• 34(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 (deprecated)
(2012-09-03, 19:21)CaptainKen Wrote: How do you clear all of the media in the same library type such as Movies from the library without loosing settings?

I see that I can right click on each and choose "Remove From Library" to delete them but I want to do them all. Somehow I got a lot of duplicate entries and Clean Library didn't fix it.

If you want to clear them and start again, your need to 'remove source' from video > files I think. Then it will ask you if you want to clear all items from said source. I can't remember exactly without checking Confused
Anyone else keep getting repeated "Alarm Clock Cancelled with 0m7s left" notifications?

I'm don't have an alarm clock add on, so I'm assuming that some built-in features use an auto-update feature and it is what is causing the error.

The only way I can get the notification to stop popping up is by using a different skin or by using the default background for TV Shows and Movies home screens, rather than set to use the latest episode and latest movie backgrounds (which is my preference). Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I recently updated from an older version of Aeon Nox and I like some of the recent improvements, but this notification is really starting to annoy me.
Hey big noir did a test of the recent frodo-pre branch. Everything seems good except omr bug. When I play music and am in full screen visuals after I skip one song the artist info metadata in the middle of the screen disappears. At least for me when playing a smartplaylist. Also if you play the playlist by highlighting it and selecting play from the context menu album thumbs don't update they always show default album thumb. Sorry for bad grammar typing with my nexus 7. So to recap artist metadata disaapearing in artist extra info and thumb a not loading if you play a playlist a certain way. I can post logs if needed when I'm by a pc
@pricinosus: You can set fixed list for submenu in home menu customizer to resolve this.

@GrendelJapan: Just tried a few combos, but can't reproduce. It would be a help to me if you could post the contents of your skinsettings section in the guisettings.xml.

@Hack_kid: I can't reproduce the missing thumbs problem, but I doubt it is a skin specific problem. Same goes for the artist info, that is likely a script fault, we only call the script and display the infolabels, nothing we can fix whn it doesnt work after a few songs.
Am having the same trouble as GrendelJapan getting repeated "Alarm Clock Cancelled with 0m7s left" notifications and CPU usage of XBMC seems to have shot up to 100% (although I suspect the high CPU useage issue is addon/plugin related).

I have had to switch back to confluence for now which is disappointing as Aeon Nox is my preferred skin.

I can't post the Aeon.Nox entries from skinsettings section of guisettings.xml as there too many to quote in a forum post.

Thanks in advance for any help and for maintaining a great skin.

(2012-09-04, 14:11)adr3nal1n Wrote: Am having the same trouble as GrendelJapan getting repeated "Alarm Clock Cancelled with 0m7s left" notifications and CPU usage of XBMC seems to have shot up to 100% (although I suspect the high CPU useage issue is addon/plugin related).

I have had to switch back to confluence for now which is disappointing as Aeon Nox is my preferred skin.

I can't post the Aeon.Nox entries from skinsettings section of guisettings.xml as there too many to quote in a forum post.

My bad, I meant post on pastebin or xbmclogs.
(2012-09-03, 20:03)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 19:21)CaptainKen Wrote: How do you clear all of the media in the same library type such as Movies from the library without loosing settings?

I see that I can right click on each and choose "Remove From Library" to delete them but I want to do them all. Somehow I got a lot of duplicate entries and Clean Library didn't fix it.

If you want to clear them and start again, your need to 'remove source' from video > files I think. Then it will ask you if you want to clear all items from said source. I can't remember exactly without checking Confused

Thank you Deano316 for your advice.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2012-09-04, 14:25)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 14:11)adr3nal1n Wrote: Am having the same trouble as GrendelJapan getting repeated "Alarm Clock Cancelled with 0m7s left" notifications and CPU usage of XBMC seems to have shot up to 100% (although I suspect the high CPU useage issue is addon/plugin related).

skinsettings entries from guisettings.xml here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7909

Thanks again.
(2012-09-04, 11:07)Big_Noid Wrote: @pricinosus: You can set fixed list for submenu in home menu customizer to resolve this.

@GrendelJapan: Just tried a few combos, but can't reproduce. It would be a help to me if you could post the contents of your skinsettings section in the guisettings.xml.

@Hack_kid: I can't reproduce the missing thumbs problem, but I doubt it is a skin specific problem. Same goes for the artist info, that is likely a script fault, we only call the script and display the infolabels, nothing we can fix whn it doesnt work after a few songs.

OK good to know. What script exactly does it call? Maybe there is an updated version for it like randomitems ? I thought it just pulled that info from the database? It uses a script to do that? The skin doesn'tscall it directly? Were on the same page here right? The exra artist info that pops up in full screen vis? It has the upcoming tracks to the right extra artist images to the left and the scraped artist info in the middle
(2012-09-04, 18:09)adr3nal1n Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 14:25)Big_Noid Wrote:

Thanks again.

I dont think thats all the entries, please post the entire section <skinsettings>
(2012-09-04, 18:33)Hack_kid Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 11:07)Big_Noid Wrote: @pricinosus: You can set fixed list for submenu in home menu customizer to resolve this.

OK good to know. What script exactly does it call? Maybe there is an updated version for it like randomitems ? I thought it just pulled that info from the database? It uses a script to do that? The skin doesn'tscall it directly? Were on the same page here right? The exra artist info that pops up in full screen vis? It has the upcoming tracks to the right extra artist images to the left and the scraped artist info in the middle
yep, script.artistslideshow. See first post for link to thread.
Hi all

I've two little issues but I'm not sure they are skin related.

FIRST :

I'm using the "Random Episodes" Background to personalize my main menu for 2 personalised menu : TV-Shows and TV-Shows Kids.
Both menus corresponds to separate video playlists with TV shows, for parents and for kids.

I realised that one of the kid's show was missing the fanart.jpg file inside the folder corresponding to the show so sometimes (when the "random episodes" widget decides so) I have a blank fanart.
I added the fanart.jpg file in the right place and restart XBMC but the background remains blank.
I suppose the image is stored somewhere in a cache folder but can't find out where.

SECOND :

For music, I'm using the "Random Albums" widget and the "Live CD cases" background and it works fine. My question is that : why do I don't have any info displayed in the middle of the view, dispite I have an album.nfo file for each album containing info.
Here are two screenshots to understand :

Blank space :

but the info exists :

Thanks for your help and for your incredible work !
(2012-09-04, 23:56)rolapinou Wrote: Hi all

I've two little issues but I'm not sure they are skin related.

FIRST :

I'm using the "Random Episodes" Background to personalize my main menu for 2 personalised menu : TV-Shows and TV-Shows Kids.
Both menus corresponds to separate video playlists with TV shows, for parents and for kids.

I realised that one of the kid's show was missing the fanart.jpg file inside the folder corresponding to the show so sometimes (when the "random episodes" widget decides so) I have a blank fanart.
I added the fanart.jpg file in the right place and restart XBMC but the background remains blank.
I suppose the image is stored somewhere in a cache folder but can't find out where.

SECOND :

For music, I'm using the "Random Albums" widget and the "Live CD cases" background and it works fine. My question is that : why do I don't have any info displayed in the middle of the view, dispite I have an album.nfo file for each album containing info.
Here are two screenshots to understand :

Blank space :

but the info exists :

Thanks for your help and for your incredible work !
first one: you can set fanart by using info dialog.
second one: should be fixed now on git.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'm having an issue where the live DVD covers for TV shows only shows covers for whatever shows I've just watched. Isn't there a way to set it to show random TV shows kind of like how movies are shown? Here's an example:

thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Just a thought....shoot me down if you please, still the best skin around....I downloaded these awesome movie disc arts and I can only use them in a couple views. How about adding them to the movie info screen, in the top right? I don't think anything else is there, and might add a little change to the info screen while adding some more artwork?

Again just a thought. Thanks for listening

Smile
(2012-09-04, 19:32)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 18:09)adr3nal1n Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 14:25)Big_Noid Wrote: My bad, I meant post on pastebin or xbmclogs.

Thanks again.

I dont think thats all the entries, please post the entire section <skinsettings>
(2012-09-04, 18:33)Hack_kid Wrote:

yep, script.artistslideshow. See first post for link to thread.

Hi Big Noid,

Your suspicions around the guisettings.xml were right. I renamed guisettings.xml to guisettings.OLD, I then deleted the addons folder in my /home/.xbmc folder and rebooted so that xbmc recreated a new default guisettings.xml and a new clean addons folder in my /home/.xbmc folder. I then reinstalled aeon nox via the addons menu (which then brought in the all its required dependency addons) and set everything up as I had it before and all is now working correctly again without the alarm clock messages displaying on screen. The other issue I had with 100% CPU usage has also now gone as this seem to be related to use of the Unversal Scraper for Album information and Artisits. I am now using the AllmusicDB scraper instead.

Thanks again for maintaining a great skin!

(2012-09-05, 05:43)ghostelement Wrote: Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'm having an issue where the live DVD covers for TV shows only shows covers for whatever shows I've just watched. Isn't there a way to set it to show random TV shows kind of like how movies are shown? Here's an example:

Hi Ghostelement,

How do you enable that view on the main menu with your tv shows appearing in DVD covers? It looks cool.

Thanks very much for your help.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 (deprecated)4