• 20(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
(2012-08-13, 15:13)Paul Salem Wrote: Also, I was finally able to work for some time with the reAlaska OSD. The issue with the moving posters that Pat reported some time ago should be gone already in this version.

Also I have removed the blue glow on top of the now playing/info OSD. I think it looks more coherent without it for the reAlaska themes. xperience1080 OSD never had it as it was designed to be all black.
If anyone misses it, just let me know and I will add a setting to include it.

Thanks for the bug fixes on my reAlaska OSD Paul ! I know the code was a bit messy, but i never took the time to properly fix it ! As for the blue glow, it never bothered me but i won't miss it..still, an option to activate it could be nice, as it make the OSD appear less "flat".. IMHO Wink

Speaking of flat, i just noticed a bug : on the slide view, the shadow overlay is missing since v0.77 :

Also, the watched overlays are a bit misaligned on the bottom (2/3 pixels)

End of bug report Cool

Edit : one last thing, could it be possible to reinclude somehow the nice shadow on the gallery view ? I really miss it ! Angel

My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
Hey,
Great work guys! It's coming along so nicely.

Here are a few requests, bugs and some feed back Smile
*Media that is NOT scanned into the library (files/streaming media etc) display posters that are way out of position, I'll post a screen shot ASAP, but basically for any tv/movie or media in general that is not scanned into the library, the posters are out of position and look very bad.

*I am pleased to see the dammed blue glow removed. However, I would like to see the transparency increased of the Alaskadark theme OSD to make it more... Eh... Transparent Smile this, will help make it feel less flat.

*When using the Alaska theme (not alaskadark) and scanning my library, I can not see the % (as it is white on white) could the percentage counter be changed to a black/blue/grey colour perhaps?

*I have confirmed that the bug related to the count down clock is indeed related to dirty regions, so that's an xbmc issue not you guys... So I'll see if I can figure a way around that Smile

*is there any way to create flags for content That is DTS-ES encoded etc.. My DTS-ES 6.1 discreet blurays (such as top gun) only display as DTS in the "movie info" section... Can a flag be created for these?
My Dolby TrueHD rips are recognised fine, I think my DTS/HD/MA etc are all ok, it's just my DTS-ES files are not recognised as such Sad

*@Sabish,
Could/would you consider doing your theme in additional colours?
I really do prefer your overall changes, but I do like the original colour scheme (at times) but when I select default theme, with realaska font, it still gives me the ugly pointer on the home screen (see below):

}------

If you could make a few more ReAlaska colours (in your re-imagining) I'd be super happy.

Other than that,
So far so good guys.
I'd say I love you ... But ... Oh god dammit! I can't keep it in... I love you guys Big Grin xxxx

Ps
I also agree that the shadows should be returned as they make a huge difference to the "feel" of the gallery.

Best skin in my opinion. Thanks.

Any plans regarding the official repo (or your own repo to support updates)?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
This skin has eally picked up some speed and its looking great. Since I dont know a thing about skinning and coding I really appreciate what you have done here and dont want to request stuff etc but maybe I just could ask if some things have been considered...

1. Media icons. Any plans/discussions on including source icons (blu-ray, hdtv, dvd etc), audio codecs (DD, DTS, pcm), tv/movie ratings (ma, pg, nc17), aspect.... It could be nice having this displayed in the library views beside the existing studio and resolution icon.

2. Main menu. I was browsing through the reAlaska thread and saw this image mockup for the home menu. Any plans on including something like that?

3. Recently added on main menu. Sometimes a small widget for recenly added is great for just browsing to the latest episode or movie added. Maybe something like the reFocus mod mixed with the Aeon Nox widget?

I´m well aware that there is no benefits in added to much things if the snappiness of the skin is affected and you also must take into consideration other aspects but it would be interesting to hear if this have been considered.
Hi Paul!
I found a bug in 077 (was present also in 075, I don't know if also before that): using deck view and showing the option menu (c key on the keyboard) hides title and genres of the selected item. In the same way, when playing a movie and the re-entering the view (again, using deck view) title and genres of the playing movie are not visible anymore, both in selected and unselected conditions. I guess the problem is the same for option menu and playing movie, with the difference that you can't show the option menu when an item is not selected Wink
for the tv shows poster instead of clearart, can you make it look for poster.jpg OR folder.jpg if poster.jpg isn't there? everything is folder.jpg on my server, even my movies. but my movie posters work fine. the tv shows just display the screenshot of the episode.
Maybe it's just my setup but when i exit from library to home, it takes a few seconds to display the home screen (i get a black screen meanwhile), this doesn't happen with other skins, someone have some ideas about it?
(2012-08-15, 09:56)ZIOLele Wrote: Maybe it's just my setup but when i exit from library to home, it takes a few seconds to display the home screen (i get a black screen meanwhile), this doesn't happen with other skins, someone have some ideas about it?

It must be something related to your setup, it works quite fast here, actually faster than any of the other skins I have.
Have you tried other versions of the skin? On the google code site of the skin, there should be some of the previous releases.
Paul, Sabish
What's the possibility of adding an additional switch for a "lite" realaska Pause OSD?
Where upon the only things displayed on the Pause OSD are the poster, progress bar, start finish time (in top right) leaving the main "info" OSD in tact.

This would allow us to select between a minimalist look (for satellite machines, ipads/iPods/net books etc) and a full detailed view (for my main 55" HTPC room) Big Grin

Just an idea, may or may not even be possible Smile

I'm about to move over to frodo alpha 3 on my main room HTPC, so I'll report back how that goes invade of any compatibility issues.

@paul,
I've been trying to figure out a way to stop the dirty regions issue with the count clock when displaying a static screen and playing an mp3.

This is easily replicated by doing the following.
Adding dirty regions to your advancedsettings and setting it to switch 3
Then add the obligatory nofliptimeout and set this to 0

Restart xbmc

Now go to an mp3 and select play.
Notice that the count down clock will appear and will probably function correctly at this time.
Now navigate back to a screen (I use the home screen) that is completely static, no rotating fanart, no background images changing, no video overlays playing, no scrolling text etc and you will see tht the clock freezes!

I've tried all the dirty regions options and nofliptimeout options and nothing resovles the issue...

So....

I was thinking.
For movies we currently allow "Play video in background" as an option.
So is it therefore possible to add a switch saying "play milk drop in background on mp3" or similar?
This will cause the screen to refresh and therefore resolve the clock issue, plus Alaska used to do this so is in keeping with the theme, plus it will look sweeeeat Smile

Again, jut spit balling and trying to come up with ideas that may help or be useful.
If not no worries as its by no means a show stopper and does only affect certain users with DR enabled and almost all fanart, scrolling text (rss) etc disabled. So that's probably only me lol Big Grin

Thanks again for this skin,
And I agree with the the sentiment earlier that the support round here has been incredible, it's such a friendly, supportive thread to visit!

(2012-08-15, 12:23)PatrickBateman Wrote: Paul, Sabish
What's the possibility of adding an additional switch for a "lite" realaska Pause OSD?
Where upon the only things displayed on the Pause OSD are the poster, progress bar, start finish time (in top right) leaving the main "info" OSD in tact.

This would allow us to select between a minimalist look (for satellite machines, ipads/iPods/net books etc) and a full detailed view (for my main 55" HTPC room) Big Grin

YES! i'd suggest cut out the plot description and keep everything else.
(2012-08-13, 17:16)Sabish Wrote: Thanks for the bug fixes on my reAlaska OSD Paul ! I know the code was a bit messy, but i never took the time to properly fix it ! As for the blue glow, it never bothered me but i won't miss it..still, an option to activate it could be nice, as it make the OSD appear less "flat".. IMHO Wink

Thanks mate! I have added an option to display the glow on top of OSD, besides now you can choose between gray and black as well.

(2012-08-13, 17:16)Sabish Wrote: Speaking of flat, i just noticed a bug : on the slide view, the shadow overlay is missing since v0.77 :

End of bug report Cool

Both items have been fixed already on git.

(2012-08-13, 17:16)Sabish Wrote: Edit : one last thing, could it be possible to reinclude somehow the nice shadow on the gallery view ? I really miss it ! Angel

The shade on the gallery view is now back as requested Smile

(2012-08-13, 19:16)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hey,
Great work guys! It's coming along so nicely.

Here are a few requests, bugs and some feed back Smile
*Media that is NOT scanned into the library (files/streaming media etc) display posters that are way out of position, I'll post a screen shot ASAP, but basically for any tv/movie or media in general that is not scanned into the library, the posters are out of position and look very bad.

This should have been already fixed on git as well.

(2012-08-13, 19:16)PatrickBateman Wrote: *@Sabish,
Could/would you consider doing your theme in additional colours?
I really do prefer your overall changes, but I do like the original colour scheme (at times) but when I select default theme, with realaska font, it still gives me the ugly pointer on the home screen (see below):

}------

I have added an option to select the reAlaska menu select pointer on home menu.
With this, you can have the same reAlaska pointer on other themes, aside from the reAlaska ones.

(2012-08-13, 20:28)tripkip Wrote: Best skin in my opinion. Thanks.

Any plans regarding the official repo (or your own repo to support updates)?

Thanks a lot. It is indeed on the plan to create our own repo to push new releases.

(2012-08-14, 09:13)NiklasK Wrote: 1. Media icons. Any plans/discussions on including source icons (blu-ray, hdtv, dvd etc), audio codecs (DD, DTS, pcm), tv/movie ratings (ma, pg, nc17), aspect.... It could be nice having this displayed in the library views beside the existing studio and resolution icon.

2. Main menu. I was browsing through the reAlaska thread and saw this image mockup for the home menu. Any plans on including something like that?

3. Recently added on main menu. Sometimes a small widget for recenly added is great for just browsing to the latest episode or movie added. Maybe something like the reFocus mod mixed with the Aeon Nox widget?

I´m well aware that there is no benefits in added to much things if the snappiness of the skin is affected and you also must take into consideration other aspects but it would be interesting to hear if this have been considered.

All these items you have mentioned will be addressed on the reFocus reLoaded project.
But we can eventually merge some of the changes in BIG if we consider that it could help to improve the current reFocus experience.

(2012-08-14, 13:00)zeppy Wrote: Hi Paul!
I found a bug in 077 (was present also in 075, I don't know if also before that): using deck view and showing the option menu (c key on the keyboard) hides title and genres of the selected item. In the same way, when playing a movie and the re-entering the view (again, using deck view) title and genres of the playing movie are not visible anymore, both in selected and unselected conditions. I guess the problem is the same for option menu and playing movie, with the difference that you can't show the option menu when an item is not selected Wink

Thanks! I will check on this.

(2012-08-14, 19:10)wolfbiker Wrote: for the tv shows poster instead of clearart, can you make it look for poster.jpg OR folder.jpg if poster.jpg isn't there? everything is folder.jpg on my server, even my movies. but my movie posters work fine. the tv shows just display the screenshot of the episode.

I will check on this too. Initially, it should not be a problem.

(2012-08-15, 09:56)ZIOLele Wrote: Maybe it's just my setup but when i exit from library to home, it takes a few seconds to display the home screen (i get a black screen meanwhile), this doesn't happen with other skins, someone have some ideas about it?

Can you please provide a full log to check?

(2012-08-15, 12:23)PatrickBateman Wrote: I'm about to move over to frodo alpha 3 on my main room HTPC, so I'll report back how that goes invade of any compatibility issues.

Thanks Pat.

(2012-08-15, 12:23)PatrickBateman Wrote: @paul,
I've been trying to figure out a way to stop the dirty regions issue with the count clock when displaying a static screen and playing an mp3.

This is easily replicated by doing the following.
Adding dirty regions to your advancedsettings and setting it to switch 3
Then add the obligatory nofliptimeout and set this to 0

Restart xbmc

Now go to an mp3 and select play.
Notice that the count down clock will appear and will probably function correctly at this time.
Now navigate back to a screen (I use the home screen) that is completely static, no rotating fanart, no background images changing, no video overlays playing, no scrolling text etc and you will see tht the clock freezes!

I've tried all the dirty regions options and nofliptimeout options and nothing resovles the issue...

So....

I was thinking.
For movies we currently allow "Play video in background" as an option.
So is it therefore possible to add a switch saying "play milk drop in background on mp3" or similar?
This will cause the screen to refresh and therefore resolve the clock issue, plus Alaska used to do this so is in keeping with the theme, plus it will look sweeeeat Smile

Again, jut spit balling and trying to come up with ideas that may help or be useful.
If not no worries as its by no means a show stopper and does only affect certain users with DR enabled and almost all fanart, scrolling text (rss) etc disabled. So that's probably only me lol Big Grin

Thanks again for this skin,
And I agree with the the sentiment earlier that the support round here has been incredible, it's such a friendly, supportive thread to visit!

I will look into this as well.

(2012-08-15, 14:07)wolfbiker Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 12:23)PatrickBateman Wrote: Paul, Sabish

YES! i'd suggest cut out the plot description and keep everything else.

I can certainly create a lite reAlaska Pause OSD without the info to make it cleaner, keeping the plot info for the Info screen.

All the changes and bug fixes I have mentioned have been already pushed to git.
I will add them to the next release.
you're the best!
(2012-08-15, 17:41)wolfbiker Wrote: you're the best!

Isn't he just!
That is one beast of post from Paul!
He is a complete legend!
That post should be stickyd on every forum on the internets, as an example of "you're doing it right" Big Grin

Its a testament to just how great this thread is!

Thanks Paul Smile
(2012-08-15, 17:25)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 17:16)Sabish Wrote: Speaking of flat, i just noticed a bug : on the slide view, the shadow overlay is missing since v0.77 :

End of bug report Cool

Both items have been fixed already on git.

I haven't checked the git yet, but I noticed that in 077 the watched overlays are all misaligned except in list and thumbnail views (in thumbnail it may be off by 1px, but it could just be my eyes not working very well Big Grin)

(2012-08-15, 17:25)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 17:16)Sabish Wrote: Edit : one last thing, could it be possible to reinclude somehow the nice shadow on the gallery view ? I really miss it ! Angel

The shade on the gallery view is now back as requested Smile

I guess this was my fault Angel but I agree, the full shadow version looks better. In case you want to try something, here you can find a version I modified in order to remove the "cutoff" at top and bottom, while trying to maintain as much as possible the amount of shadow like in the original: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1h97oguwri3og1d...y.png?dl=1
I'm getting the generic picture (needle on a turntable) when viewing albums by the 'slide' view rather than the album cover itself. The album cover shows as normal in the other view choices.

I don't know if it's something fixable, and i suspect it's been the case since the original skin, but when viewing an album in list view, the album cover isn't square, but it's cuts off the left and right sides a little.

Also, no matter what i do or what options i select in the OSD settings, i am never getting that xperience view as shown previously. I always try and use the latest git version. Possibly something wrong with my installation?

• 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615