• 9(current)
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's
Try setting your audio to 2.0 (I know it sounds weird, but it works). I had this problem and was advised to set it to this and it worked great. Passthrough works fine so your receiver will still put out 5.1 or whatever surround sound you're running.

If that doesn't help, check and see if you're getting navigation sounds and if you can play music MP3's.
RockDawg Wrote:Try setting your audio to 2.0 (I know it sounds weird, but it works). I had this problem and was advised to set it to this and it worked great. Passthrough works fine so your receiver will still put out 5.1 or whatever surround sound you're running.

If that doesn't help, check and see if you're getting navigation sounds and if you can play music MP3's.

I had the same issue even my receiver supports up to 7.1..
i fixed the no sound problem with some xvid/divx files. problem was on the one hand the mp3 support deactivation and on the other hand the hda iec985 audio output device. ich switched to only iec985 and sound worked.
McNugit Wrote:Hey Guys I need a bit of help... When I put the disc in i was greeted with the XBMC logo and 3 options Live,install,Boot OS From H.D.D.... When i clicked install to H.D.D I got
So I went and tried the other options, same thing.
After that I burned a 2nd disc, when that failed I tried Unetbootin which got to its menu but when a option was selected
So then i went back to the CD and tried C for command and tab for help then tried loading the kernel manually from the cd I got:
I have an Asus AT3N7A-I with the Intel Atom and Nvidia ION. I currently am running the old 9.10 installed from xbmc.org with driver updates and what not on a 4gb Flash Drive. Thanks in advance

I can't boot with the 10.x Live CD on my ASUS MB as well

Looks like the NIC driver does not load..

v14 CD works well without any issue
This release is very good! I'm loving it. The show stopper is that it seems impossible to get the ir sensor working in my Asrock ION330-HT. It seems like a lot of people have this problem but I thought I could figure it out. I've tried everything (been going at it for 6 hours) with no luck.

The person who can tell me what I should do would make me a very, ...very happy Bram Smile.

If I can't figure it out tonight I'll be trying Ubuntu 10.10, which is super fast and pretty stable. Maybe a newer kernel will allow me to install the driver.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:This release is very good! I'm loving it. The show stopper is that it seems impossible to get the ir sensor working in my Asrock ION330-HT. It seems like a lot of people have this problem but I thought I could figure it out. I've tried everything (been going at it for 6 hours) with no luck.

The person who can tell me what I should do would make me a very, ...very happy Bram Smile.

If I can't figure it out tonight I'll be trying Ubuntu 10.10, which is super fast and pretty stable. Maybe a newer kernel will allow me to install the driver.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=568...tcount=332
greetings, Stephan

Great that you're donating. Thanks Smile Nice to know someone is working on it.

I was hoping for a solution that would work today, but I guess I'll dust off my old MCE IR receiver Smile.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Please don't flame me to bad here, I was able to install this version but ran into problems.

I had previously had Ubuntu 10.04 desktop up and running and thats what I am comfortable with. this just boots right into XBMC when I exit out I am just left at a black screen, no desktop no options at all. is this the way its meant to be?

my 1TB hard drive was not mounted on boot thus I was not allowed to add any of my content from that drive to XBMC Video Library.

I really want to get SabNzbd set up, Couch Potato, and Sick Beard. but it seems with out a browsers I've no way to get those things working.

can some one help me out with thisHuh??

-=Jason=-
Is there a recommended method of updating to the 256 nvidia drivers?
ClayM Wrote:Is there a recommended method of updating to the 256 nvidia drivers?

this was the way it worked with my xbmc live version 9.11 repack:

login via putty-ssh

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential cdbs fakeroot dh-make debhelper debconf libstdc++6 dkms linux-headers-$(uname -r)
wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/256.35/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc-live stop
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

then follow the guided installation
Has there been a resolution to the wake on USB problem?

I have mine all set up perfectly, installation was flawless, SMB worked with no issue, installed chosen theme... just can't get wake on USB to work!

Have entered..

echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

and they are enabled but still not able to get it working.
It's a problem in the kernel. You need to revert to the previous kernel. This post explains how:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=566...stcount=10

I didn't need to reinstall the Nvidia driver like he mentions. Check out the full thread for an explanation. It looks like it should be fixed in the next kernel. But for now that work around does the trick.
RockDawg Wrote:It's a problem in the kernel. You need to revert to the previous kernel. This post explains how:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=566...stcount=10

I didn't need to reinstall the Nvidia driver like he mentions. Check out the full thread for an explanation. It looks like it should be fixed in the next kernel. But for now that work around does the trick.

Cheers!, thats what I like to see - nice, easy to follow instructions!

Did have to change a number in red to a 4 as I had a different version installed but it all now works.

Code:
sudo apt-get remove linux-image-2.6.32-2[color=red]3[/color]-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-2[color=red]3[/color]-generic
sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-22-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-22-generic

I checked my version number with the code posted in the first post of your thread

Code:
uname -r -v

Also, I too didn't need to reinstall the Nvidia drivers

Thanks again
Hi guys,

first of all I'm miserable that I didn't find a solution myself, although testing all sort of things. So I hope that someone here is willing to help me.

The problem is not exotic at all from the looks of it, i just can't figure out how to get HDMI audio to work. Sad

I have a ZOTAC Mag Mini (ZOTAC MAG HD-ND01), which is supposed to run fine with just the installation isn't it? However after like 10 clean installations of the latest live CD release (svn32178/Linux Kernel 2.6.32-24/Alsa 1.0.23) and several approaches in finding a solution, doing pretty much every step by step guide in any hdmi audio-thread, i still didn't manage do get it to work at all.

Here a few more infos:
zotac is connected via HDMI to Yamaha AV to TV (got picture, no sound though)

alsamixer:

in xbmc:
audio output set to HDMI
Speaker config: 5.1
DD capable receiver: yes
DTS capable receiver: yes
audio output device hdmi
passthrough: hdmi

in bios:
iGPU Frame buffer is set to auto (256)

btw. when i connect the zotac directly to the TV, i have sound fwiw...

At the moment I'm on a clean install once again and willing to do anything you tell me! Smile
What model yamaha?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's0