• 8(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
We don't want to add internal sub forums anymore. It's been abused in the past by only giving access to people who 'donated' first. Not talking about Team Razorfish or the Alaska project btw.
Well yes, that's pretty low.

Not a problem. This kind of thing could always been conducted outside of the forum, not that I'm at the point where it's needed.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Wow. Just wow. Finally a skin without all the fanfare. I can't wait to install this. Just from the screenshot alone it's pretty clear I need this lightweight no gimmick skin. So glad you will make your skin your way. So many wip started great only to be so bad after the skinner acknowledged every request.
@djh_ I really like the screenshots you posted and your intention for this new skin. Great!!!

Do you have any design ideas for the live tv section?

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
It is said a few pages back that the skin will be released without PVR. Then PVR can be modded in, or if djh has free time he may code it then.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Ok, I read the complete thread, but didn't recognize it. Wink

Thanks
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Things are progressing faster than expected, so have some more stuff. This is all grabbed live from Kodi.

The context menus are very much WIP in terms of content and functionality, but you get the idea. The plan is to have two context menu schemes you can switch between, this one being the 'Presentation' scheme. It's all about minimal options for casual use. The other one - let's call it 'Classic' - will be the usual Kodi-style context menus with whatever options would normally appear, albeit without the clumsy-looking 'pop over' effect you'd normally see.

I wanted to make sure Music got as much attention as Movies, TV, and (soon) Pictures. The idea is to provide an antidote to the storefront/search engine feeling you get from using Spotify, Amazon, Netflix and basically the commercial status quo. That means big vinyl-style artwork and very simple, linear browsing.

Each section of Aeon - Movies, TV, etc. - will let you choose between two 'Art Systems': 'Kodi' and 'Aeon'. The first of those will operate largely as you'd expect it to coming from any other skin, and will pull artwork from the usual places. The second is the preferred method: a lot more involved, has its own folder structure, makes full use of multiimages, and adds new features. All the shots here use the 'Aeon' system. You can see the little widget for artists which acts as a little slideshow of whatever albums you've got. That can be switched so that the big art panel, rather than show photographs of the artists (again, multiimages), instead runs the album slideshow at full size. Or you can just turn the album slideshow widget off. There are quite a few options, actually, due to all the artwork music involves.

So yes, you can get away with letting scrapers handle the artwork if you want, but this is really a skin for artwork lovers and collectors.

The 'Now Playing' widget is still quite WIP. There's a scrollbar option, too, though I'm wondering if it's even necessary.

Really nice. It all depends on high quality artwork indeed, but if you have that it will look great.
Worth noting that I'm going to avoid any upscaling of artwork across the skin, so there'll be a (hopefully) elegant solution to anything too small.
How do you plan doing the randomly generated geometric backgrounds btw?
Not sure yet. There's been talk of doing it through a plugin, though TBH I'd be happy not doing it at all. If it turns out there's stuff that's easier with just a 1080p image, so be it. Certainly not high on the list of priorities.
It adds a nice touch to the overall theme imo, cycling through a few static ones should do the trick also Smile
Can you describe how the user folder structure is going to need to be organized for the Aeon style artwork? Will this be a manual function on the user end to set up?
Can't really as it needs to be finalised first. I'm currently debating whether to use a single carefully structured art resource for all media, or have it scattered around a bit more. The last thing I want is for people to start preparing something that's obsolete a few days later.
Here's the backdrop and other controls correctly matched to the currently playing album art.

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30