• 9(current)
Release Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)
(2021-12-22, 16:54)latts9923 Wrote: I didn't want to start modding the work that @Mr. V has done in case he returns

Hi...

It's been a while since @Mr. V has been around here and Github (I hope everything its alright). I was wondering it you be willing to pick up the torch of this great skin while @Mr. V is absent (almost a year and a half).

Regards
Skin works pretty good with Nexus version but i do have some issues with Libreelec setup.
Im missing 4K cases on both my NUC and Pi4 for some unknown reason. on my Windows machine they are displayed correct.
They are missing in both library and widget views.
Anyone tried this skin with V21 Omega yet? Matrix->Nexus went fine, curious to how it will work on Omega.

No activity on this skin for a long time.
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2023-05-18, 17:05)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2021-12-22, 16:54)latts9923 Wrote: I didn't want to start modding the work that @Mr. V has done in case he returns

Hi...

It's been a while since @Mr. V has been around here and Github (I hope everything its alright). I was wondering it you be willing to pick up the torch of this great skin while @Mr. V is absent (almost a year and a half).

Regards

I echo Lynxstrike's sentiments here. Madnox itself is a fork of 'Shednox' which came before it. In total, this skin has been forked / adapted / revamped at least 5 times, to my knowledge. MikeSiLVO's version is 'OK', but a bit basic, features-wise. So if someone is willing to pick up the torch, and carry it forward, I expect there would be quite a few users on here willing to back it/test for whoever takes on the maintainer/developer role.

I'm not expecting Mr. V to return to this. He may, but given the fact he's been missing for over 18 months now, it's not highly likely. I echo Lynxstrike's comment about hoping he's OK, but the fact remains, he's not here. This skin has outstanding issues that Mr. V didn't get around to fixing, even for Matrix. Those issues will only become more numerous going forwards.

Dan / Gib.
I started modding my local copy to fix strings and some minor user stuff. I was thinking about picking it up, but it isn't something I'd do everyday to make it right.... but I have it on at least 5 fire devices.

What would be interesting is to know or have a punch list of what is "wrong" from other people perspective... Thus far I've had little issue with it on Nexus 20.2... and if I were to pick it up, it would be for 20.2 and forward as I have do not have the bandwidth to try and fix stuff for older builds... and IMHO, a waste trying to fix stuff that as mentioned, will only get worse going forward.

Anyone care to create a concise bullet list of what is "wrong" as of 12-3-2023 of things that are rated as critical, broken, needed, nice to have?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Hello Kittmaster.
It sounds awesome, that you will pick up the development of Madnox. IMO the best skin for Kodi. So sad that is had not been in the official repository for a long time.

I would gladly test it and report bug and wishes to you.
Give me some days, and I will send you a list.

I work with video- and graphics production as a professional, so I will also gladly help you if you need some graphics or stuff.
(I will also help translating the skin it to Danish)
(2023-12-03, 23:59)kittmaster Wrote: Anyone care to create a concise bullet list of what is "wrong" as of 12-3-2023 of things that are rated as critical, broken, needed, nice to have?

Hi @kittmaster!

Thanks for picking up the torch of maintaining this great skin. 

So far, it works fine with Kodi v21 (Omega), but it indeed has some details that would be great to fix, and one or two additions that would be greatly appreciated. 

This weekend I will be posting the "wish list"...

Thanks again, much appreciated!
Hi @kittmaster.

I have a list of "bugs" that I found in the skin and would be nice to have corrected, and some improvements that would be great to have added to the skin.

BUGS
1. Files Thumb Aspect Ratio should respect the image aspect ratio.
2. The TMDB button on the info screen is not working (movie/tv show level, season level, episode level).
3. Low List, at episode level, should display episode's thumb not TV Show's poster.

IMPROVEMENTS
4. Vertical Menu option.
5. Add to INFO SCREEN the cast (actors) count.
6. Add to INFO SCREEN, Actor's info level, an overlay to movies/tv shows displaying the year it was made, sorted from most recent to oldest.

@kittmaster, from my part that would be all, a good place to start and take this great skin to an optimal state.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Greetings,
(2023-12-10, 17:09)lynxstrike Wrote: Hi @kittmaster.

I have a list of "bugs" that I found in the skin and would be nice to have corrected, and some improvements that would be great to have added to the skin.

BUGS
1. Files Thumb Aspect Ratio should respect the image aspect ratio.
2. The TMDB button on the info screen is not working (movie/tv show level, season level, episode level).
3. Low List, at episode level, should display episode's thumb not TV Show's poster.

IMPROVEMENTS
4. Vertical Menu option.
5. Add to INFO SCREEN the cast (actors) count.
6. Add to INFO SCREEN, Actor's info level, an overlay to movies/tv shows displaying the year it was made, sorted from most recent to oldest.

@kittmaster, from my part that would be all, a good place to start and take this great skin to an optimal state.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Greetings,

Got it, I have several irons in the fire on multiple other non Kodi projects, I will have a look at these and see what I can do. I will need some guidance from anyone who in the know, how, exactly, do I "distribute" a test build? I don't exactly have a repository as I don't do this as a project dev nor do I intend to do this the rest of my natural life either.... but if this does work out where I can master it, this may be one exception...so I'll need some guidance.
I can say it will be a least a week or two before I begin a dive into this, but I will have a honest attempt and see where I land with it.

Your punch list is exactly what I was looking for and well executed with little ambiguity and will give clear direction, so kudos and thank you.

I will update status as I begin to move forward.

Also begs the question, does this warrant a new thread going forward?

Regards,
Chris
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2023-12-10, 20:43)kittmaster Wrote: how, exactly, do I "distribute" a test build?

IMHO, GitHub would do the job. Just fork Mr. V's repository and give it a new name (skin.madnox V.2.0 or something like that, giving credit to the original authors Smile). From there everybody who wishes to try it and debug and/or offer suggestions can do it.
(2023-12-10, 20:43)kittmaster Wrote: don't do this as a project dev nor do I intend to do this the rest of my natural life either

From Github later on, somebody can take up your torch and keep the project alive Smile
(2023-12-10, 20:43)kittmaster Wrote: I can say it will be a least a week or two before I begin a dive into this, but I will have a honest attempt and see where I land with it.

We have waited 2 years for an update... we can wait as long as you need Smile
(2023-12-10, 20:43)kittmaster Wrote: Also begs the question, does this warrant a new thread going forward?

@kittmaster
You can open a new thread with the name of your fork.

If I can help you with anything else just drop a line Smile
(2023-12-10, 20:43)kittmaster Wrote: kudos and thank you.

You are welcome Chris Smile

This is what I love the most about Kodi, the community. Together we can achieve great things.

Regards,
Oscar
Here is another bug. When linking movies to TV Shows, the info tabs are on top of each other

I use this skin on Omega V21 BETA 2, but this skin is no longer compatible with any future releases of kodi before Skinning Engine ABI is bumped to 5.17.0, dont know if there is an easy fix for this?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3174988

Also, on Omega, after you have choosen movie poster or any other art, you need to exit your library and the go in again for your new poster/fanart to show up.

The skin works OK for Omega, but occasionally Kodi just closes when scraping new movies/tv shows or sometimes browsing through my library.

Windows 11.
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)0