Shows list. You might want to poke around in the home menu settings for whatever skin you're using to solve that one.

For your scraping issue, it seems like there are a couple of things at work. The "episode listing looks like it just displays the file name" part might mean you're using the file browser and not actually opening the library (this could also be part of your first issue). Again, look at the skin settings for your home menu to make sure you're opening the correct thing. If your fanart/pics are all local, they'd show up in the file browser as well.

When you were setting up your sources, did you specify your tv show folder contained TV Shows, and did you choose an appropriate scraper? After that you should make sure that the "selected folder contains a single tv show" and "exclude path from library updates" are unchecked. Once the source is created, hit the context menu (hold the select button) and choose "scan for new content". Kodi should then scan your folder and start downloading all the metadata from whatever scraper you choose.

Thank you very much for your reply. I was using Confluence as that is what I used to use in my HTPC. There, however, it would always take me directly to the TV shows when I clicked that link from the main menu. I looked and looked before posting for a setting that would change this desired behavior, but could not find anything. So, after reading your reply, I switched to the Mimic theme, since it looked nice to me and I wanted to ensure my issues were not with the skin.

However, I get the same behavior now as before, though I do notice an issue now that may explain this. When I click on TV Shows, it takes me to the Videos menu (as mentioned before). However, what I forgot was that on this screen, there is a Movies option and a TV Shows option at the top. If I click on either, I get an error that the network share cannot be reached. However, I have no issues accessing the network share through the Files menu, and can even play them from there. So, not sure what it is looking for or why it is complaining, however perhaps that is the reason I am having these issues. Any thoughts on what is going on here or how I can fix it? Thanks!
Did someone already have such a mess on his Kodi Home Screen ??
I tried to make a "factory reset" of my ATV but, time to time, I'm getting this ...

Any idea ?
(2016-01-23, 20:56)LePousson Wrote: Did someone already have such a mess on his Kodi Home Screen ??

I tried to make a "factory reset" of my ATV but, time to time, I'm getting this ...

Any idea ?

This is the Nvidia SHIELD thread...

EDIT: Realised you meant SATV. Close acronym.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-01-23, 20:56)LePousson Wrote: Did someone already have such a mess on his Kodi Home Screen ??

Any idea ?
Yes!

See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2194699
(2016-01-23, 17:33)duffmaster33 Wrote: Thank you very much for your reply. I was using Confluence as that is what I used to use in my HTPC. There, however, it would always take me directly to the TV shows when I clicked that link from the main menu. I looked and looked before posting for a setting that would change this desired behavior, but could not find anything. So, after reading your reply, I switched to the Mimic theme, since it looked nice to me and I wanted to ensure my issues were not with the skin.

However, I get the same behavior now as before, though I do notice an issue now that may explain this. When I click on TV Shows, it takes me to the Videos menu (as mentioned before). However, what I forgot was that on this screen, there is a Movies option and a TV Shows option at the top. If I click on either, I get an error that the network share cannot be reached. However, I have no issues accessing the network share through the Files menu, and can even play them from there. So, not sure what it is looking for or why it is complaining, however perhaps that is the reason I am having these issues. Any thoughts on what is going on here or how I can fix it? Thanks!

It really seems like you don't have a library setup or its setup incorrectly or its all setup but it can't be reached for some reason? Did you migrate this install from another device?

I'm not sure how invested you are in your install, but I'd start from scratch. Reinstall Kodi, add your video sources, scan it to the library, and then go from there.
(2016-01-24, 02:09)ECEC Wrote: It really seems like you don't have a library setup or its setup incorrectly or its all setup but it can't be reached for some reason? Did you migrate this install from another device?

I'm not sure how invested you are in your install, but I'd start from scratch. Reinstall Kodi, add your video sources, scan it to the library, and then go from there.

I see. I'll be honest, I am disappointed in this but I get where you are coming from. I did find the Kodi upload log addon and tried that, which showed me that there were many SQL errors when Kodi tried to access my MySQL instance where the metadata is stored. I tried deleting it so Kodi could recreate it from scratch, however that did not resolve the errors (most notably an issue with the tvshow_view view). Is storing metadata on a remote MySQL instance not supported with Kodi on the Shield? Right now this is not a big deal as I only have the one instance of Kodi, but was hoping to have several in the near future (which is why I went to the MySQL database for the metadata on my old HTPC).

FWIW, I deleted my advancedsettings.xml file and rebooted Kodi and immediately the TV Shows link works (though there has been a "Preparing...: 0%" message on the upper right of the screen this entire time and shows with no episodes are still showing up...

For now, it seems my problems are resolved with TV Shows, though I am curious if it is possible to use MySQL for my metadata as I did with my old setup. Thank you.

EDIT: The preparing message finally went away after 10 or so minutes, and I was able to filter my shows down to just the unwatched. So, my only unanswered question is regarding how I can point Kodi to save everything to MySQL as I did on my old HTPC. Thanks!
Is it possible to get highres audio like Flac played back at 96khz and 24bit?
Just get it to my AVR as 16bit and 48khz..

Did I miss something in the settings?
WOW. They erased my post. What was wrong to ask a simple question without any flame or somethig? LOL, i cannot belive in here are such humans, why my post was erased?
(2016-01-24, 03:28)duffmaster33 Wrote: I see. I'll be honest, I am disappointed in this but I get where you are coming from. I did find the Kodi upload log addon and tried that, which showed me that there were many SQL errors when Kodi tried to access my MySQL instance where the metadata is stored. I tried deleting it so Kodi could recreate it from scratch, however that did not resolve the errors (most notably an issue with the tvshow_view view). Is storing metadata on a remote MySQL instance not supported with Kodi on the Shield? Right now this is not a big deal as I only have the one instance of Kodi, but was hoping to have several in the near future (which is why I went to the MySQL database for the metadata on my old HTPC).

FWIW, I deleted my advancedsettings.xml file and rebooted Kodi and immediately the TV Shows link works (though there has been a "Preparing...: 0%" message on the upper right of the screen this entire time and shows with no episodes are still showing up...

For now, it seems my problems are resolved with TV Shows, though I am curious if it is possible to use MySQL for my metadata as I did with my old setup. Thank you.

EDIT: The preparing message finally went away after 10 or so minutes, and I was able to filter my shows down to just the unwatched. So, my only unanswered question is regarding how I can point Kodi to save everything to MySQL as I did on my old HTPC. Thanks!

Ok, so backup. You have a remote server with mySQL installed, and not a local library? i'm assuming you ran through the wiki article on this before moving your install. I wouldn't think Kodi on Shield/ATV would have any issues connecting to an extenral SQL server, but that makes your "path not found" error when accessing the library make more sense.

I don't know how to troubleshoot mySQL specifically (I set it up once but never actually used it since I only have the one Kodi install for now), but here's what I would do:
- Delete the Kodi app/data from the Shield.
- Download and install either Isengard 15.2 or Jarvis 16.0 RC1 from this page. 15.2 will enable the context menu when you hold down select, but I moved to 16.0 as of Beta5 and it seems to be working fine.
- Use a file explorer to install the apk you downloaded. Everyone recommends ESFileExplorer but I find X-Plore to work way, way better with a remote.
- Boot up Kodi and let it run its first time config.
- Close Kodi (actually quit out, don't just go back to the Shield Interface.
- Create your advancedsettings.xml file based on this, and move it the appropriate path.
- Boot up Kodi and check your library, and if the advancedsetting file was built correctly, it should work. If not, time to look at log files and find whatever thread people are using for mySQL stuff here on the forums.

Good luck!
(2016-01-24, 14:57)IrrelevantWhiteMan Wrote: WOW. They erased my post. What was wrong to ask a simple question without any flame or somethig? LOL, i cannot belive in here are such humans, why my post was erased?

cause you asked about banned addons. It's not erased it's in the trashcan
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It seems that they removed the whole "playback" tab under video options in the Jarvis rc1. Is this normal? Now I cannot fiddle with the automatic refresh rate switching anymore :-(
(2016-01-24, 15:33)dsurinx Wrote: It seems that they removed the whole "playback" tab under video options in the Jarvis rc1. Is this normal? Now I cannot fiddle with the automatic refresh rate switching anymore :-(
No they haven't. Check you settings type at the bottom of the left menu.
It need to be Advanced or Expert to have the refresh rate settings.
(2016-01-24, 15:42)wweich Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 15:33)dsurinx Wrote: It seems that they removed the whole "playback" tab under video options in the Jarvis rc1. Is this normal? Now I cannot fiddle with the automatic refresh rate switching anymore :-(
No they haven't. Check you settings type at the bottom of the left menu.
It need to be Advanced or Expert to have the refresh rate settings.
Oh yes, I completely forgot about that. Seems like my skin hides the settings type thingie on the botton left. Thanks!
(2016-01-24, 15:15)Martijn Wrote: cause you asked about banned addons. It's not erased it's in the trashcan
From when is considered a banned addon question when you ask "what version of Kodi did you guys use on SHIELD TV?" ....
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6