Win TV Shows Don't Have Seasons
Windows Explorer + VLC. Rofl Why don't use just use a VCR?
(2012-08-13, 18:12)clubwerks Wrote: Windows Explorer + VLC. Rofl Why don't use just use a VCR?

This is why

VS

It was a choice between functionality and looks and I chose functionality.
Yeah i can see it's really soooo much work adding SxxExx to a filename.....

So if you want to use some boring file explorer view no one is stopping you
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-13, 18:50)Martijn Wrote: Yeah i can see it's really soooo much work adding SxxExx to a filename.....

It's not about how hard it is (it isn't, a simple tag to filename is all I'd need.) it's more so that I worked hours tagging my collection for nothing. I'm fine the way things where and I don't see why you guys think you should criticize me for it.

Sorry for saying XBMC is stupid, it looks great. But I have not seen any functionality from it. Such an easy to add feature that is missing, of all the features to be missing, seeing a folder?!?
(2012-08-13, 18:54)JamzKroll Wrote: Such an easy to add feature that is missing, of all the features to be missing, seeing a folder?!?

If it was that easy it was already added long time ago. It has already been looked at iirc and it's not that simple. Saying things are so easy will get you easily flamed so be careful saying that.
You should name the episodes with a episode number like:

01 - Bonny &Mark.mp4

Then create the file advancedsettings.xml under:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata (Windows Vista/7)

insert the following XML schema into the the xml file:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Add the tv-series source to XMBC so that the name of the series is in the root folder like "The Dating guy"
Configure the tvdb.com scraper to make a reverse scanning within the source and hit "DVD order" if your ordering comes from the DVDs otherwise the scraper will use the aired ordered which can be different.

Than XBMC can find your series. It needs episode numbers within the file name.
Thanks but I think I'll stick too my old routine.
It is your decision but than you miss the banners, integration with XBMC remote and a lot more.
To create this xml file is not a very hard work and it gives you a great benefit.
(2012-08-13, 18:40)JamzKroll Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 18:12)clubwerks Wrote: Windows Explorer + VLC. Rofl Why don't use just use a VCR?

This is why

VS

It was a choice between functionality and looks and I chose functionality.

I think your comparison is more like this:

VS

I'll take looks and functionality! Just playing devil's advocate here...Angel
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I think your comparison is more like this:

VS

I'll take looks and functionality! Just playing devil's advocate here...Angel

[/quote]

That's your opinion, you have fun with it.

Quote:I'll take looks and functionality! Just playing devil's advocate here...Angel

So you'll take looks and functionality? Where from?

Why not use Media Center Master and have it tag all of your shows and create the xml's automatically.
Have been using this for years (even with WMC long time ago) and it works great.
(2012-08-13, 21:03)Clutchless Wrote: Why not use Media Center Master and have it tag all of your shows and create the xml's automatically.
Have been using this for years (even with WMC long time ago) and it works great.

Thanks, just tried it and got it all setup and "metafied" and the seasons still don't show which leads me to believe it has nothing to do with the file names or metadata, but with the software.
As has been pointed out - in order for the scraper to recognize your files, you MUST include season/episode numbers in your file name (or use complicated RegExp). No amount of metadata will get your files scraped without this key information. Try a bulk renamer.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-13, 21:33)thrak76 Wrote: As has been pointed out - in order for the scraper to recognize your files, you MUST include season/episode numbers in your file name (or use complicated RegExp). No amount of metadata will get your files scraped without this key information. Try a bulk renamer.

That's why I used Media Center Master. Why won't a simple season show up?!??!? Seems like a super stupid requirements to have your TV folder uglied up just for a media center. The other ones work, it's just XBMC!
Yeah I really hate it when a filename looks ugly by adding an episode number..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Don't Have Seasons0