• 89(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
meridius Wrote:i added this lines

<displayseason>1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>4096</displayepisode>

but changed it to this

<displayseason>4</displayseason>

as it should be in season 4 you do not need to change the episode number as it seems to put it in the right place

That is very good to know. I am curious what the 4096 is for. Thanks for the information.
fional Wrote:I don't believe so. What film is this that is listed on themoviedb but not IMDB?

You can manually add it in EMM-R. You could scrape it in XBMC and export it.

...or use my themoviedb scraper for EMM Smile
fional Wrote:That is very good to know. I am curious what the 4096 is for. Thanks for the information.

have got no clue on what that does but i added it

and now the tv shows season and specials are all in there right place
fional Wrote:As Olympia said with the certifications, XBMC doesn't display that nor does XBMC seem to scrape it when it does it on its own, so it's likely moot Smile

But with the original title - I definitely have gotten the original title if IMDB has it listed. Many old Jackie Chan film titles are in Chinese, or transliterated Chinese, so I've had to scrape - then manually rename. But with Olympia's scraper there's a setting where you can use the international/USA name - which will work *if* IMBD has it listed. Obviously if IMBD doesn't have the translated name (or the original name) the scraper isn't going to recognise it.

I suppose what he wanted here is to save the original Chinese title into <originaltitle> tag while using another language, most often International/USA for <title>. Then XBMC would display it based on the International/USA title, but in the movie info the original Chinese or Swedish, etc. title could be showed as well.

...but like I said, EMM does't support the <originaltitle> tag in the nfos.
olympia Wrote:I suppose what he wanted here is to save the original Chinese title into <originaltitle> tag while using another language, most often International/USA for <title>. Then XBMC would display it based on the International/USA title, but in the movie info the original Chinese or Swedish, etc. title could be showed as well.

...but like I said, EMM does't support the <originaltitle> tag in the nfos.

Ahh, I thought he was saying original titles wasn't scraping right. Big Grin I also didn't know XBMC displayed it that way, I think I need to scrape a few things with XBMC so I can see the differences, as I pretty much just started with EMM-R!
Quote:What film is this that is listed on themoviedb but not IMDB?

It's - John Bishop Live: The Elvis Has Left The Building Tour. It keeps bringing up the movie "Elvis Has Left The Building"

Not to worry - I suppose I'll just have to live with it.

How do i input it manually?
I know what this is now

its the order of the episode in the season so it would be 4096 episode in season 1

as i have a star trek episode that was getting put to the back of all the episodes and should of been at the front so to put it at the front you need to edit it to

<displayepisode>1</displayepisode>

if its at the end and say the last episode was 24 you would then change this to

<displayepisode>25</displayepisode>

hope this helps
kedgeman Wrote:It's - John Bishop Live: The Elvis Has Left The Building Tour. It keeps bringing up the movie "Elvis Has Left The Building"

Not to worry - I suppose I'll just have to live with it.

How do i input it manually?

When you scan your library with EMM-R, it'll come up not scraped. Just double click on the John Bishop bit and you can enter the information manually. However, Olympia posted earlier that your other option would be to scrape with themoviedb - I, unfortunately, wouldn't know how off hand and I don't have emm-r with me at the moment.

meridius Wrote:I know what this is now

its the order of the episode in the season so it would be 4096 episode in season 1

as i have a star trek episode that was getting put to the back of all the episodes and should of been at the front so to put it at the front you need to edit it to

<displayepisode>1</displayepisode>

if its at the end and say the last episode was 24 you would then change this to

<displayepisode>25</displayepisode>

hope this helps

Very good, that's what I was originally thinking. I wonder if it will be possible to get EMM-R to accept this. It'll be a project for tonight - I'm pessimistic as to whether it'll be possible - but sure you never know Smile
fional Wrote:When you scan your library with EMM-R, it'll come up not scraped. Just double click on the John Bishop bit and you can enter the information manually. However, Olympia posted earlier that your other option would be to scrape with themoviedb - I, unfortunately, wouldn't know how off hand and I don't have emm-r with me at the moment.

Very good, that's what I was originally thinking. I wonder if it will be possible to get EMM-R to accept this. It'll be a project for tonight - I'm pessimistic as to whether it'll be possible - but sure you never know Smile

so is there know one improving this app ? i hope it gets added
fional Wrote:Assuming you're using Olympia's scraper, if there's no plot at all, then IMDB doesn't have a plot listed either. It'll scrape the plot and plot summary.

Now, in the skin I use (anyhow), you can set it so the plot itself does not show if the film hasn't been marked as watched. That way there is no spoilers.

There's also an option that in absence of a plot, it'll use the plot summary in a plot field. But this only works, if that information is in IMDB.

As far as source setting, I'm not sure I understand your question. It *will* use IMDB for movies and then thetvdb for TV Shows. I don't think you can change this without breaking anything in EMM-R.

No, just the built in scraper. I hadn't realised I was better to use a different scraper, I'll have a look to see if I can find Olympia's.

Re watched and unwatched, if a movie is set to 'watched' in EMM, when it's added to XBMC does it pick up the watched/unwatched info? I found it didn't when I previously used Media Companion.
Finchy Wrote:No, just the built in scraper. I hadn't realised I was better to use a different scraper, I'll have a look to see if I can find Olympia's.

Re watched and unwatched, if a movie is set to 'watched' in EMM, when it's added to XBMC does it pick up the watched/unwatched info? I found it didn't when I previously used Media Companion.

Olympia released a new version, 1.3, a few posts back. I'm on my phone, so it's difficult for me to link right now.

Setting it to watch in EMM, I believe, has no impact in XBMC. I was referring to whether it is watched in XBMC or not, there's an option not to display the plot - at least in the Aeon Nox skin.
Ah, ok, thanks. Yes, I use transparency and there is an option in there to hide the plot, but I think it hides the plot summary as well, which is handy when we're looking through trying to decide what to watch!
olympia Wrote:Hmmm... EMM is not handling original title, right? So how could the scraper pass this over to it then? The scraper is scraping original title btw, but EMM ditch it, since it doesn't recognize this as a valid tag.

Certifications on the other hand is not handled by XBMC, so what would be the use of scraping that? Smile

The old Ember handled the Original Title, it put it in the <originaltitle> tags in the nfo but there is no field for it in the gui because you are not supposed to edit it, if you click manual edit on some nfo's scraped by the old ember, it's there.

If the Original Title is the same as the International Title which is the case for most movies, the same title should be put in the original title tags anyway, to make things clear in the skin and not leave a blank, that's the way it was done on the old Ember.

Certifications is not a big problem for me since XBMC mostly uses the MPAA tags but for people who want to display UK Rating for example, the skins read from the certifications.

Code:
<certification>USA:PG-13 / UK:12 / Switzerland:12 / Switzerland:12 / Switzerland:12 / Sweden:15 / Spain:13 / South Korea:15 / Singapore:PG / Singapore:NC-16 / Philippines:PG-13 / Norway:15 / New Zealand:M / Netherlands:12 / Malaysia:U / Israel:PG / Ireland:15 / Ireland:12PG / Indonesia:Dewasa / India:A / Iceland:16 / Iceland:14 / Germany:12 / France:U / Finland:K-15 / Canada:PG / Canada:PA / Canada:AA / Canada:14A / Canada:14 / Canada:13+ / Brazil:14 / Austria:16 / Austria:14 / Australia:M / Argentina:13</certification>

EDIT: Now that I look into skin it seems to get this from the MPAA string instead, which is weird because where should the UK tags be there? Anyway it's not a big problem.

Realese Date is not scraped either though.

Apart from the original title everything is great! Big Grin Can't thank you enough for keeping this alive, I want to have more control over everything when the movie gets scraped then when everything is automatic in XBMC.
Finchy Wrote:Ah, ok, thanks. Yes, I use transparency and there is an option in there to hide the plot, but I think it hides the plot summary as well, which is handy when we're looking through trying to decide what to watch!

It may be something you could ask about in the transparency thread, I'm not sure if it's something skinners have control over or not. Still figuring that stuff out. Good luck Smile

Another thing you could do is check the scraper settings. See if there's a tick box for plot summary and plot. There might not be, but for instance I have runtime and trailers unticked. I'm not sure a distinction is or can be made, and I can't check right now, but it may be worth a look in that portion of EMM-R.
Yeah, I've just scraped now with Olympia's scraper. It's picking up the full plot but no plot summary, despite me trying with only Plot Summary selected and then (after deleting the nfo files) with both selected. Huh
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13