• 9(current)
Kodi loading add-ons incredibly slowly
(2022-11-05, 02:56)porsche356 Wrote:
(2022-10-30, 15:25)Icicled Wrote: Fortunately over on the Xbox Emulation Hub on Discord, user Gamr13 has uploaded the latest Kodi Matrix and Nexus Nightlies with the Xbox fix on his private store available for download on retail mode. I have tested it and its working fine on retail mode.

You will have to join the Xbox Emulation Hub group on Discord. Go on your Xbox's Microsoft Edge app and load up the discord page and go to retail-announcements and there will be 2 links for the latest Kodi Matrix and Nexus Nightlies. Once you click on the link it will take you to download the app.

I installed the Matrix one and confirmed it it working 100% fine on retail mode.
can you send me an invite link to the server  please thanks
https://discord.gg/s3Q5qP33, but all APP down now, waiting for upload
any news about this?

Thanks!
Helpful
(2022-10-03, 22:44)Hitcher Wrote:
(2022-10-03, 22:07)Meese77 Wrote: If you'd taken as much time to provide people with an update, as you did reply to me, then maybe people wouldn't be so frustrated.
We've already provided an update -
(2022-09-15, 11:30)Hitcher Wrote: We're aware of the problem but lack devs to look into it.
Helpful
Can we please release a fixed version on the store? Waiting ages takes its toll
Bruh, team kodi either ask for donations so you can fund a developer to help, or finish the project, people will happily donate, but neither is being done.
(2022-11-23, 21:02)tutu Wrote: Can we please release a fixed version on the store? Waiting ages takes its toll
It's being prepared.
(2022-11-28, 11:09)ScotTk Wrote: Bruh, team kodi either ask for donations so you can fund a developer to help, or finish the project, people will happily donate, but neither is being done.
We're not going to fund one developer when everyone else does this for free.
Anxiously awaiting fix.
Still so helpful to those looking for the app on the app store.  I get you guys are busy but Kodi for Xbox gets zero support.  People would gladly pay to get some help with this app now and again.  The app having issues for months is ridiculous
It’s not ideal, but let’s not forget this is a free product maintained by volunteers. I’m a bit frustrated too but at least we know a fix is coming.

Saying people would pay for help may well be true, but that doesn’t mean it’s actually something that can realistically happen.
As I see it, we are far from the position to support paid developers. The donations would have to increase dramatically.

And even if we could afford paid positions, surly one of the first jobs would be in the administrative sector of the project. Then, a coding position would be prioritised, focusing at the core. As for platform support, Android would be first instead of niche ones (like Xbox).

And on top, this ignores the resulting inequality towards voluntary contributions.

If you want to accelerate progress in areas you are interested in, make bug reports. Learn to bisect. Investigate issues. This frees up developer resources which might be utilised elsewhere.
Well I wasn't expecting this but v20-rc1 has been released on Xbox which also includes the python slow down fix.

Thanks team kodi x
Thanks for the fix team Kodi, everything works perfectly now.
Can confirm it's running much faster again. Appreciate the work, effort, and time put in
Just made an account to say thanks, please ignore the people being jerks demanding the world from a free project like this.

I did have some issues updating the app on a Series X. I had to uninstall entirely, then reboot my machine twice. After doing this everything is working fine, and my setup remained intact, both my scanned library and installed add-ons.

I was able to scan a show with a lot of episodes that kept crashing Kodi before the new release and it handled it with no issues.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi loading add-ons incredibly slowly0