• 90(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
It is set as optical/coax, this is the debug log:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1287682/
iec958:CARD=CMI8770,DEV=0

this should be the correct one
I get no sound when using the 958 option, only AC3/DTS passthrough
As You can easily select the device from the list, try all of them - no ideas left.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I've been messing around with asound.conf and trying different stuff, rebooting several times, then suddenly it started working, And ofcourse I have no idea why. My best bet is that changing device did not work without restart of xbmc/reboot. I know you don't need to restart, but the fact that xbmc actually crashed while changing, tells me maybe a restart might not be a bad idea.

Thanks for help and suggestions !
@fritsch/wsnipex Hope this is the right place.. I have looked at the crop code for the 1920x1088 line issues and I think it makes sense now thanks to fritsch's pointers. My laptop Xubuntu 12.04-32 is an intel i5/hd3000 which is not going to use XVBA. So to test cropping I am not sure which fxn to mod for the intel lappy. It BARELY shows the problem anyway, so I think my issue is AMD/XVBA on linux. I can compile the file using wsnipex ppa for my intel laptop and git from post #1. I think I must debug on the target- a pokeyish A4 3400 but I do not want gork my stable wsnipex EDEN install on it if possible. Aside from backup my user folder. Any warnings? Also for the git should I still use the git listed on post #1? the taglib1x8 was the only *REAL* tricky part.. It worked for my laptop. Or can I build on the intel laptop (faster?) and simply copy the new bin to the linux box to test? Sorry, I build exe's and m/c bin's, mostly. TIA
As long as you don't compile with cpu specific optimisations(not default), you can compile on the laptop and copy over the result to your AMD box.
The taglib package is not really needed if you compile from source, you can also use the xbmc supplied taglib in lib/taglib, which is exactly the same.

If you backup your .xbmc folder, you should be good. You also don't even need to uninstall the Eden package, if you compiled your own version with a different prefix then /usr. Default prefix is /usr/local

the Git repo from post #1 is still valid ofc
@gfisher:
For easy debugging, i suggest you using an IDE and run the binary via "remote debugging". I can give you some hints over the WE on irc - the procedure is not that straight forward. this would save you from copiing stuff and recompiling all over the time.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-10-12, 16:30)fritsch Wrote: @gfisher:
Press the Screenshot Button Smile must be print or something

You must have Ubuntu 12.04 installed (check with lsb_release -a) - it won't work on oneiric
@guilmxm:
it is much easier as you think,

wget the original.tar.gz file
wget the debian.tar.gz file

extract the original.tar.gz file
extract the debian.tar.gz file

and simply run out of this folder: dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc (conflicts must be solved via apt-get install missing_package_name)

Code:
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
mkdir fglrx
cd fglrx
wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/restricted/f/fglrx-installer/fglrx-installer_9.000.orig.tar.gz
wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/restricted/f/fglrx-installer/fglrx-installer_9.000-0ubuntu3.debian.tar.gz
tar xvfz fglrx-installer_9.000.orig.tar.gz
tar xvfz fglrx-installer_9.000-0ubuntu3.debian.tar.gz
mv *.tar.gz ../
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc

Don't forget to enable Level51, Underscan and stuff again, also quit lightdm before.

This is nice, but much easier to do.
1) add in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ file quantal.list , add 2 lines:
deb-src http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal main restricted multiverse
deb-src http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal-updates main restricted multiverse
2) apt-get update
3) apt-get build-dep fglrx-installer ( install all build dependecies )
4) apt-get source fglrx-installer -b
install en build package.
and you have your deb files.
and easy to update again if a newier quantal version is released.

greetz,

Louis
I updated yesterday, I'm using testing branch, trying to adjust the "zoom amount" in the OSD doesn't do anything. Just looking for confirmation, let me know if you'd like more info.
(2012-10-19, 13:02)thctlo Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 16:30)fritsch Wrote: @gfisher:
Press the Screenshot Button Smile must be print or something

You must have Ubuntu 12.04 installed (check with lsb_release -a) - it won't work on oneiric
@guilmxm:
it is much easier as you think,

wget the original.tar.gz file
wget the debian.tar.gz file

extract the original.tar.gz file
extract the debian.tar.gz file

and simply run out of this folder: dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc (conflicts must be solved via apt-get install missing_package_name)

Code:
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
mkdir fglrx
cd fglrx
wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/restricted/f/fglrx-installer/fglrx-installer_9.000.orig.tar.gz
wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/restricted/f/fglrx-installer/fglrx-installer_9.000-0ubuntu3.debian.tar.gz
tar xvfz fglrx-installer_9.000.orig.tar.gz
tar xvfz fglrx-installer_9.000-0ubuntu3.debian.tar.gz
mv *.tar.gz ../
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc

Don't forget to enable Level51, Underscan and stuff again, also quit lightdm before.

This is nice, but much easier to do.
1) add in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ file quantal.list , add 2 lines:
deb-src http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal main restricted multiverse
deb-src http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal-updates main restricted multiverse
2) apt-get update
3) apt-get build-dep fglrx-installer ( install all build dependecies )
4) apt-get source fglrx-installer -b
install en build package.
and you have your deb files.
and easy to update again if a newier quantal version is released.

greetz,

Louis

This is not a good idea, cause your next update, will fetch a lot of quantal dependencies ... especially the apt-get build-dep command must upgrade all your installed xorg-server, as the dev package needs it.

I would not suggest this way.

@wsnipex thanks for the bkup and compile tips. I will try this weekend.
@fritsch. I really prefer an IDE but leaf pad is fine enough to test cropping. An IDE with fast debugging would be great. The building of the project takes quite long. Silly ?. What is WE?
Quote:What is WE?
week end Smile
(2012-05-02, 22:37)fritsch Wrote: @weemaaan
create the file /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla
with the following content:
Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesktop.udisks.*
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

And to make it complete, if you want to mount and umount usb sticks, that are connected during a xbmc sessions
do:
Code:
sudo adduser xbmc users

and create the file /etc/udev/rules.d/11-media-by-label-auto-mount.rules
Code:
# Start at sdb to avoid system harddrive.
KERNEL!="sd[b-z][0-9]", GOTO="media_by_label_auto_mount_end"

# Import FS infos
IMPORT{program}="/sbin/blkid -o udev -p %N"

# Get a label if present, otherwise specify one
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}!="", ENV{dir_name}="%E{ID_FS_LABEL}"
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="", ENV{dir_name}="usbhd-%k"

# Global mount options
ACTION=="add", ENV{mount_options}="relatime"
# Filesystem-specific mount options
ACTION=="add", ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}=="vfat|ntfs", ENV{mount_options}="$env{mount_options},utf8,gid=100,umask=002"

# Mount the device
ACTION=="add", RUN+="/bin/mkdir -p /media/%E{dir_name}", RUN+="/bin/mount -o $env{mount_options} /dev/%k /media/%E{dir_name}"

# Clean up after removal
ACTION=="remove", ENV{dir_name}!="", RUN+="/bin/umount -l /media/%E{dir_name}", RUN+="/bin/rmdir /media/%E{dir_name}"

# Exit
LABEL="media_by_label_auto_mount_end"

Now Reboot.

Shutdown, logout, suspend, etc. should be fine afterwards. Also mounting and umount of usb drives should now be possible.

@wsnipex:
Perhaps we should add this into the howto? As the polkit console commands are not there anymore?

This may be old but, just installed minimal Ubuntu + XBMC and with this, I only get usb mounting when I plug the usb in, if its plugged in during boot it wont show up!

Is there something that should be installed in Ubuntu minimal? (e.g. automount or autofs perhpas something else, usbmount doesnt work either with or without this.

TIA

uNi
(2012-10-20, 19:43)uNiversal Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 22:37)fritsch Wrote: @weemaaan
create the file /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla
with the following content:
Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesktop.udisks.*
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

And to make it complete, if you want to mount and umount usb sticks, that are connected during a xbmc sessions
do:
Code:
sudo adduser xbmc users

and create the file /etc/udev/rules.d/11-media-by-label-auto-mount.rules
Code:
# Start at sdb to avoid system harddrive.
KERNEL!="sd[b-z][0-9]", GOTO="media_by_label_auto_mount_end"

# Import FS infos
IMPORT{program}="/sbin/blkid -o udev -p %N"

# Get a label if present, otherwise specify one
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}!="", ENV{dir_name}="%E{ID_FS_LABEL}"
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="", ENV{dir_name}="usbhd-%k"

# Global mount options
ACTION=="add", ENV{mount_options}="relatime"
# Filesystem-specific mount options
ACTION=="add", ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}=="vfat|ntfs", ENV{mount_options}="$env{mount_options},utf8,gid=100,umask=002"

# Mount the device
ACTION=="add", RUN+="/bin/mkdir -p /media/%E{dir_name}", RUN+="/bin/mount -o $env{mount_options} /dev/%k /media/%E{dir_name}"

# Clean up after removal
ACTION=="remove", ENV{dir_name}!="", RUN+="/bin/umount -l /media/%E{dir_name}", RUN+="/bin/rmdir /media/%E{dir_name}"

# Exit
LABEL="media_by_label_auto_mount_end"

Now Reboot.

Shutdown, logout, suspend, etc. should be fine afterwards. Also mounting and umount of usb drives should now be possible.

@wsnipex:
Perhaps we should add this into the howto? As the polkit console commands are not there anymore?

This may be old but, just installed minimal Ubuntu + XBMC and with this, I only get usb mounting when I plug the usb in, if its plugged in during boot it wont show up!

Is there something that should be installed in Ubuntu minimal? (e.g. automount or autofs perhpas something else, usbmount doesnt work either with or without this.

TIA

uNi

Check if you use proper GID and UID becaus in my case i had to change them to 1000 and check if you got the udisks package. For me automount is working with devices connected before boot.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23