• 10(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
(2012-08-20, 23:17)chricke Wrote: Yes, it seems to be tegra 2 - perhaps i will test it instead on samsung galaxy s2 and a few other mobile phones i have available...

The XDA link in my previous post has a version that works on the tegra 2 devices.
I saw that - but i want to build the apk myself and will use the one i build now. I will try the version from the repos behind the link later.
is there a list of working plugins available? at least the myvideo.de video plugin does not work properly (no video playback).
(2012-08-22, 09:48)chricke Wrote: is there a list of working plugins available? at least the myvideo.de video plugin does not work properly (no video playback).

Everything in repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-22, 09:48)chricke Wrote: is there a list of working plugins available? at least the myvideo.de video plugin does not work properly (no video playback).

I am maintaining a list on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1813089) with the various plugins people have reported feedback on.
PseudoTV addon works, but not reliably enough to be usable. It is slow and often either locks up XBMC or causes it to reboot.
Anybody got it working on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"? I got a neon build off of the xda thread. It installed fine and starts up without issue, but once running it's very flaky. I have trouble getting off the home screen and the only category I can seem to drill down through is Settings. Everything else just seems to do nothing when I tap/click it, even the weather.

I realize that this is still (pre)alpha stage, just looking for anyone else using the same hardware. I checked the xda thread and couldn't find anyone using the Samsung tablet.
I know im thick but is this release going to be for Android Phones, Android TV Set top boxes or Android Tablets ?

I thought Android was Android regardless of the pyshical device but also I cant see the download in the google play store or anywhere else ?

Im Confused, my brain hurts! Im new to android by the way
(2012-08-30, 19:03)smith99 Wrote: I know im thick but is this release going to be for Android Phones, Android TV Set top boxes or Android Tablets ?

I thought Android was Android regardless of the pyshical device
It will be for everything Android with the right hardware (i.e. no Tegra2 Wink ).
Although it can't be done for GoogleTV as of now since the NDK is missing on there (but Google promised that it will be there at some point...)

Quote:but also I cant see the download in the google play store or anywhere else ?
If you bothered to read the blog post, or this thread, or any other thread in this subsection you'd know that there are no official, public builds are available. And it isn't in Play as of yet, since we are running very, very preeeeeeeeeee-alpha.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

thanks Henry, I actually did read the blog post, but you cant dangle something as tempting as XBMC for my mobile without me going mad to grab a copy. The team ought to realise that now its been outed that were all chomping at the bit, even if its pre pre alpha, we must see it, even if it doesnt really work too well, we really want to see it. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase
(2012-08-30, 19:23)smith99 Wrote: thanks Henry, I actually did read the blog post, but you cant dangle something as tempting as XBMC for my mobile without me going mad to grab a copy. The team ought to realise that now its been outed that were all chomping at the bit, even if its pre pre alpha, we must see it, even if it doesnt really work too well, we really want to see it. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

If you search hard enough there are apk's released in the wild. Some are even publishing regular updates...
(2012-08-30, 19:09)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 19:03)smith99 Wrote: I thought Android was Android regardless of the pyshical device
It will be for everything Android with the right hardware (i.e. no Tegra2 Wink ).
What you mean no Tegra2? It runs fine on my Asus TF101...

smith99 Wrote:Although it can't be done for GoogleTV as of now since the NDK is missing on there (but Google promised that it will be there at some point...)

I can't wait till Google releases the NDK. It would be so awesome to actually have an all in one TV with xbmc, especially if I look at the tasty new Google TVs presented at the IFA in Berlin. No dongles sticking out of the device anymore and just the streamlined xbmc experience. Oh - good times Laugh
(2012-08-31, 09:58)tboheeren Wrote: What you mean no Tegra2? It runs fine on my Asus TF101...

There is no official support for the tegra2 devices. See the wiki....
(2012-08-31, 09:58)tboheeren Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 19:09)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 19:03)smith99 Wrote: I thought Android was Android regardless of the pyshical device
What you mean no Tegra2? It runs fine on my Asus TF101...

Where did u get the apk? Can u pm me pls
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2